IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Administrator
3 hours ago, dennyjones said:

The tour will only get what the market can bear.   When advertisers realize they aren't getting their monies worth in revenue, they advertise elsewhere.   Tiger, right now is a big draw every time he plays.   Advertisers realize this and will spend the bigger buck to get publicity.  Unless another personality steps up that has the draw of Tiger, I personally, don't see the prizes going up.   I believe when Tiger does retire, the purse strings will tighten.  

Think about the events Tiger has consistently not played. Are their purses significantly lower than the events Tiger usually plays?

I don't think so.

The RBC, which Tiger has never (?) played, awards $1.2M to the winner. This week the Valero awards $1.1M. The Farmers Insurance is $1.27, same as Waste Management (he's played there very rarely).

Hell, the Mayakoba Golf Classic paid Kuchar $1.296M. DeChambeau won $1.26 for winning the Shriners.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Think about the events Tiger has consistently not played. Are their purses significantly lower than the events Tiger usually plays?

I don't think so.

The RBC, which Tiger has never (?) played, awards $1.2M to the winner. This week the Valero awards $1.1M. The Farmers Insurance is $1.27, same as Waste Management (he's played there very rarely).

Hell, the Mayakoba Golf Classic paid Kuchar $1.296M. DeChambeau won $1.26 for winning the Shriners.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the purses. It's great there is so much money available right now in the smaller tournaments but if Tiger would have never happened I don't believe they would be as big as they are right now.   After he retires, I don't see the purses continue to grow.   I still believe because of Tiger, all of the purses are higher.  Will they shrink when he leaves?  Who knows but again, I don't see them growing unless we see another superstar of his caliber.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

WoodsFeatured-847-Tursky.jpg

AUSTIN, Texas -- On Monday during the 2019 WGC-Dell Match Play, TaylorMade unveiled it’s new, double-decker TOUR Truck that has taken about a year to design and build, according to the company. It has a...

• Thumbs Up 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

7 hours ago, Zeph said:
WoodsFeatured-847-Tursky.jpg

AUSTIN, Texas -- On Monday during the 2019 WGC-Dell Match Play, TaylorMade unveiled it’s new, double-decker TOUR Truck that has taken about a year to design and build, according to the...

Thanks for posting.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

AgEXQXNNbnU4a2Z3U1FtS1BRNGd3WUxCNlEAMA

Tiger Woods fans are already handing Tiger the green jacket, but The Economist is ready to throw cold water...

Interesting graph of player’s win chances in the article.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Tiger Woods fans are already handing Tiger the green jacket,

No they're not. WTF? (This isn't @Vinsk's wording, it's from the article he linked to.)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

No they're not. WTF? (This isn't @Vinsk's wording, it's from the article he linked to.)

Yeah that irked me. Where do they get that nonsense? Nobody hands anybody the green jacket. Even in Tiger's prime The Masters is just a tournament nobody would say that about anybody.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

According to reddit post, Woods practicing long hours.

EBC5aZ4l.jpg

• Like 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Maybe a little of this this weekend. Do I ever get tired of watching this? No.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

21 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

never get tired of seeing great shots like that.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Bumps de goose.

Colin P.

2 hours ago, colin007 said:

I need to be right handed.😖

• Like 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Apparently, he shot a 65 yesterday with a 3 putt on the first hole.

I think that was last week. Pretty sure he played nine holes yesterday and I know he didn’t truly “play” by holing out etc.

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

I think that was last week. Pretty sure he played nine holes yesterday and I know he didn’t truly “play” by holing out etc.

You're correct, I misread. Apparently it was last Wednesday

Colin P.

Lol

Steve