IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

Inside Out - Eagle . Clever, imaginative, creative, multi-layered, poignant, therapeutic, funny, spot on voice casting, ethereal and nostalgic original soundtrack. Bring Kleenex. Seriously. Tons of easter eggs of previous Pixar films and one very funny one to a very adult movie. Stay for the end credits. The reviews from the Cannes film festival were spot on.

Hollywood is trying to kill me w/nostalgia this year. Jurassic World, Charlie Brown, Le Petit Prince and Star Wars. Stop it!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interstellar is in between an eagle and a birdie for me so I give it a birdie on a long par 4.

Wasn't a fan of the middle act with the surprise "guest star" but I get how it was a plot device to get us to the last act. Great visuals, love the characters, story and how things connect. Nolan always does a great job of telling a story utilizing his characters and their motivations. It's a Sci-Fi fantasy but it also feels very real. The underlying message that we need to keep exploring/dreaming was clear but Nolan didn't try to hit us over the head with it.

@nevets88, that was a cool infograph.

The graph makes it seem like the people that open the worm hole are the descendants of Earth orbiting Saturn, 68 years after they solve the gravity equation. I initially thought the people that open the wormhole and build the tesseract are even farther into the future, maybe even evolved past a "human" looking state. Just seems like a crazy amount of advancement for 68 years.

Saw it last night after hearing a radio show report of using the movie scenes  for science lessons at school.    BTW, why can they make movies in 2 hour range these days?   This was 2:49 movie which I thought can be easily made into a shorter one without missing a beat.    The movie was a birdie for me - story line, visual effect, etc..   The movie reminded me of Contact & Gravity.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Smithsonian getting in on the Jurassic World meme:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

[URL=http://www.newsarama.com/24922-spider-man-confirmed-for-captain-america-civil-war.html]http://www.newsarama.com/24922-spider-man-confirmed-for-captain-america-civil-war.html[/URL]

Civil War is shaping up to be The Avengers 2.5 by the looks of the casting so far. No wait, make that 2.75.

Corey

• 2 weeks later...

Terminator Genysis - double bogey. Schwarzenegger just doesn't have it anymore. Most of the actors in this are so bland. The plot is so convoluted.

Steve

Just watched the Kingsman, liked it a lot, good mindless fun. Birdie Also watched John Wick, another good mindless fun movie. Another birdie.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Also watched John Wick, another good mindless fun movie. Another birdie.

John Wick was great, except that one super unrealistic scene early in the movie (you know the one) that took me out of it momentarily.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Saw "Inside Out" with my son --- it might make you cry... good movie

Saw Pitch Perfect 2. It is a more adult version of Pitch Perfect ... not as innocent or as good of a story as the original. But if you liked 1, you will like 2 a little less.

An Oldie ... Boondock Saints .... mayhem ... Catholic style. Classic.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

John Wick was great, except that one super unrealistic scene early in the movie (you know the one) that took me out of it momentarily.

I thought the whole movie was super unrealistic. ;-)

But crazy action fun!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Saw "Inside Out" with my son --- it might make you cry... good movie Saw Pitch Perfect 2. It is a more adult version of Pitch Perfect ... not as innocent or as good of a story as the original. But if you liked 1, you will like 2 a little less. An Oldie ... Boondock Saints .... mayhem ... Catholic style. Classic.

I also saw [i]Inside Out[/i] last week and agree. Lewis Black as Anger was perfect. And if anyone reading this hasn't seen [i]Boondock Saints[/i], fix that ASAP. Maybe next March we'll try to watch it as a group. [quote name="jsgolfer" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/846#post_1164390"][QUOTE name="Shindig" url="/t/70277/the-films-and-movies-thread/846#post_1164222"] John Wick was great, except that one super unrealistic scene early in the movie (you know the one) that took me out of it momentarily.[/QUOTE] I thought the whole movie was super unrealistic.  ;-) But crazy action fun! [/quote] Well, in particular, there was that scene at the beginning where he pumps his own gas in New Jersey. The rest of the movie I go for some suspension of disbelief, but that?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Saw "Inside Out" with my son --- it might make you cry... good movie

Saw Pitch Perfect 2. It is a more adult version of Pitch Perfect ... not as innocent or as good of a story as the original. But if you liked 1, you will like 2 a little less.

An Oldie ... Boondock Saints .... mayhem ... Catholic style. Classic.

I also saw Inside Out last week and agree. Lewis Black as Anger was perfect.

And if anyone reading this hasn't seen Boondock Saints, fix that ASAP. Maybe next March we'll try to watch it as a group.

It might make you cry - Lots of people were crying in the theater. I saw a Mom hug her daughter

during the Bing Bong scene.

Imho, I think Phyllis Smith is an even more perfect fit as Sadness. She gave the best voice performance in the movie. Richard Kind as Bing Bong was genius casting as well.

I was worried about Pixar with Cars 2, awful, Monsters University and Brave were good, but not Pixar good.

Steve

Mad Max: Fury Road - Eagle.  Fantastic movie with lots of great action/stunts and wonderful visuals.

Terminator Genisys - Par.  Honestly better than I thought it would be, so that probably saved it from being a bogey.  Entertaining enough to keep me interested.  Plus Emilia Clarke is gorgeous.  One thing that the Terminator franchise needs is it go back to being more of a sci-fi thriller instead of an all out action movie.  That's what made the first two movies so good.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

I also saw [i]Inside Out[/i] last week and agree. Lewis Black as Anger was perfect. And if anyone reading this hasn't seen [i]Boondock Saints[/i], fix that ASAP. Maybe next March we'll try to watch it as a group. Well, in particular, there was that scene at the beginning where he pumps his own gas in New Jersey. The rest of the movie I go for some suspension of disbelief, but that?

Oh yeah that's right you can't pump gas in NJ. Lol

-Jerry

Foxcatcher. I'm going to give this one a par. I thought there were some fairly decent performances in this flick, but it just seemed kind of hollow when all was said and done. The Ghost And The Darkness. Birdie. Was glad to see this gem added to Netflix the other week.

Corey

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Comic-Con Trailer [HD]

You broke my building Superman, now you're gonna pay.

Steve