IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Brandel Chamblee picks Tiger to win the open... What. The. He.... 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

11 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

He just wants to jinx him. 😜

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

54 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

He just wants to jinx him. 😜

I thought he was just kissing up so that tiger will talk to him again....

2 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but Brandel changed his opinion on Tiger at least a couple of years ago.  Before that, he not only criticized him about everything, and openly called him a cheater, but he said that he didn't care if Tiger won 25 majors, he still wouldn't be the GOAT.

I don't know if the suits sat him down and told him to get with the program, or if he read some posts here and got educated about 18x < 14y, but for whatever reason, he now seems to think Tiger is the GOAT.  I wish he would write an article on what changed his mind, and when.

But as for this particular prediction, yeah, I think he's just hoping for a fluke.  As with most predictions on any subject, it will be forgotten unless by some miracle it turns out to be right, in which case he will mention it every chance he gets.

2 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I think he is right. He must have seen my prediction somewhere.

1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

I thought he was just kissing up so that tiger will talk to him again....

Woods never forgets a slight. At least the old one. Dunno about current Woods.

Remember him and Jimmy Roberts? I'm not a fan of Woods' cageyness, but that was satisfying seeing him let Roberts have it in one of those post interviews.

Steve

15 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Woods never forgets a slight. At least the old one. Dunno about current Woods.

Remember him and Jimmy Roberts? I'm not a fan of Woods' cageyness, but that was satisfying seeing him let Roberts have it in one of those post interviews.

Teegs doesn't like to f'd with for sure. His glares at reporters are classic. 

Recent commentary regarding The Open and the re-emergence of the "stinger" prompted me to take another at it.  I had not thought of this shot in some time, even though I can recall many instances of my employing a knock down, usually in specific situations i.e. under branches or anywhere where a low ball flight and more run out would be beneficial.

Just for the heck if it, I googled it and found a lot of contradictory explanations from various teaching instructors. Some advocate narrow stance, others a wider stance. Some insist on powerful and fast club head speed while others say to swing smoother and not so fast to avoid spin and ball rise. About the only thing they seem to have in common is an abbreviated follow through. Some want an arms swing, while others say normal body turn but with shortened back swing.

As for me, I will do as I always have, but perhaps doing so with more distance in mind. This will require a bit of practice. Not a new priority, just a tool.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

This is just a question.

Is it just me, or did Tiger actually look like old Tiger today? I know he's had his moments in this latest comeback. But today for the first time, he looks like Old Tiger. I am really pulling for Tiger tomorrow. I don't care what anyone says Brandel, Johnny Miller, Nobilo whomever. If he plays the way he did today... he will be right there, hanging up a number for the final two groups to look at. 

With the forecasted wind (sounds like it'll be from a similar direction) If Tiger shoots anything around what he shot today, he may pull a first for him, win a major from behind. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

With the forecasted wind (sounds like it'll be from a similar direction) If Tiger shoots anything around what he shot today, he may pull a first for him, win a major from behind. 

Tiger's won multiple majors from behind. :-)

I don't think Tiger has much of a chance tomorrow. But I'm wrong pretty often, so… that's worth what you paid for it. Nada.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't think Tiger has much of a chance tomorrow. But I'm wrong pretty often, so… that's worth what you paid for it. Nada.

Do you think he finishes high enough to qualify for Firestone?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

I think if he gets to about -9 to -10 under he'll probably finish in the top 5. Not sure how that projects to the world rankings for him. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think if he gets to about -9 to -10 under he'll probably finish in the top 5. Not sure how that projects to the world rankings for him. 

-10 might win... I didn't say it would win... I said it might. 66 tomorrow would give him a helluva a chance. Don't think it'll be enough. But 10 could at least sniff a playoff. 

I don't think the all 5 guys in front of Tiger are going to tear it up... (all won't shoot 65 or lower). Though Molinari might. Tiger in my opinion has to cut his deficit in half by the time Spieth and Xander get through the 6th. Meaning he has to make up two thru the sixth because 7 thru 14 are gettable. Then the tough closing stretch. 

If Tiger gets a solo lead... he'll probably win.

I got Spieth winning at -11 but Tiger will be in it all day long.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• Administrator
7 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

-10 might win... I didn't say it would win... I said it might. 66 tomorrow would give him a helluva a chance. Don't think it'll be enough. But 10 could at least sniff a playoff. 

I think 10 could win it. It's very windy.

There are still almost three hours until the leaders tee off, but the flags are starched right now.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, iacas said:

He's never won a major without at least a share of the 54 hole lead, which I think is what @onthehunt526 meant about being behind.

So in other words... he's due 😉

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, billchao said:

He's never won a major without at least a share of the 54 hole lead, which I think is what @onthehunt526 meant about being behind.

Yeah, I know. I'm just pointing out a little bit that the "never from behind" is only from the almost arbitrary "after exactly 54 holes" thing. He was behind after 53 and 55 holes in his last major win.