IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Just can't catch a break. Raining here in SF. There goes my round of golf today. Ugh. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:05 PM, MrDC said:

I think I've officially played my last round of the season

Come On MrDC, have faith. I promise you,

you will play again in 2016..................:-)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

i got one last round in last Saturday, it was really nice out until about 3pm, then the wind started howling, it rained in the morning so sloppy it was, but I'll take it.

That has to be the end though here in NY.

I live in the Buffalo NY area, and the last possible day for a round of golf was December 24th when the weather was mild. So it's been about a month since I have been able to play a round of golf. At this juncture I am confined indoors where I have been working out a bit to try to stay in shape and prevent my muscles, what little I still have left at the age of 67 from atrophying. I also practice short chip shots indoors and every now and I take a few minutes to practice swinging my driver outdoors while I await springtime.

Edited by 9wood

Got what will probably be my last round in this past Saturday.  Wasn't too bad temperature wise, but the course was pretty wet so with Sunday's light snow (and forecast for more this upcoming weekend) I'm guessing it won't really be worth trying to get out again until early spring.  Tough to complain though, given how mild it's been up until this point and how much late fall/early winter golf I was able to get in this year.

Finally, I get to go out and play a round.  In Tucson for a business trip.  Had meetings all yesterday.  More meetings this morning, but got an early afternoon tee time.  Sweet!

Playing at Starr Pass golf course: http://www.marriott.com/golf-hotels/tussp-jw-marriott-tucson-starr-pass-resort-and-spa/starr-pass-golf-club/5237338/course-overview.mi

It's been way too long.  I haven't played since early mid-November.  Anticipation is killing me.

Don

I'm debating going to the chipping area today. It's likely frozen solid and caked with some patchy snow but with the megastorm purportedly readying to unleash on the northeast, it might be my last chance before March. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

1 hour ago, dkolo said:

I'm debating going to the chipping area today. It's likely frozen solid and caked with some patchy snow but with the megastorm purportedly readying to unleash on the northeast, it might be my last chance before March. 

Do it! Get some bread and milk while you're at it and panic like the rest of the populace.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We have a snow storm approaching. Our totals are supposed to be not that bad.. We have no snow now and tuesday and wednesday its supposed to be 40's so maybe just maybe..... If we get an inch or less... I went pistol shooting today.. 28 degrees quite a bite shooting 9mm hot rounds in a small frame pistol.

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Do it! Get some bread and milk while you're at it and panic like the rest of the populace.

Well, you talked me into it. Really twisted my arm...

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Not only do I miss golfing, but having to watch 8 hours of figure skating during Prime Time   :pound:

Plus, no golf on national channels.   :pound:  :pound:  all weekend........

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

well, that about does it.   Was playing into mid January in PA & NJ ... maximized my playing with this unseasonable warm weather (weekends were above freezing, but very sloppy wet).    12" of snow today (had to run the snow blower twice) will shut it down until April (if we're lucky).    All good things must come to an end ... this old body needs a break anyways

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I'm depressed after the storm we had this weekend.  I'm looking at about 24" of snow with higher drifts, thanks to all the wind.  I need to be a snow bird or just move full time to Florida

Joe Paradiso

One course in the entire metro Denver region was open yesterday-Heritage at Westmore. It was packed but I got to play 18 holes. 

Felt great to be playing.

Now only if the predicted snow stays away today...

Don

Happy Gilmore, with hockey skates, on a sidewalk. Instead of sliding those hips, sliding the sidewalk. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

11 hours ago, 3Mulligans said:

Live in Arizona......... no depression :banana:

When it's 83 and sunny here in July, what temperature will it be in Arizona?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave