IGNORED

The Films and Movies Thread

iacas

8 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Black Mass
The story about the infamous crime lord Whitey Bulger. It starred Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger. Benedict Cumberbatch played his brother, and US Senator Billy Bulger. This was an enthralling movie to watch. I give it a tap in Birdie. I give Johnny Depp an birdie performance. He was totally convincing playing Whitey Bulger. 

Small nit pick. Billy Bulger was an MA senator, not a US senator.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, jamo said:

Small nit pick. Billy Bulger was an MA senator, not a US senator.

Good catch. :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The Finest Hours - lip out par. Chris Pine's Mass accent was passable. Special effects were good too. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Watched DEADPOOL last night - Hole in One.

Ryan Reynolds was spot on.  Just a fun movie to watch, fast, very funny, lots of action, fourth wall breaking, made fun of  other Superhero cliches (Wait For it She's going to do a Superhero Landing, Woo Superhero Landing, claps, you know that's really hard on your knees) and poked fun at himself several times.  The end credits were hilarious.  And then the homage to Ferris Bueller's Day Off was done really well.   Oh and don't leave your garbage lying around, it's totally a dick move..Chicka Chicka.....LOL

deadpool.jpg

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 2 weeks later...
On June 2, 2016 at 2:17 PM, jsgolfer said:

Watched DEADPOOL last night - Hole in One.

Ryan Reynolds was spot on.  Just a fun movie to watch, fast, very funny, lots of action, fourth wall breaking, made fun of  other Superhero cliches (Wait For it She's going to do a Superhero Landing, Woo Superhero Landing, claps, you know that's really hard on your knees) and poked fun at himself several times.  The end credits were hilarious.  And then the homage to Ferris Bueller's Day Off was done really well.   Oh and don't leave your garbage lying around, it's totally a dick move..Chicka Chicka.....LOL

deadpool.jpg

Ditto, I hope the second part will not be disappointing!

sixth sense.. I don't get tired of this movie.  Birdi!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Watched Eye in the Sky. Birdie. 

The difference between soldiers and politicians comes through loud and clear.  The internal struggle of following orders and morality also comes through clearly. 

Eventhough I know what I think I would do as an observer, unless I was put into that situation, it would be hard to definitively say what I would do. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 2 weeks later...

This promises to be a really good movie.

http://www.gleasonmovie.com/

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Saw Spotlight a few days ago. It gets an eagle from me. Really enjoyed it. I will say however, Mark Ruffalo's capital-A Acting threw me off a few times. 

Just finished The Martian. Solid birdie. The rare 2+ hour movie that didn't drag at all. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just had to jump in here quickly and tell you the best 3 movies ever made. This isn't up for discussion, because I know I am right :-)

1) Pulp Fiction

2) Train Spotting

3) Schindlers List

A few other films you should watch before you die are, In Bruges, Forest Gump, Midnight Cowboy, The Graduate, and The Life of Brian

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

Watched a LOT of movies since last posting.

The Brothers Grimsby:  Mostly bad, this Cohen guy is obviously out of funny material and is going the way of Tom Green.  Bogey.

10 Cloverfield Lane:  I heard this was weak but I actually liked it; it kept me guessing until the end.  Birdie.

London Has Fallen:  Not bad but cheesy dialogue and absolutely nothing new.  Par.

Gridlocked:  Terrible.  The only thing this movie was missing was Steven Seagal.  Double bogey.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies:  I don't care for zombie movies or chick flicks and this was a bit of both.  Par (barely).

Triple 9:  I had a feeling this was gonna be terrible but it ended up being mostly watchable.  Par.

Dirty Grandpa:  This started off great but lost a lot of steam over the course of the movie.  Par.

Deadpool:  Funny stuff, rated R superhero movie finally.  Birdie.

Jane Got A Gun:  Great movie title, lame movie.  Bogey.

The Revenant:  Started off strong then kinda dragged for 2 hours then ended strong.  Stunning scenery.  Birdie (barely).

The Hateful 8.  Tarantino doing what Tarantino does.  Birdie.

Hunger Games 1:  Blah.  Par.

Hunger Games 2:  Bad.  Bogey.

Hunger Games 3:  Worse.  Double bogey.

Hunger Games 4:  The worst.  Triple bogey.

Daddy's Home:  Funnier than I expected but Will Ferrel is still not hilarious.  Par.

Sisters:  Surprisingly crude; has a few really funny parts.  Par.

The Night Before:  Mildly amusing and completely forgettable.  Par.

Extraction:  So forgettable I can't even remember what happened.  Bogey.

Spectre:  This seemed really tame and painfully cliche` for a Bond movie.  Bogey.

