IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

To hell with the 1.5ft of snow we should never have gotten! No winter depression for me. Bringing out the mevo+ next!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My golf course robo-texts me daily with great prices for the last available tee times.  I signed up for one today with the 1.5 feet of snow on the ground.  Cabin fever setting in...

I snagged the 2:00 tee time.  So, besides slogging through the snow on my Foot-Joy snowshoes and looking for lost balls on every shot, including putts, I'll need to complete the round in 2 hours, 23 minutes to beat sunset.  Hopefully I won't be eaten by coyotes.  

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Saw this poem on-line and immediately thought of @dennyjones and our other Michigan Sand Trappers.

DB7977FD-DDC6-406D-AC2B-139519E25569.jpeg

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

“ Oh but we have such great summers.”

😒

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I can feel the love!   :banana:

Ya but where can you go where there isn't enough snow to ski, to cloudy for sunglasses and if you do get some snow it melts within a few days?    Most of the snow in the lower peninsula is manufactured!   

Where can you go where the ice melts frequently and it's pretty dangerous to go ice skating except indoors at a rink?   

Where can you go...    (Jekyll Island, we're a comin')

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Vinsk! I see it’s only 53F in Orlando. You want me to FedEx you a parka?

• Funny 2

Scott

My Swing Thread

30 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Hey @Vinsk! I see it’s only 53F in Orlando. You want me to FedEx you a parka?

Lol. Yeah. Had  to pull out the ole FootJoy jacket. There were Ping reps at my course doing demos and you’d think they were in the North Pole! 

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

St. Augustine in February, St. Augustine in February. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

For our Minnesota and Michigan Sand Trappers. The Onion.

197xrjaz7466rpng.png

MINNEAPOLIS—Admitting that this week’s extreme wind chills were starting to get to her, Minnesota resident Anne Mauer confirmed Tuesday that she’s seriously thinking of packing it all...

Scott

My Swing Thread

13 hours ago, boogielicious said:

For our Minnesota and Michigan Sand Trappers. The Onion.

197xrjaz7466rpng.png

MINNEAPOLIS—Admitting that this week’s extreme wind chills were starting to get to her, Minnesota resident Anne Mauer confirmed Tuesday that she’s seriously thinking of packing it all...

Lake Michigan does temper us from some of the snow and a lot of the wind chill temperatures.   I play WGT golf with a guy from Wisconsin and this week they have had several days with temps below zero and wind chills at -20 or below.    We've had a couple night where the temp has dipped below 0 but nothing like Wisconsin is seeing.   Now if they want to share some sunshine...

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Not all that great here in FL. right now. Going to be in the 40's this week-end (during the day). 

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

14 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

Not all that great here in FL. right now. Going to be in the 40's this week-end (during the day). 

My buddy in Vero Beach says they have ‘falling iguana’ warnings because they stiffen up and fall out of trees. That’s hilarious!

• Funny 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

I have to admit, I take a little bit of delight when the weather is cold and crappy during the winter. Not a big snow-bird fan.

• Informative 1

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

38 minutes ago, Bucki1968 said:

We're supposed to be getting back into the 40's next week. My quota game guys are all very excited. Planning a big day of it already.

Wondering if they make mud boots with soft spikes.

• 2 weeks later...

This is depressing but it won't stop me from playing.  I just figured out that my home course is about 700 yards longer in the winter, via doing some math.  Drives plug.  2nd shots on par 5's plug.  All shots carry about 7-15 yards shorter because of the cold.  I played yesterday and felt like I was playing an 8000 yard course.  

On 2/9/2022 at 4:10 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

This is depressing but it won't stop me from playing.  I just figured out that my home course is about 700 yards longer in the winter, via doing some math.  Drives plug.  2nd shots on par 5's plug.  All shots carry about 7-15 yards shorter because of the cold.  I played yesterday and felt like I was playing an 8000 yard course.  

I found out the same today. Nice day in Philly but the course is sooo soft. It was the first time I was on a golf course in 2022 so my swing needs work as well but the ball doesn’t go anywhere even with my best strike. I am going to play again on Saturday and I have a lesson in an indoor simulator next week. Maybe I have that backwards.

Bill M