IGNORED

Do you wear sunglasses while playing?

jbest
Note: This thread is 3868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oakley Bottle Rockets. Best I've found. Polarized, light enough to forget you're wearing them, fit most faces.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Only when it's sunny.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Almost always and they are prescription Oakley M-frames that I have had for a long time.  It has to get pretty dark for me to switch to my regular glasses.  They are not super dark tint.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I wear prescription sunglasses, polarized bronze lenses that I feel really help me to both see the ball and read greens.  They are light enough that I wear them even on cloudy days just fine.

When I started playing I tried using some progressive sunglasses I already had, but as someone else noted, couldn't keep a consistent head position and focus.  They also seemed to make the ball "jump around" as I swung the club.  After discussing this with my optometrist she suggested bifocals with the reading lens cut very low.  These have worked out great.  They are not reading glasses, I actually have to grab the ear piece and lift the lens to see through the bifocal, but I can when I need to read some fine print and they don't interfere with my setup.  This is definitely something you have to ask for though.

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

I never used to like sunglasses while golfing. I tried cheap-ish shades for other outdoor sports and always felt like there was a bit of visual distortion and I couldn't be absolutely confident of where my bike wheel or foot was in relation to the ground. I finally found some good quality shades for cheap - and I'm happy with them now. Cebe did the trick for me.

Always when sunny. Transitions for sorts sunny and dark when sunny all day.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Yep I wear Oakley or Sungdog whether it's golf, driving or just being outside.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I can't play without them when it's sunny out.  I wear Oakley Crosslink prescription sunglasses.  If it's not bright out just my regular Oakley eyeglasses.  But even overcast I'll wear my sunglasses because I see the ball so much clearer and easiler.  And they're also polarized

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Between shots, yes. Not during my swing.

+1

Can not hit a ball or putt to save my life with them on, but they are on as soon as I finish swinging a club.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Prior to summer 2011, I didn't wear glasses as part of a normal day routine, but I did wear sunglasses when playing golf, other than when putting. Early that summer, I was first diagnosed (is that the right word?) with worse-than-20/20 vision and got glasses with transition lenses, so now I wear sunglasses when playing always (unless I want to play without my vision glasses, which I don't). I'm not sure why one wouldn't want to wear them, particularly on sunny days, but better players than I feel that way, so I assume there's a good reason.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I wear prescription glasses.  Years ago and with a different prescription, I tried golfing with sunglasses but wasn't happy with the results.  It seemed like my depth perception was off when wearing prescription sunglasses.   My vision has changed several times since then and I've added bifocals.   My new sunglasses are also bifocal but I haven't tried using them golfing.   I may just give them a go.   My optometrist strongly suggests something to protect from the UVA/UVB.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I wear sunglasses when driving or being outside, unless I'm golfing.  I do not like having my RayBan's on while taking a swing for whatever reason.  I just use my trusty Puma ballcap and hopefully the sun has come up enough to not get in my eyes

Note: This thread is 3868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!