IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, atb5079 said:

Ok and he was 62nd in 2012 and 78th in 2007. He knows his driver is awful and has a great ability to hit that low stinger at The Open. Hell that was lots of what he was doing at CB last year.

Both 62 and 78 are top half, no? So "lower ball flight?"

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Both 62 and 78 are top half, no? So "lower ball flight?"

I guess but look at the difference even in 2013 when he was 22nd from his apex to the #1 ranked Day. Tiger was closer to the #100 ranked guys. And again, hitting that long iron piercing low as he can do pretty well, he knows that is the only way he can survive at The Open. He knows how bad his driver is. And again, my point was, I think he is done, but The Open IMO is his only shot for the aforementioned reasons.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

• 3 weeks later...

His agent confirmed he is done for 2016:

Now, though, it seems for sure that Woods will miss the rest of the 2015-16 season. Golf Channel corresponded with Steinberg, who emailed this response:

“(Tiger’s) continuing to make progress, but simply not ready for PGA. Will not play in the ’15/’16 season and will continue to rehab and work hard to then assess when he starts play for the ’16/’17 season.”

http://golfweek.com/2016/07/19/tiger-woods-will-miss-2016-pga-championship-at-baltusrol/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Never expected him to play.

I'm honestly at the point that I'll be surprised if he ever tees it up again.

I hope I'm wrong.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

5 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I hope I'm wrong.

I was thinking the same thing. That 2017 doesn't look too good either. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

5 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I hope I'm wrong.

Agree. I could see him calling it a career, which would definitely be sad. But like you, I hope I'm wrong.

I also believe he's done from a competitive standpoint, although I do think he'll tee it up again.  I would bet that he reinjures himself before he wins again.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

This has nothing to with his golf abilities and everything to do with his health, not sure why this notion of him being a has-been keeps coming up, he busted up his back trying to become a SEAL plain and simple, he didn't lose his game.

I'd be very surprised if we never see him again. I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see him again this year.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Lol

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just posting this op-ed, not my opinion.

Equipment failure exposes Nike’s absurd Tiger Woods lie [New York Post]

http://nypost.com/2016/08/08/equipment-failure-exposes-nikes-absurd-tiger-woods-lie/

Steve

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Just posting this op-ed, not my opinion.

Equipment failure exposes Nike’s absurd Tiger Woods lie [New York Post]

http://nypost.com/2016/08/08/equipment-failure-exposes-nikes-absurd-tiger-woods-lie/

I have no idea if it's true, but if it is, it was a great business decision on the part of IMG and Nike.  

Joe Paradiso

On this plus side, the Nike thing neatly bookmarks his career. With any luck, he'll keep wearing swoosh hats and clothes and switch back to Titleist clubs and golf balls.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On August 8, 2016 at 0:29 PM, jamo said:

On this plus side, the Nike thing neatly bookmarks his career. With any luck, he'll keep wearing swoosh hats and clothes and switch back to Titleist clubs and golf balls.

Some might say that he never switched at all ;)

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

On 8/8/2016 at 0:29 PM, jamo said:

I'm not sure Titleist would want that, as they are heading towards an IPO with Footjoy and I doubt they'd want him wearing Nike clothes, hat and shoes.  Also unless he comes cheap a potentially washed up Tiger may not be the person you want representing your equipment. 

Joe Paradiso