IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

If Tiger wins the Tour Championship but not the FedEx Cup, oh man. Whoever wins the FedEx Cup will be completely overshadowed. That's probably a nightmare scenario for the PGA Tour (at least regarding the FedEx cup; they won't complain about the publicity it would generate). Not only does their year-long champion not get the recognition, but you have a bunch of casual fans wondering why Tiger winning the Tour Championship isn't enough to win the FedEx. 

It would be cool to see, though!

Edited by DeadMan
  • Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 hours ago, DeadMan said:

If Tiger wins the Tour Championship but not the FedEx Cup, oh man. W..........but you have a bunch of casual fans wondering why Tiger winning the Tour Championship isn't enough to win the FedEx. 

It would be cool to see, though!

Then you'd have a bunch of casual idiots that don't understand the difference between a single tournament and a season long award.

Agree that the Cup winner would be overshadowed though.  And Tiger getting any win would be cool to see.

Bill - 

Im hearing rumblings again in 19th holes about Tiger using banned substances. HGH, steroids, etc. Seems to be the only reason some can come up with for his play this season. Anyone think there any truth to rumors? Truth be told, what he has done to recover medically is quite remarkable for a 40 something year old.

But IMO, i  think where alot of that is coming from are from folks that unconditionally hate Tiger to begin with looking for a reason to discredit this relative resurgence he is having this year. I have a friend who practically goes into full rage whenever he just makes a birdie, let alone do well or win a tournament. Considering as long as tiger as been around and with alot of others from his generation of sports stars getting hit, something real would have stuck to him by now i would think. 

Edited by Groucho Valentine

6 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Im hearing rumblings again in 19th holes about Tiger using banned substances. HGH, steroids, etc. Seems to be the only reason some can come up with for his play this season. Anyone think there any truth to rumors? Truth be told, what he has done to recover medically is quite remarkable for a 40 something year old.

But IMO, i  think where alot of that is coming from are from folks that unconditionally hate Tiger to begin with looking for a reason to discredit this relative resurgence he is having this year. I have a friend who practically goes into full rage whenever he just makes a birdie, let alone do well or win a tournament. Considering as long as tiger as been around and with alot of others from his generation of sports stars getting hit, something real would have stuck to him by now i would think. 

No.

Colin P.

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

No.

But no one seems to rumor Brooks Biceps takes PEDs, just TW.  Pathetic. 

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

But no one seems to rumor Brooks Biceps takes PEDs, just TW.  Pathetic. 

Somebody should. Brooks jacked AF. He should just give up golf and go into long driving competitions. Thats where the hunnys gather. 😎

10 hours ago, colin007 said:

No.

I dont think so, either. There just isn't a shred of evidence to show tiger has ever used illegal PED's. But to play devils advocate, three back surgeries, a broken swing and a fusion procedure and he comes back to play an entire season like nothing ever happened? Hitting the ball as far as he ever has? Thats pretty remarkable for a 40 year old. Enough to at least raise eyebrows in the conspiracy minded. 

22 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Somebody should. Brooks jacked AF. He should just give up golf and go into long driving competitions. Thats where the hunnys gather. 😎

I dont think so, either. There just isn't a shred of evidence to show tiger has ever used illegal PED's. But to play devils advocate, three back surgeries, a broken swing and a fusion procedure and he comes back to play an entire season like nothing ever happened? Hitting the ball as far as he ever has? Thats pretty remarkable for a 40 year old. Enough to at least raise eyebrows in the conspiracy minded. 

Before PEDs were ever invented, athletes got big muscles. Why is it so hard to believe that they can do it now?

As for TW, I'm sure he's had some of the best legit doctors. Backs aren't biceps. Roids don't fix disks.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Before PEDs were ever invented, athletes got big muscles. Why is it so hard to believe that they can do it now?

As for TW, I'm sure he's had some of the best legit doctors. Backs aren't biceps. Roids don't fix disks.

They (steroids/HGH) wouldn't fix the disc but they would probably speed up his PT/rehab of the area a lot.

Edited by JxQx

6 minutes ago, JxQx said:

They wouldn't fix the disc but they would probably speed up his PT/rehab of the area a lot.

Yes - you are exactly right.

But, come on. There is no evidence of this... Just reckless speculation in my opinion.

