IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Ron please refrain from any more posts in this thread...this is a golf WINTER DEPRESSION thread, not a winter RUB IT IN YOUR FACE thread.

I can't take any more gut punches courtesy of Northern California.

:surrender:

-20ºC today, probably down to -30 with the windchill.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

-20ºC today, probably down to -30 with the windchill.

So shorts and t-shirt weather in Montreal, eh?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Office closed early today due to the storm. Took me an hour and forty-five minutes to get home. It should be a fifteen minute ride. Sometimes I have to wonder why the heck I am still in New England.

[quote name="newtogolf" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/150#post_941645"]We're supposed to get hit with 10-14 inches of snow today on Long Island :doh: .  An hour a week on the golf simulator isn't enough to satisfy my addiction.  March can't get here soon enough. So glad I took off Friday to play. Took me 3 hrs to get home. Can't even imagine how the LIE was

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Lol, We have a bunch of snow here in Indiana. S0 much in fact, that I am done with this white crap all over the place. I'm moving to San Antonio in April, so I am really looking forward to no more snow in winter.

Then I can go out and play a round the day after Christmas :)

In my :tmade: Burner Golf Bag

:tmade:R1 Black Driver 10.5 degrees

:tmade:RBZ 3-Wood

:tmade:Burner Superfast 2.0 3-hybrid

:tmade:Burner 2.0 irons 4-PW, AW, SW, LW

:tmade:Spiderblade putter

:adidas:Audizero Golf shoes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

I like the fact the snow is staying down in Bawstan...

But you White Mountain folks love snow!

This is the first year in a while that we are not going to the Caribbean for February vacation.  My son is in college now.  This is going to be a long winter.

I am not a "White mountain folk". I am a transplant.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Office closed early today due to the storm. Took me an hour and forty-five minutes to get home. It should be a fifteen minute ride. Sometimes I have to wonder why the heck I am still in New England.

I can't figure out why I moved here....but I didn't play golf until after I moved here...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I transplanted to No. VA from Maine just for that reason.  And our area got the most snow we've had in a few years, can't remember getting any last year other than a dusting.  I'm glad it doesn't last very long. :-)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I transplanted to No. VA from Maine just for that reason.  And our area got the most snow we've had in a few years, can't remember getting any last year other than a dusting.  I'm glad it doesn't last very long.  :-)

I'm by the Carolina line, we got about 2 inches. It was 60 yesterday am. Gotta love va

I can't figure out why I moved here....but I didn't play golf until after I moved here...

I grew up in CT and probably played only 1 or 2 rounds of golf per year. Since I've started playing seriously and gotten completely addicted 1.5 years ago, I have never hated winter more.

I transplanted to No. VA from Maine just for that reason.  And our area got the most snow we've had in a few years, can't remember getting any last year other than a dusting.  I'm glad it doesn't last very long.

Seems like you had the right idea! Honestly, when my career allows for it, I will probably look to relocate to a warmer locale where golf year-round is an actual possibility. I am getting pretty sick of hitting balls in the freezing cold at a "heated" driving range, working with my swing coach on a simulator, and doing mirror work at home. Those things are great and I enjoy getting working to get better, but sometimes you just need to go out and play golf.

In the DC area it was warm enough on Sunday (mid 40's) to get in 18. I'm glad I did rather than watch NFL, because we aren't going to see the ground again for quite a while. Just 4 inches or so or snow, but it isn't supposed to be above 32 for at least 10 days and it is 6 degrees this morning.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

I am not a "White mountain folk". I am a transplant.

If you know what "The Kanc" is, you are White Mountain folk.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Warn enough to hit some balls today, unfortunately there is snow covering everything.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Still some snow from the Wed storm but 55 today and maybe 60 tomorrow. Courses should open Sun. Some may even open tomorrow afternoon. I've only been out once in 2014. It's fun and all but the inconsistent conditions especially the greens are frustrating. June can't get here fast enough. It was a long spring last year, golf was so-so until the mowers started running regularly. My home course is a grass range all year so may just hit balls even if it's just off what's left of the grass.

Dave :-)

Still some snow from the Wed storm but 55 today and maybe 60 tomorrow. Courses should open Sun. Some may even open tomorrow afternoon. I've only been out once in 2014. It's fun and all but the inconsistent conditions especially the greens are frustrating. June can't get here fast enough. It was a long spring last year, golf was so-so until the mowers started running regularly. My home course is a grass range all year so may just hit balls even if it's just off what's left of the grass.

FYI.

Most courses will be open tomorrow.  I called around because I was itching to play.

:beer:

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2