IGNORED

What is one shot you have never been able to hit?

tmac20
Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What type of shot have you never been able to hit?

• A straight one!
    • A cut.
    • A draw.
    • A stinger.
    • A high flying ball.
    • One that is not mentioned here.

My dad (a terrible cook) used to always say "I can cook anything. You might not be able to eat it but I can cook it."

This thread reminded me of that. I can't think of any shot I can't (and don't) hit but I also can't think of any shot that I'm as good at as I would like to be, and don't have anything that even comes close to a "go to shot".

This!  If you give me three or four shots at it on the range, I can pull off at least a decent version of all of these.  On the course...

Maybe I should've said stinger, just cause where I play it's rarely super windy, so I've never had to practice it, and on the rare day where there is heavy wind I mostly just play my normal trajectory, aim left/right to take the wind into account, and accept that my shots will be significantly shorter, and I'll be less sure how for they'll go, when it's in my face.

Also agree with David in FL.  I can hit the low flighted high lofted club shot, but almost never attempt it on the course cause 2/3 times I'll succeed in hitting it low but with an enormous pull.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I started off hitting slices. After a few lessons and tons of practice and a couple years of playing I can hit draws everytime. Now I can't hit fades anymore!!! Lol

- Jered

[CODE][/CODE]I can move the ball around some, but I absolutely can't hit the pro style 2 hop & check chip

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Code:

I can move the ball around some, but I absolutely can't hit the pro style 2 hop & check chip

My pro says he'll teach me how to hit this once I break 80.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Quote:

The downhill lie is a shot that you face almost every round. While I occasionally hit one that I consider successful, this has been the weakest shot in my arsenal. Then I saw inthehole 's post, about the "2 hop & check" and realized that this is the one shot that I have practiced on occasion, but have zero confidence, so I never use it, because that is the one shot I have never been able to hit.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

A low fade with an iron.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I voted "one not listed", because I can't work the ball which means none of the above. I sometimes get the shot I want, but mostly not.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My natural swing produces a fade, but (while it feels very un-natural) I can manufacture a draw at times with most of my clubs when needed. I just can't do it with a driver. It usually turns into a big hook.

Bill M

My natural swing produces a fade, but (while it feels very un-natural) I can manufacture a draw at times with most of my clubs when needed. I just can't do it with a driver. It usually turns into a big hook.

I'm trying to draw all my drives. My percentage of hooks, fades and draws with a driver are about 5% / 35% / 20% / 40% (can't tell, because they are kind of straight, most likely a light fade). I am hoping to make 80% draws and 20% straight this year. I think it's possible to do, I am actively working on getting more optimized timing for my drives.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I said "stinger," though I really mean just any low shot. I've never been particularly good at flighting the ball down.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

For as long as I can remember, a draw has been my natural ball flight. Instead of fighting a slice early in my days, I fought a hook. I've played decent golf with a reliable draw, but need to be able to work the ball the other way at times to get my scores down. It's not that I can NEVER hit a nice fade, but it's a crapshoot whether the attempt will produce a good result, a straight pull, or a slice. Something I am working on (I work on my normal game MUCH more than a cut, but I do dedicate some of my practice time to cut shots in hopes I'll be more consistent when I need it).

Depends on the club. A low fade is a shot that I could Never hit with driver or my 3 wood, I'm able to hit a low fade with 3i on up to PW most of the time. A slight draw in my natural shot with all my clubs. Also when I try to hit a low fade, I lose a ton of distance..

So far I am the only one that can;t hit a high ball.... :cry:

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

On your list it is the high ball, I've always been a low ball player & at this point I'm not trying to change that part of my game.

Not on your list is "I've never he a hole-in-one ball" - still waiting on that to happen, but then again I've only been playing this game for a little over 45 years. I'm always thinking it is going to happen this next round, or season!!!

Players play, tough players win!

The one shot I can truly say I have never been able to hit, with 100% confidence that I am not unknowingly incorrect, is the hole in one. A lot of the other shots I may have hit once, likely on accident without trying, but I've never had a hole in one unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

Lol- I read the whole thread to get to ace. Me too bro.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Straight shot, impossible to hit one. For it to be straight it must not deviated from the straight line. In reality that is impossible.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Stinger for me.  I really can't hit knockdown shots or anything with a low, piercing trajectory.  I naturally hit it very high, which is why I'm even worse in windy conditions than most.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 3716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!