IGNORED

Bubba Watson....Fan or not a fan?

inthehole
Note:Β This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

10 members have voted

1. 1. Bubba - fan or not ??

• Yes
    • No

Sorry guys. I'm an idiot.

This is the link to the WSJ article about other pros who claimed to have no lessons: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748703730804576321120772595378

I was reading both at the time and copied and pasted the wrong one :doh:

What's interesting about Jim Herman (mentioned in the article) is he's kind of a local legend around where I'm from. He was the head instructor at Trump National in Colts Neck, NJ (where Mario Bevalaqua also used to teach) and Trump invested in Herman's golf career by paying his expenses on the mini-tours.

I didn't know he was a natural too, but I would often hear stories about how incredible he was from random people in the area.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

well, my suspscion when starting this thread has been realized.Β Β Β Β Β  I was certain Bubba is a polarizing fellow.Β Β Β Β Β  I am a bit surprised on how lopsided the poll was though - more Bubba love than I thought there would be ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I Am DEFINITELY A BIG FAN Of Bubba Watson!! Not Only Is He An Immensely Talented Golfer, But He Is Not Afraid To Proclaim To The World How Blessed By God He Is, In ALL PARTS Of His Life, Not Just Golf!!

In A Time Where It Has Become Almost "Politically Incorrect" To Make Known Your Allegiance To Christianity, I Find It Refreshing To Find A Professional Athlete Who Is PROUD To Make His Devotion And Thanks KNOWN TO ALL!!

Does This Make Him A "Thumper", As Some Have Said?? I Don't Think So . It Simply Means That He Has A Solid Upbringing, Along With A Strong Faith, And He Isn't Afraid To Let The World Know It!!

You Don't Have To Agree With His Style, But At Least Give Him Credit For Being Proud Of Who He Is, And From Whence He Came!! A Lot Of Folks Didn't Agree With Payne Stewart's Style Either, But You Had To Give Him Credit For Having A Style Of His Own!!

GO BUBBA!!

Why am I not surprised by the odd and random capitalization. Β I find "faith" to be a character flaw. Β If you know something to be true you have no use for faith. Β Bubba is a good golfer but I was cheering hardcore for Jordan Spieth.

Why am I not surprised by the odd and random capitalization. Β I find "faith" to be a character flaw. Β If you know something to be true you have no use for faith. Β Bubba is a good golfer but I was cheering hardcore for Jordan Spieth.

So you have no "trust" then correct? The foundation of all faith is trust. A trust in a belief in something that has yet to be proven or disproven. Faith in God might be a blind trust, but to discount faith in of it self is not a wise choice. So much of what makes life good is entrenched in faith. The whole interaction and building of relationships is built on faith.

Ok don't continue this discussion here, majorly off topic. I wont respond past this response on this subject.Β MY BAD!! :doh::offtopic:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

So you have no "trust" then correct? The foundation of all faith is trust. A trust in a belief in something that has yet to be proven or disproven. Faith in God might be a blind trust, but to discount faith in of it self is not a wise choice. So much of what makes life good is entrenched in faith. The whole interaction and building of relationships is built on faith.

[SPOILER=OT follow-up] I disagree. I trust my friends because they've shown to me that they can be trustworthy. They've proven it to me, it's not blind. I trust them because I have evidence that they've trustworthy. You can have as much religious faith as you want, you still can't prove any of it. (BTW, I mean the generic "you," not seavel25 specifically. I don't expect you to prove religion. :-D)[/SPOILER]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

keeping on topic: Bubba is Bubba. You are you. I am me. Character "flaws" as previously stated, are inherently individual,and should remain that way. Do I like Bubba? yes. Do I like his attitude ? irellevant. I was drawn to Golf by the image of the game, not the players involved. It has been and always will be about the GAME, not the players.,as the players are NOT the game. Time for all golfers to focus on the game and how we can grow it, instead of spouting why we love/hate a certain player or players. As for Religion,God owns the Earth, including every course under the Sun, and should never be eliminated from them. He gives the ability..He gives the finances to pursue.. He provides the scenery...He provides the weather(altho not exclusively)...He also provides the health to pursue. Courses are not church buildings with pews,however, that doesn't mean players can't acknowledge the previous facts stated ON the course. the 1st Ammend. gives anyone that right. As for how Bubba talks to his caddie, that's between him and his caddie,noone else. Bubba is NOT perfect, nor can he walk on water.Remember that and this: "Judge NOT lest Ye be Judged". that's clear enough for me.

keeping on topic: Bubba is Bubba. You are you. I am me. Character "flaws" as previously stated, are inherently individual,and should remain that way. Do I like Bubba? yes. Do I like his attitude ? irellevant. I was drawn to Golf by the image of the game, not the players involved. It has been and always will be about the GAME, not the players.,as the players are NOT the game. Time for all golfers to focus on the game and how we can grow it, instead of spouting why we love/hate a certain player or players. As for Religion,God owns the Earth, including every course under the Sun, and should never be eliminated from them. He gives the ability..He gives the finances to pursue.. He provides the scenery...He provides the weather(altho not exclusively)...He also provides the health to pursue. Courses are not church buildings with pews,however, that doesn't mean players can't acknowledge the previous facts stated ON the course. the 1st Ammend. gives anyone that right. As for how Bubba talks to his caddie, that's between him and his caddie,noone else. Bubba is NOT perfect, nor can he walk on water.Remember that and this: "Judge NOT lest Ye be Judged". that's clear enough for me.