Grandma:  Mildly amusing but heavier on the drama than I was expecting.  Par.

The Last Witch Hunter:  Needed to be rated R.  Bogey.

The Intern:  Mildly amusing; kind of a chick flick.  Par.

The Martian:  Solid sci-fi.  Par.

Momentum:  B action garbage that even Steven Seagal would have made better.  Double bogey.

I Am Wrath:  B action garbage that happens to have John Travolta in it.  Bogey.

12 Rounds Part 3 (Lockdown):  B action garbage that makes me wish I had 90 minutes of my life back.  Double bogey.

Bad Words:  Somewhat funny but seemed like it could have been much funnier.  Par.

Blades of Glory:  Mildly amusing but nothing to write home about.  Par.

Forsaken:  Completely average western with a cliche` plot and a mildly interesting twist at the end.  Par.

Kill Or Be Killed:  Low quality western with an interesting twist on the genre.  Bogey.

Green Hornet:  Lame superhero makes for a lame superhero movie.  At least the car was awesome.  Bogey.

Green Lantern:  Not as bad as I was expecting.  Par.

Captain America: Civil War:  These Captain America movies have the most boring superheroes of all, it's mostly just a bunch of regular people who punch a little harder or move a little faster, or have to use a special suit in order to be special.  Par.

X-Men: Apocalypse:  This is what a superhero movie should be like.  Birdie.

X-Men: First Class:  Seemed a little cheesy compared to the newer ones but still not bad.  Par.

The Lobster:  Weird movie.  Sometimes funny, sometimes awkward, sometimes dumb.  Par (barely).

Mr Right:  Few funny spots here and there, overall nothing special.  Par.

Kingsman: The Secret Service:  Really solid action movie.  Birdie.

It Follows:  Dumbest monster movie I've seen in a long time.  Double bogey.

Ant Man:  Better than I thought it would be.  Par.

A Walk In The Woods:  Solid movie all around.  Par.

Self/Less:  Not bad but had a serious low budget feel to it.  Par (barely).

Jurassic World:  More of the same nonsense as the movie from 20 years ago.  Bogey.

Man From UNCLE:  This was a lot better than what I was expecting.  Birdie.

Drive:  Decent movie.  Par.

Prometheus:  Random sci-fi monster flick, nothing really special about it.  Par.

Ted:  I should have just watched Family Guy re-runs instead.  Par (barely).

Predestination:  Solid time traveler movie.  Par.

Run All Night:  Random action flick, seemed like a rip-off of Road to Perdition.  Par.

Road To Perdition:  Saw this movie years ago but it was one of the best Hanks movies I've ever seen.  Eagle.

Bone Tomahawk:  This is about as gross of a movie as I care to watch.  Good movie though and an interesting twist for a western.  Birdie.

Star Wars: Force Awakens:  Pretty dull for a Star Wars movie but it's setting up the sequels I guess.  Par.

Edited by Strandly

Midnight Special - birdie. Love low budget high concept scifi. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

Zootopia… par. Which is better than I was expecting.

Still, I kept wondering… what did the carnivores EAT?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

27 minutes ago, iacas said:

Zootopia… par. Which is better than I was expecting.

Still, I kept wondering… what did the carnivores EAT?

That was a good movie. I'm more generous and would give it a birdie, that sloth scene was hilarious, good chemistry between leads, great effects. Meat consumption is a pretty big plot hole - cadavers?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 7/1/2016 at 8:16 AM, paininthenuts said:

Just had to jump in here quickly and tell you the best 3 movies ever made. This isn't up for discussion, because I know I am right :-)

1) Pulp Fiction

2) Train Spotting

3) Schindlers List

A few other films you should watch before you die are, In Bruges, Forest Gump, Midnight Cowboy, The Graduate, and The Life of Brian

I could replace those 3 with.

1} Reservoir Dogs

2) Cape Fear

3} Big Lebowski

Eye in the Sky -Birdie. Good story, acting and effects.

Brooklyn - Birdie. Excellent acting.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Our Kind of Traitor - par - slow burn John le Carre-ish spy drama. 

Rear Window in a real movie theatre, no ads, no annoying people, no kids, albatross. 

Steve

Not a review, but thought it was interesting re: book/movie plots. I've seen similar attempts to categorize books and music before into a finite number of buckets, but this one seemed to put some data behind it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3679510/There-just-SIX-plots-film-book-TV-Researchers-reveal-building-blocks-storytelling.html

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 8.32.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 8.33.40 PM.png

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• 2 weeks later...

You want revenge?

I seek righteousness, but I'll take revenge.

Steve