IGNORED

Holy crap, I'm gonna play golf with Graeme McDowell!

David in FL
Note: This thread is 2595 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow that is amazing, just wondering though you said the tee time seemed a bit late to finish 18? I have wondered about these opportumities to meet sports celebrities and what is all involved, I just can't seem to help thinking that they don't really play an entire round with your group, it's like a few holes and they say good bye and move on to the next engagement, I know that would be a bummer and hope it doesn't turn out that way but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the deal. Anyways it still would be a great experience all the same.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Awesome news. I know many have said take pictures, I suggest video as well. I want to know how much farther he hits it than us average Joes.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't know who the other players are. The impression I got is that there will be 4 of us "top bookers" playing with GMAC....

Whoever they are, I hope they keep moving! We're playing early afternoon and it gets pretty dark around 5:30. It's gonna be ugly if we can't finish because some SOB can't drag his sorry ass around the course in less than 5 hours....

On that note, I'm sure your head will be spinning the majority of the time and the whole thing will be over before you know it, but it would be somewhat interesting to know how fast or slow a tour pro plays in a casual round.

Anyway, if any of the guys are slowing you all down, don't hesitate to lose 'em in a swamp full of alligators ;-)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I just had a terrible thought.......what if they have us play some kind of BS scramble?! :bugout:

Talk me off the ledge.  Tell me it couldn't happen! :scared:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

@David in FL , sadly your 5.9 HC just became my 12.2.

"Luke, remember your training."

Have fun and relax.  He is human just like you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Have fun and relax.  He is human just like you.

Have you ever seen a tour pro hit a golf ball?  They are NOT human.....no way! :no:

@David in FL , sadly your 5.9 HC just became my 12.2.

If I'm lucky!

In David's bag....

I just had a terrible thought.......what if they have us play some kind of BS scramble?!

Talk me off the ledge.  Tell me it couldn't happen!

You'll do fine. Congratulations.

Jon

• Administrator

Though I've thought it was "cool," I've never cared about meeting celebrities.

I've met with Steve Jobs, Tiger Woods, Mandy Moore (had lunch a few times), and a few other famous people, and they're just people. I think they generally like it too, because I'm not drooling on them.

I don't know if you have it in you, but if you do, just try to act like he's a normal guy. You won a prize, you're excited to play Lake Nona and see how a major winner plays up close, but… other than that, it's just five dudes playing golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If it is some scramble format and one (or more) of your shots is legitimately used over Graeme that in itself would be a good memory for me.

A scramble format might be one of the few ways you could legitimately go head to head with a pro and say you came out on top.

I'm not saying wish for a scramble but if it is ... you know make lemonade.

Mike

I just got a call from GolfNow.  I was their top booker in the Orlando area this past year (it helps to book for a small group of nuts just like us) and they asked me if, as a reward, I'd be available to play in a 4-some with Graeme McDowell next Wed at Lake Nona.....one of the two courses that they play the Tavistock Cup at!  :banana: I'm an absolute mess.  I'm not gonna be able to swing a club.......!

Congratulations, I can't think of anyone more deserving of this. If you do a swing video, we can get you in shape for this. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Just remember to not play him for money and you should be fine!

It sounds like a lot of fun, tell us how it goes.

I don't know, let's think about this.....he's what, a +7 or so?  My course hcp there will be 7.  Put him on the tips and I play the 6400 yd member tees.   Match play, I think I take a stroke on 14 holes, throw a $100 bill on the table and make a run at him! :-D

In David's bag....

I don't know, let's think about this.....he's what, a +7 or so?  My course hcp there will be 7.  Put him on the tips and I play the 6400 yd member tees.   Match play, I think I take a stroke on 14 holes, throw a $100 bill on the table and make a run at him!

That's the spirit!! "I don't care about the money. I'm just going to outplay the guy." :-D

• Upvote 1

At least I know where to be on wednesday to meet Gmac! Hey congrats dude. He seems like he would a great guy to play a round with.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
At least I know where to be on wednesday to meet Gmac! Hey congrats dude. He seems like he would a great guy to play a round with.

That's funny. Just show up and introduce yourself as David. Get there before him and you're all set! :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2595 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!