No one is perfect.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

well in an interview he mentioned he cries. So I forgave him and became a fan. I have a hard time dealing with sports and emotional discharge. But he admitted it and that made me feel better about him. i'd probably cry too if I had that payday...Go Bubba!

People have the right to dislike Bubba because of how he continually gives praise and glory to God.Β  That's the purpose of the pole - (Are you a fan or not?).Β  You can't tell someone they are wrong for disliking Bubba for what ever reason - It asked for your opinion and you are entitled to .Β  If you like Bubba because of his faith, would it change your mind if he said "Glory be to Allah"?... Would it change your perception if he promoted his belief in a different religion or Muslim?Β  It shouldn't be hard no matter what side of the fence you are on to understand how some people could get tired of religion being pushed in their face...

That said, I'm a huge Bubba fan!Β  I like the way he plays and he can give all glory to God or whoever...

JP

In the bag:Β  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!Β  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Yet, I am a Bubba fan and I can't stand the whole give praise to God stuff. I am not an atheist, just always found it off putting.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:

God owns the Earth, including every course under the Sun, and should never be eliminated from them. He gives the ability..He gives the finances to pursue.. He provides the scenery...He provides the weather(altho not exclusively)...He also provides the health to pursue. Courses are not church buildings with pews,however, that doesn't mean players can't acknowledge the previous facts stated ON the course. the 1st Ammend. gives anyone that right.

Sorry, but these are not facts. They are the absolute opposite of facts.

Faith in this context is a willingness to believe in something in the absence of reason or logic. There is nothing in the history of humankind to support the existence of a deity. Were there, it would be a fact and there would be no controversy.

As another poster mentioned - what will the response be when a muslim golfer wins and gives praise to Allah?Β Will they be praised for professing their faith in public? I'd love to find out.

Also, as has been stated a million times, people who believe in something which has no basis in reality or logic do not get to ask others to disprove it. Logic and basic intelligence do this.

Can I prove that there is not a cave with a bearded man withΒ magical powers in it a mile under my house? No. But I think it's highly unlikely :-)

Oscar Pistorius is a devout Christian. Consider that when assuming that a person with faith is a "good" person.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

Was a hater once...became a fan after I realized that Bubba is a flawed human being and I forgave him for that !

What's in my bag

Cobra Speed LD-F 10.5* Driver

Callaway XHot 15* 3-wood

Tour Edge Bazooka 5-wood

Tour Edge Bazooka 7-wood

Wilson Staff Ci9 Irons 4-GW

Mizuno T-Zoid Sand Wedge 56*

Odyssey White Hot #2

Sorry, but these are not facts. They are the absolute opposite of facts.

Faith in this context is a willingness to believe in something in the absence of reason or logic. There is nothing in the history of humankind to support the existence of a deity. Were there, it would be a fact and there would be no controversy.

As another poster mentioned - what will the response be when a muslim golfer wins and gives praise to Allah?Β Will they be praised for professing their faith in public? I'd love to find out.

Also, as has been stated a million times, people who believe in something which has no basis in reality or logic do not get to ask others to disprove it. Logic and basic intelligence do this.

Can I prove that there is not a cave with a bearded man withΒ magical powers in it a mile under my house? No. But I think it's highly unlikely :-)

Oscar Pistorius is a devout Christian. Consider that when assuming that a person with faith is a "good" person.

you have a right to your belief, that does NOT make it correct. When you PROVE that mankind was made from the "Big Bang", then you'll have my attention. AFAIC, that theory takes more "faith" than what I've stated.!

talk about oxymoron??

Not really.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

you have a right to your belief, that does NOT make it correct. When you PROVE that mankind was made from the "Big Bang", then you'll have my attention. AFAIC, that theory takes more "faith" than what I've stated.!

:offtopic: Please focus on the topic.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I find it incredible that in 2014 there are people who can totally ignore overwhelming proof of something and cling to a nonsensical "belief" that was held by people a one and a halfΒ thousand years before a lot of people stopped believing that the earth was flat.

This is why a lot of people find the likes of you and Bubba hard to cope with. It's why some will admire his golf game but are "not a fan".

No point discussing anything further with you. The onus is on you to prove what you believe. Should be easy to do. :whistle:

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

Note:Β This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!