Jump to content
smellysell

Winter Depression Thread

3,253 posts / 149066 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Freezing rain advisory today.  My deck is covered in small hail and it's not looking good.   I did play 18 last Thursday though in 70º weather.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Figure this one out:

http://www.giphy.com/gifs/8vLcDifq0Vppodx9AQ

It's two hours south!

Not that unusual here. 2 hours east of here yesterday, there was a blizzard. Meanwhile, in Denver, we had a chilly day and a bit of snow, but nothing terrible.

That's not unusual for us, though. Mountains make the weather really volatile, and volatile over short distances to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, DeadMan said:

Not that unusual here. 2 hours east of here yesterday, there was a blizzard. Meanwhile, in Denver, we had a chilly day and a bit of snow, but nothing terrible.

That's not unusual for us, though. Mountains make the weather really volatile, and volatile over short distances to boot.

No mountains here.

Usually at most we are 5-10 degrees apart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

No mountains here.

Usually at most we are 5-10 degrees apart.

No, I get it. The front is just going to be between Erie and Pittsburgh. Probably doesn't happen much because you don't have a weather influence like the mountains. So it's more unusual to have temperature swings in short distances like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, iacas said:

Figure this one out:

http://www.giphy.com/gifs/8vLcDifq0Vppodx9AQ

It's two hours south!

Was your wind off the water? This can happen in Boston and the Cape with an east wind. It can be 80 in Worcester and 50 in Boston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Got in the car this morning and laughed...I had to scrape my windshield.  I

This past weekend was the 3 day demo event.  I went Friday and it was in the 60's...I kept thinking Saturday was going to be in the 70's but it was in the 40's.  My wife said that earlier in the week it said 70's.  Sunday it snowed at the event... Good reason for them to pack it in early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, iacas said:

 

NSFW language:

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

26 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

Nothing like a fresh blanket of snow Iacas....

To add insult to injury, this in additional to that massive storm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

To add injury to insult, this in additional to that massive storm. 

" ...with the angle of the sun this time of year, that should melt off in 5-6 weeks no problem."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My sump pump ran all day yesterday. Incidentally, the course near my house has a new island green. Gonna need a boat to get there, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, billchao said:

Incidentally, the course near my house has a new island green. Gonna need a boat to get there, though.

Something tells me the course by your house looks a little different than this island green with a boat...

5ad65407ba044_2018-04-1716-06-47_islandgreengolfbyboat-Bingimages.thumb.png.74e82a0e62ba672ede4a55adbb579d06.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, klineka said:

Something tells me the course by your house looks a little different than this island green with a boat...

5ad65407ba044_2018-04-1716-06-47_islandgreengolfbyboat-Bingimages.thumb.png.74e82a0e62ba672ede4a55adbb579d06.png

And you'd be right. It looks a bit more like this:7891720-3x2-940x627.jpg

I didn't take an actual picture because I was driving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...