IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

3 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Great movie. When I was like 19-22 years old it was my favorite movie. I still really like it. 

I saw a clip of the general or some other doing a look over of the camp/base, so hypocritical but I couldn't help but laugh. Being in the front lines of a war at that time really sucked.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I saw a clip of the general or some other doing a look over of the camp/base, so hypocritical but I couldn't help but laugh. Being in the front lines of a war at that time really sucked.

Yea that’s a good scene. Definitely watch it, it’s very well done. 

“Now you got the edge on him.”

This though is easily the most iconic scene in the entire movie, except for maybe the last scene: 

You definitely don’t need to watch this whole clip, but the walk thru the trenches and the final countdown is pretty epic. 

Constantine

4 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Yea that’s a good scene. Definitely watch it, it’s very well done. 

“Now you got the edge on him.”

This though is easily the most iconic scene in the entire movie, except for maybe the last scene: 

You definitely don’t need to watch this whole clip, but the walk thru the trenches and the final countdown is pretty epic. 

Thanks. 👍🎥

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Happy Birthday Gene Hackman.

Heist (2001). Eagle. David Mamet, Gene Hackman, Sam Rockwell, Delroy Lindo, Danny DeVito, Ricky Jay. One of my favorite heist movies of all time. 

Steve

FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened. Birdie.  I personally loved this documentary.  As someone who abhors manipulation and deceit of the consumer, I had been interested in the story but never really dug into it after it happened.  Well put together documentary that gave insight into the inner workings of the comically disastrous event that was at times so baffling that I couldn't help but laugh.  97 minutes very well spent...

Edited by Foot Wedge
Typo

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

They Shall Not Grow Old - eagle. Finally got to see WW I documentary made by LoTR director, Peter Jackson. The wizards who did the restoration of the old film reels are really something. When you see the before and afters, it's mind boggling what they accomplished. It's not only the video they restored, but the audio too, went as far as to use lip readers and hire voice actors from the same areas in England they guessed the solders in the film clips were from. See it in 3D and stay for the after credits piece. Also, on a related note, this year is the 75th anniversary of D-Day/Operation Overlord.

Steve

The Predator (Black, 2018)

I just got back from this. They totally f***ing "Ragnarok-ed" this shit. It was f***ing bonkers! Now for those that read the prequel novel, certain characters that make it over to this film, were not portrayed in the same fashion - some were just glorified cameos, if you're sharp enough to spot them. 
As far as my ratings go for the Predator non-AVP films are:
Predator 
Predator 2
The Predator 
Predators 
They could go and release an unrated/director's cut if they wanted - I have a feeling that there may have been more action and sub-plots deleted from this version not counting that one that generated controversy. I may go back and see it again. I saw it with a great crowd. The theater was 40% full and it was in one of the bigger screens. 
I recommend it.

Polar - An adaptation of Victor Santos' graphic novel "Polar: Came From the Cold", staring nobody you probably know. The world's top assassin, Duncan Vizla, aka The Black Kaiser, is settling into retirement when his former employer marks him as a liability to the firm (aka, doesn't want to pay him his retirement money). Against his will, he finds himself back in the game going head-to-head with an army of younger, faster, ruthless killers who will stop at nothing to have him silenced.  This is part Kill Bill, part John Wick ... but quirkier.  I really enjoyed it, but it may not be for everyone and did not score well with Rotten Tomatoes (a plus, in my book).  Also has an odd ending, as many Netflix movies seem to have.  Very very violent, with several fairly graphic sex scenes - would not recommend for children, but I give it a birdie.

39 minutes ago, Eric C said:

Polar - An adaptation of Victor Santos' graphic novel "Polar: Came From the Cold", staring nobody you probably know. The world's top assassin, Duncan Vizla, aka The Black Kaiser, is settling into retirement when his former employer marks him as a liability to the firm (aka, doesn't want to pay him his retirement money). Against his will, he finds himself back in the game going head-to-head with an army of younger, faster, ruthless killers who will stop at nothing to have him silenced.  This is part Kill Bill, part John Wick ... but quirkier.  I really enjoyed it, but it may not be for everyone and did not score well with Rotten Tomatoes (a plus, in my book).  Also has an odd ending, as many Netflix movies seem to have.  Very very violent, with several fairly graphic sex scenes - would not recommend for children, but I give it a birdie.

I watched this as well, and really liked it, birdie for me too.  Sometimes I wonder where all of the bad reviews for movies come from.  I found it entertaining and I love Mads Mikkelson.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator

Ryan Reynolds is involved here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

48 minutes ago, iacas said:

Ryan Reynolds is involved here.

Great trailer! Gonna have to see this one.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

This is the one I am looking forward to.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

What Happened to Monday - Netflix -   Easy Par

Very entertaining movie, thought Naomi Rapace was excellent in the role as the 7 sisters.  Yeah there are some plot holes, but the rest of the movie was a fun ride.    

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Apollo 11 should be a good movie, I'm especially looking forwards to the supposedly unreleased footage from the mission that will be included in the film.

t-apollo-11-documentary.jpg

In the new documentary Apollo 11, freshly unearthed footage of the 1969 lunar mission, with the help of a community of space nerds, will tell the story of the historic event in a new way, making the film as much a cinematic...

World forgets The Beatles but for one struggling musician. Interested.

Steve

Mortal Engines (2018) - Lipped out bogey. I like movies of alternate realities or posible near future scenarios for the human race, that´s why i gave it a try. For the whole movie it was ok, but I get a little bored and distracted with the cellphone at the end were a lot of accion scenes took place.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

That's kind of an interesting premise for a movie.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Very interested for this to come out.  Someone remind me in five months or so.  

Corey