IGNORED

Fox Sports 2015 U.S. Open Thread (Joe Buck, Greg Norman)

ChrisP
Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Even w/mute on, you can see the awkward pauses and interviewee trying harder than usual to come up w/something to say.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can get past the lack of quality audio ... I'm only getting frustrated at the frequency with which they lose a ball with the camera .... And then make little to no effort to fix it by having somebody on the ground tell us where it ended up. At least a few times yesterday a ball went in the air, they switched to the camera that the ball was heading towards, the ball was nowhere to be found, and then just silence until "now let's go to DJ on 18" Well thanks. Next time during a baseball game a guy hits a fair ball just point the camera at the sky, don't say anything, then just wait until the next pitch and pretend like nothing happened. Let's see how that goes over.

I can get past the lack of quality audio ... I'm only getting frustrated at the frequency with which they lose a ball with the camera ....

And then make little to no effort to fix it by having somebody on the ground tell us where it ended up.

At least a few times yesterday a ball went in the air, they switched to the camera that the ball was heading towards, the ball was nowhere to be found, and then just silence until "now let's go to DJ on 18"

Well thanks. Next time during a baseball game a guy hits a fair ball just point the camera at the sky, don't say anything, then just wait until the next pitch and pretend like nothing happened. Let's see how that goes over.

It is pretty funny / pathetic they can't find the ball.  At least three times they showed a wide angle view of where they think the ball landed but you couldn't see the ball, then the camera would move and zoom in.  One would think that there would be some technology that could link up the shot tracker to a motorized camera mount so that the camera will follow the ball or at least have a relative idea where the ball will land.

I'll cut Fox some slack since this is their first Major but it does make me appreciate the job NBC and CBS does even more.

Joe Paradiso

I haven't read the whole thread. But I will tell you, Norman has really impressed me. I thought he would be arrogant, but he has been very good. Buck on the other hand, makes me want to mute the tv. He is absolutely terrible, and that's a understatement. I understand Fox pays him a ton of money, so they have to use him. But as bad as I thought Berman was on ESPN, and he was really bad. I think he was better then Buck, and that's saying something .

I think Holly's interviews are excellent. You just need to try it with the sound off.

lolololol I'm with ya.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Even when they show golf, the cameras can't follow the shot ... so they are left with giving us non-golf coverage... :doh:

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

All I can say is.... wow... what terrible coverage. Not impressed with any of the commentary. I guess (call me crazy) I like to actually see the golf shot. On the plus side, I guess they can't get any worse. It sucks because I want to watch the Senior Open next week and I have to watch it on this god awful network. Stick to football and NASCAR. Hopefully they can hire some of NBC talent over to Fox.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

I really have no problem with Fox on this one.

They already have the best baseball and football coverage, in a few short years, their golf coverage will be second to none.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Now I'm worried that if I ever meet Greg Norman that he'll be judging me by me eyes.

Horschel didn't come off very well in that interview. I get that people are not impressed with the greens, but a post-round interview doesn't feel the right place to say that you've lost respect for the USGA. Over the top IMO.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

All I can say is.... wow... what terrible coverage. Not impressed with any of the commentary. I guess (call me crazy) I like to actually see the golf shot. On the plus side, I guess they can't get any worse. It sucks because I want to watch the Senior Open next week and I have to watch it on this god awful network. Stick to football and NASCAR. Hopefully they can hire some of NBC talent over to Fox.

Your ass is still red from the Stanley cup, I can tell.

Your ass is still red from the Stanley cup, I can tell.

You really have nothing to add to any threads besides throw snarky remarks and troll around.

I really have no problem with Fox on this one.

They already have the best baseball and football coverage, in a few short years, their golf coverage will be second to none.

You're right. You can see the innovation they're trying to show with some of their graphics to make it easier for the viewer. It's not fine tuned yet but will be.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Was a laugh out loud moment for me when Buck said to Norman, "Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back, Greg." Greg laughed. Best chemistry I've heard so far. They will improve.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Was a laugh out loud moment for me when Buck said to Norman, "Don't dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back, Greg." Greg laughed. Best chemistry I've heard so far. They will improve.

lmao, heard that. Joe Buck is likeable for sure, Norman is okay but you can tell this isn't natural for him just yet.

Yeah that was good.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Tell you what I don't like: I think they're paying azzholes to stand next to their mics and yell stupid shit like getinthehole and mashedpotatoes. Either that or Seattle fans are just as idiotic as Jacksonville. By far the 2 worst I've heard and both this season.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Tell you what I don't like: I think they're paying azzholes to stand next to their mics and yell stupid shit like getinthehole and mashedpotatoes. Either that or Seattle fans are just as idiotic as Jacksonville. By far the 2 worst I've heard and both this season.

that and *bababooey* wasnt even cool 20 years ago.

Seriously though, this is probably the first tournament I have ever watched all 4 days of (missed a little bit friday as i tee off a bit later in the morning) If they can keep my interest for 4 days, they must be doing something right.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

It's going to be like that everywhere unfortunately. When I retire I'm going to travel from tour event to tour event dick punching those guys.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!