IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

I wonder if he was walking more delicately with the metal spikes on pavement for stability to not slip. Back in the day when I played soccer I wore metal tipped screw in studs that might as well been roller skates off the grass. I ate shit several times hurrying from locker room to field with this style of shoe.

Maybe I’m just being optimistic. 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I wonder if he was walking more delicately with the metal spikes on pavement for stability to not slip. Back in the day when I played soccer I wore metal tipped screw in studs that might as well been roller skates off the grass. I ate shit several times hurrying from locker room to field with this style of shoe.

Maybe I’m just being optimistic. 

He’s doing great. Let’s not even start with that s***. Lol. He’s getting stronger and stronger. Go Tiger! And that’s that.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I wonder if he was walking more delicately with the metal spikes on pavement for stability to not slip.

True. Could be.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am hoping it is just him being careful walking, and not it hurting that much. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

12 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Wasn’t he wearing metal spikes in the second one? It sounded like that. The first was was a really steep hill.

Looked like steps to me, so the being careful not to faceplant while walking on pavement theory could still hold up.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

This walk looks better.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger’s body hasn’t been quite right for a long time, but that doesn’t mean he can’t play golf. We’ll see come Friday.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This is a decent angle and slow motion. Looks like the stinger?

Remember when so many people would say I wish he would swing slower? He's swinging too hard.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Remember when so many people would say I wish he would swing slower? He's swinging too hard.

Looks like 90% swing speed there. If he isn't recoiling the club to keep it from hitting his back then it isn't max speed. 

This is a decent angle and slow motion. Looks like the stinger?

He twirled the club a bit, so he didn't hate it. Looked to be a stinger layup. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 3 weeks later...

No US Open this year.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2022%2F0520%2Fr1015476_

In skipping next week's U.S. Open, Tiger Woods said he hopes to give his body more time to heal in order to play The Open in July.

Steve

• Administrator

No US Open this year.

In skipping next week's U.S. Open, Tiger Woods said he hopes to give his body more time to heal in order to play The Open in July.

Good to hear.

I have high hopes (not a win or anything, probably not even contending) for him at St. Andrews.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Oh great. So I’m going to my first US Open and he skips it! I’m sending him a text with the angry face emoji.😡

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Oh great. So I’m going to my first US Open and he skips it! I’m sending him a text with the angry face emoji.😡

I think his number is 1-888-PHILSUX.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 4

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

No US Open this year.

I'm OK with this. Means the TV broadcast won't be wall-to-wall coverage of a guy who probably won't finish in the top 25, or even make the cut for that matter.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

• Administrator
2 hours ago, DoubleAce said:

I'm OK with this. Means the TV broadcast won't be wall-to-wall coverage of a guy who probably won't finish in the top 25, or even make the cut for that matter.

The coverage hasn't been "wall to wall" of Tiger for quite some time, and he's made the cut (beating a lot of younger, more able-bodied professionals in the process) in the last two majors. And, oh, just won one about three years ago.

😛

But we see you, and your attempts at trying to make your Tiger hate look "cool." 😛

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The coverage hasn't been "wall to wall" of Tiger for quite some time, and he's made the cut (beating a lot of younger, more able-bodied professionals in the process) in the last two majors. And, oh, just won one about three years ago.

😛

But we see you, and your attempts at trying to make your Tiger hate look "cool." 😛

All I have to do is post something, regardless of substance, and here you come like a moth to a flame. 

Am I not entitled to an opinion on the man? He used to be a hero in my book. Especially growing up. Had the Tiger head cover, the red shirts, even gave the dude a high five at Firestone.

But he eventually showed himself as a complete dirtbag. And I'm very much a content of character type guy. So he's an absolute zero to me these days. 

And LOL at the majors not being wall to wall tiger coverage. Even the online featured groups are guaranteed to cover him Thursday and Friday. And if he makes the cut, extend that coverage through the weekend. You can live in your world. I'll live in reality. 

Yes, he strung together four good rounds in 2019. Played better than I could for sure. But that's also the only major he's won in the past 14 years. So trying to make it out like he's still a headline contender is laughable.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9° - Fujikura Ventus Blue / Rombax
Callaway X-Hot Pro 15° - Project X 6.0
Snake Eyes 600B 3-PW - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes 685BX Fluid Forged 52°, 56°, 60° - Dynamic Gold s300
Snake Eyes MSC1 / Golfsmith NCC - 1701
Maxfli Tour X

16 hours ago, iacas said:

Good to hear.

I have high hopes (not a win or anything, probably not even contending) for him at St. Andrews.

If there’s one course that’s a good fit it’s the Old Course. Tiger plays well there and it’s flat. If the course is dry and hard he might be worth an each way bet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Stevie T

• Administrator
8 hours ago, DoubleAce said:

All I have to do is post something, regardless of substance, and here you come like a moth to a flame. 

If you stop posting stupid shit, I won't have to point out your stupid shit. 🙂

Also, I post a lot everywhere here, and you post comparatively little. So, there's a good chance I'm going to respond to something you've written, but there's also a good chance I've responded to a bunch of things you haven't written, too. That's how that works. But you only see it from your perspective.

Am I not entitled to an opinion on the man?

Same question. You're the one who seems to take the opinions of someone else personally.

But he eventually showed himself as a complete dirtbag. And I'm very much a content of character type guy. So he's an absolute zero to me these days.

Cool. That doesn't change any facts:

• He's won a major as recently as 2019.
  • His story is fascinating to many. You're seemingly in the minority.
  • He's made the last two cuts in majors this year.
  • He's not shown with wall-to-wall coverage, despite you saying so.

You're entitled to your own opinions. Not your own facts.

And LOL at the majors not being wall to wall tiger coverage. Even the online featured groups are guaranteed to cover him Thursday and Friday.

He's who most people want to see. Plus he was playing with Rory and Jordan at the PGA. I mean, duh. And covering him in "featured groups" doesn't make for wall-to-wall coverage. He wasn't covered much on Saturday at the PGA, or Sunday at the Masters on the regular coverage. I know because I thought I'd have liked to see more shots than I was shown.

Yes, he strung together four good rounds in 2019. Played better than I could for sure. But that's also the only major he's won in the past 14 years. So trying to make it out like he's still a headline contender is laughable.

Uhm… You say this right after your line about living in reality?

I didn't say he was a contender to WIN (you're the one who made the "miss the cut" comment, which he hasn't done), and he did something plenty of good players haven't done since 2019 (or earlier): win a major.

Also, he still makes plenty of headlines.

38 minutes ago, Beastie said:

If there’s one course that’s a good fit it’s the Old Course. Tiger plays well there and it’s flat. If the course is dry and hard he might be worth an each way bet. 

Plus he can use the various different types of shots to get around the course; his creativity and shotmaking will be a bonus there.

13 hours ago, DoubleAce said:

And to be clear, you could have easily said something like:

"I'm OK with this. Despite starting out as a big Tiger fan, I've not cared for the person he's shown himself to be with his DUIs and accidents and the sex scandal, etc. Glad I won't have to watch him this week."

That sticks to opinion and actual valid facts.

My original response only pointed out the facts you got wrong, it didn't take issue with your opinion. Just like your statement about how I'm drawn to you like a moth to a flame. No, I'm drawn to responding to what I perceive as stupid shit, and maybe you could deduce that you must post a lot of it…?

• Thumbs Up 1