- Steve

Driver: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917D2 (9.5*), 3/4 Wood: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917F2 (16*),
Hybridstaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Rescue Mid (19*) & :wilsonstaff: D100 (22*), 5i-PW, GWcobra.png.f5a0c3806c04153a74a3b11aaf4308b0.png F7 One Length
Wedges:wilsonstaff: PMP (54* & 58*), Puttertaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Spider Mini

1 minute ago, SPJr said:

Yes - you are exactly right.

But, come on. There is no evidence of this... Just reckless speculation in my opinion.

For sure, I don't think he did use any. I was putting it out there that steroids/hgh are recover drugs that are very effective, I mean that is why people use them lol.

6 minutes ago, JxQx said:

For sure, I don't think he did use any. I was putting it out there that steroids/hgh are recover drugs that are very effective, I mean that is why people use them lol.

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to come off as if I was lecturing you. The first response was meant towards you, and I agreed.

The second response was meant towards the others who are indulging this topic, which is reckless and silly IMO.

Edited by SPJr

- Steve

Driver: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917D2 (9.5*), 3/4 Wood: titleist.png.44b235e3fc0459caf96200c226b82945.png 917F2 (16*),
Hybridstaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Rescue Mid (19*) & :wilsonstaff: D100 (22*), 5i-PW, GWcobra.png.f5a0c3806c04153a74a3b11aaf4308b0.png F7 One Length
Wedges:wilsonstaff: PMP (54* & 58*), Puttertaylormade.png.b56433b17b721d4da3cda2f79f9e73a7.png Spider Mini

2 minutes ago, SPJr said:

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to come off as if I was lecturing you. The first response was meant towards you.

The second response was meant towards the others who are indulging this topic.

I knew you weren't, no worries man. It's not surprising people talk about it tbh, people do love them some conspiracy theories lol.

2 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

So, just to play devil's advocate you continue to promote anonymous charges for which there is not a scintilla of evidence.  Saying 'I don't think so' while raising this nonsense does not exonerate you from engaging in a disgusting smear.

• Like 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

So, just to play devil's advocate you continue to promote anonymous charges for which there is not a scintilla of evidence.  Saying 'I don't think so' while raising this nonsense does not exonerate you from engaging in a disgusting smear.

Exonerate? WTF are you talking about? Youre not playing devils advocate, you're just personally offended over something i posted. On a message board. For discussion. 

But i do  have evidence Hilary Clinton runs a child sex ring on mars. Dont dispute me. 

4 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Any evidence showing that steroids fixes disc issues? 

No, I think Tiger is extremely lucky to be able to play again. He’s found a new swing that lets him do so, at a productive level. Tiger has been really candid about how lucky he feels to be able to do this. His procedure was for after golf quality of life. 

Really it’s getting old that people still try to link him to PED with no shred of credible evidence. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Exonerate? WTF are you talking about?

He was pretty clear.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

He was pretty clear.

Ill have to get the best e-lawyers i can find, then. I have no doubt ill exonerate myself. 

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Any evidence showing that steroids fixes disc issues? 

No, I think Tiger is extremely lucky to be able to play again. He’s found a new swing that lets him do so, at a productive level. Tiger has been really candid about how lucky he feels to be able to do this. His procedure was for after golf quality of life. 

Really it’s getting old that people still try to link him to PED with no shred of credible evidence. 

I dont know. But theres a syntheic drug out there for everything. HGH has been used by athletes in the past to speed tissue recovery. Tiger and PED rumors are always going to be around as a method to discredit him. He has offended alot of people by just being alive. 

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I dont know. But theres a syntheic drug out there for everything. HGH has been used by athletes in the past to speed tissue recovery. Tiger and PED rumors are always going to be around as a method to discredit him. He has offended alot of people by just being alive. 

@turtleback's point was that there was no reason to bring this up.

You basically did this: "I heard your fifteenth youngest* sister was a total slut. I don't believe it, but there are rumors…"

I posted extensively on the Tiger/PEDs thing after the biography came out. There was essentially nothing in there about it. It's a non-starter topic.

* I chose "fifteenth youngest" because, I'm fairly certain, you don't have fifteen sisters, so this way I could make my point without anyone thinking I'm actually talking about any of your family members.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets