IGNORED

2014 Accenture Match Play Championship

Crim
Note: This thread is 3713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finally caught up. Insane finish, I fully expected Dubuisson to jar his flop shot on the last playoff hole.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What are the odds of Dubuisson converting both of those cactus shots? Is it even calculable?

The probability is clearly non-zero... :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Great win for Jason Day. Seems like a truly good guy. Always been a fan an rooted for him finally glad to see him get another W. Here's hoping he gets a major this year. Also like Duboisson as well. Seemed like a good attitude about the entire tournament.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Amazing golf. Happy for Jason . . . this could give him some huge momentum going into August in a month!

Picked him a few weeks ago with win the Masters in the major picks thread.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Picked him a few weeks ago with win the Masters in the major picks thread.

I placed $10 to win on him in Vegas at the Masters. 15-1 odds when I bet him.

Y'all can anticipate your bets, but remember, he was 3 up on the back and couldn't close the deal in regulation. That's the issue with Jason and a lot of other guys who we think should win ... Mahan, et al ... they can't close the deal. If they closed it once in a while, that's one thing. But you've got to close it... They're in danger of becoming a Furyk. Close it one time ... but when they get close or in the lead, they falter...

You can have a great career and make loads of money, and everyone mentioned does, but we don't put them in the all-time elite.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I believe once he secured a top-8 finish, he also secured status for this season (equivalent earnings of last season's 125th finisher). Or are these sort of qualifiers based on FEC points now instead?

It's an either/or scenario. From the official PGA Tour exempt list: [i]20. Players who finished greater than or equal to top 125 on the 2013 PGA TOUR Official Season FedExCup Points List or top 125 on the 2013 Official Season Money List through the Wyndham Championship as non-members:[/i] Money is an easier threshold, since a player can get there with a couple of good money finishes in major, WGC, or top-tier invitational events. As it stands, Dubuisson has unlimited exemptions for the rest of the season to any tourney that extends an invitation. As we learned from Spieth last year, he won't be eligible for FedEx Cup points in 2014 unless he wins before the playoffs.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

It's an either/or scenario. From the official PGA Tour exempt list: [i]20. Players who finished greater than or equal to top 125 on the 2013 PGA TOUR Official Season FedExCup Points List or top 125 on the 2013 Official Season Money List through the Wyndham Championship as non-members:[/i] Money is an easier threshold, since a player can get there with a couple of good money finishes in major, WGC, or top-tier invitational events. As it stands, Dubuisson has unlimited exemptions for the rest of the season to any tourney that extends an invitation. As we learned from Spieth last year, he won't be eligible for FedEx Cup points in 2014 unless he wins before the playoffs.

Ah, so things have changed, but not as much as I thought they might have. Thanks!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Not a bunker ... desert waste area, so it's okay

Ahh, thanks, I just looked up from doing something else and saw him taking practice swings and brushing the sand with each one. :blink:

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Just watched this again, for the 3rd time :) One of those great sporting moments where, even though you are aware of the result - each time you re watch it, it seems like you're watching it live and the result hangs in the balance. Great to see him break through onto that side of the pond. He has been very impressive on the Euro Tour. He looks all set for his Ryder Cup place. I think there'll be another one or two young Europeans with him on the team, it'll be a "changing of the old guard" somewhat. I can't see Westwood or Donald making it, time to step aside and let Victor, Fleetwood and Manassero earn their stripes.

Just watched this again, for the 3rd time :)

One of those great sporting moments where, even though you are aware of the result - each time you re watch it, it seems like you're watching it live and the result hangs in the balance.

Great to see him break through onto that side of the pond. He has been very impressive on the Euro Tour. He looks all set for his Ryder Cup place.

I think there'll be another one or two young Europeans with him on the team, it'll be a "changing of the old guard" somewhat.

I can't see Westwood or Donald making it, time to step aside and let Victor, Fleetwood and Manassero earn their stripes.

Agree to a point ... I do think Westwood will get it together & make the team.    Luke - anybody know whats wrong with him ????      Is it just a slump or something more ?

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Luke Donald, I know exactly what's wrong with him: I took him on both of my fantasy golf teams.

:-$ hahaha, I share your pain on that some weeks.

To be honest I think Luke Donald will turn it around before Westwood does.

I also wonder what will happen to Poulter and the Ryder Cup team if he continues with this foul play.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Quote:

Originally Posted by Web Junky

Luke Donald, I know exactly what's wrong with him: I took him on both of my fantasy golf teams.

hahaha, I share your pain on that some weeks.

To be honest I think Luke Donald will turn it around before Westwood does.

I also wonder what will happen to Poulter and the Ryder Cup team if he continues with this foul play.

On the brighter side, I have Day and Fowler on one of my teams, and I squeaked out with the weekly money for the Matchplay!

:banana:

Look! Here's Jason Day watching Dubuisson hitting out of the dessert >> :tumble:

Luke - anybody know whats wrong with him ????      Is it just a slump or something more ?

He went into a deep depression after Foley turned him down.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Agree to a point ... I do think Westwood will get it together & make the team.    Luke - anybody know whats wrong with him ????      Is it just a slump or something more ?

He hits his driver short and crooked, still managed to earn 2 million last year, not sure if I'd call that a slump.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Looking at this weeks OWGR update - IMO, it is crazy that the OWGR match play gets full points. The 32 who only played the first round get 1.95 points as T33, those who win one match get 4.19 points T17, win 2 matches get 8.415 points for T9 (and it is a top 10 finish).

I get that the field is "strong" and therefore the points are higher than a regular tour event, but if you win a match or two it isn't like you had to beat 1/2 the field.

Just my thoughts.....carry on!

Players play, tough players win!

• Administrator

Looking at this weeks OWGR update - IMO, it is crazy that the OWGR match play gets full points. The 32 who only played the first round get 1.95 points as T33, those who win one match get 4.19 points T17, win 2 matches get 8.415 points for T9 (and it is a top 10 finish).

I get that the field is "strong" and therefore the points are higher than a regular tour event, but if you win a match or two it isn't like you had to beat 1/2 the field.

Just my thoughts.....carry on!

How would you do it?

To award less points, you'd be saying that they finished significantly lower in a tournament than they "did." Should winning two matches be the equivalent of making the cut in a regular PGA Tour event?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3713 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!