IGNORED

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do I??????

"I'd like to split my hand.  and one more time.  and one more time.  no.....one more time again too.

ok, now - Hit me"

I was bored and just watched about all the seasons that were available - yes.....they are getting worse

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"I'd like to split my hand.  and one more time.  and one more time.  no.....one more time again too.

ok, now - Hit me"

I wasn't talking about splitting, just hitting.  And now this comes to mind ...

ok, now - Hit me"

I was bored and just watched about all the seasons that were available - yes.....they are getting worse

You seem to be a little confused, and instead of GolfingDad continuing to toy with you, I'm going to let you off the hook. Eleven Aces equals 21 (or 11). No splitting, just hitting as he said.

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+11=21, thus eleven aces.

You seem to be a little confused, and instead of GolfingDad continuing to toy with you, I'm going to let you off the hook. Eleven Aces equals 21 (or 11). No splitting, just hitting as he said.

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+11=21, thus eleven aces.

I was thinking 10.  certainly wrong there.  it's 10 PLUS the extra ace

I sit corrected

(totally worth it for the vid)

Bill - 

I'd like to know why Sedena always chokes way down on her clubs ? did she not get fitted or something..?

Anthony Kim did this as well.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Hmm. Just seems to me that you would lose some distance..no?

In theory yes but some people use shorter drivers and still achieve good distance.

Worst season ever as far as talent goes.. and I can't get over how manly Mary is.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Mary's posture could use some work.

Sorry, I can't find good angles. It's pretty clear on the show though.

Constantine

I just recently watched a BB Florida episode--my first of this season, and I rarely watch BB.

I watched the one where they were testing distance control with the horizontal lines on the green and a choice to hit from 70, 90, 110, 130, and 150 yards.  For the elimination challenge they played to the same green from distances of 25, 110, and 300 yards.

My observation:  holy crap most of these girls totally suck.  I get it they don't hit the ball very far, but less than 50% of the shots hit the green from the 90-130 yard range.  Maybe 1/5th of the shots from that distance were pulled 20+ yards left into the hazard.  I know they're under pressure, but these are the shots they're supposed to hit well.  I can understand turning the hands over on a sawed off wedge and hitting it long/left, but they were missing it way short and short/right as well as hitting dead pulls and skulls.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

The remaining girls are not very good golfers or blackjack players.  I don't understand the through process of hitting two shots and acting afterwards if you didn't reach 21 but have no intentions of taking another shot.  If it was me, I'd take another shot at anything less than 19.  If I hit 19 or 20, I'd act like I had hit 21 and walk off since by standing there you're telling your opponent you didn't hit 21.

What I like about reality shows is the social dynamics.  Mary has made it to this point not because of her golf skills but her social skills, she's used a combination of bullying and body guard to manipulate the other girls on the show to do as she wants.  Mary was right about Kylee, she wasn't winning the elimination challenges, her opponents lost them.

Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season goes, at this point Mary is the weakest golfer left imo.

Joe Paradiso

The good thing is the cream of the crop are going to have to start competing against each other soon. This season, there was definitely a line between good players and bad ones and most bad are gone now.

I don't know think I would say they don't have talent. I would argue that there aren't too many people here who could stand in a similar situation where the stakes are that high without their heart beating out of their chest. I'm pretty good at controlling nerves/emotions, and I can guarantee that my knees would be knocking and hands shaking making my worst shots would come out. I played a competition once where they painted a bulls-eye on the green, and it does weird crap to your mind.

- Shane

I would argue that there aren't too many people here who could stand in a similar situation where the stakes are that high without their heart beating out of their chest.

That may be true.  It's also completely irrelevant.  Few of us are trying to make it on a professional golf tour, and none of us is being featured on a television series because of our golf skills.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Worst season ever as far as talent goes..

People have said that about a number of seasons.  I think there have been far worse seasons than this one.

Remember the girl that played barefoot?

People have said that about a number of seasons.  I think there have been far worse seasons than this one.

Remember the girl that played barefoot?

Hmmm....no and I don't think I want to...

My girl Shannon Fish would have pwned souls out there this season. B-)

http://www.symetratour.com/golf/tournaments/symetra/florida-s-natural-charity-classic/full-results.aspx The Symetra Tour earlier this year with the largest purse so far had Shannon and other Big Breakers. Jackie was tied for 2nd. Shannon disappointed (I liked her). She even lost to Emily Talley. Stephanie Kaniyer and Malorie were there. Taylor Collins too (missed cut). Mary missed the cut. I didn't see Sadena.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!