IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

I finally learned how to cook shark in the grill. The internet said undercook it. Thats crApola. Cook it until its hard, then just past hard it falls apart to something like cooked crabmeat.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

• 4 weeks later...

Sort of a Chinese ziti, with pork and cucumbers in a regional sauce. Similar to Szechuan but a little different.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I finally learned how to cook shark in the grill. The internet said undercook it. Thats crApola. Cook it until its hard, then just past hard it falls apart to something like cooked crabmeat.

Tuna, Shark, Salmon, I like it on the Medium Rare side if not just rare. Love sashimi and sushi :-D

The other night I roasted some Anaheim and Poblano peppers and used them as a bed for some sauted shrimp that had garlic, onion and serrano & jalapeno chili topped with some guacamole, lemon & lime zest and green onion. Very tasty.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I usually order the hottest option. Woohoo, I'm a 2%ter! How hot can you go?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

"We recommend only requesting this level for a dish when you had it before"....????? :) :P

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Duck Confit with parisien potatoes fried in, yep, duck fat and fried snap peas with Parmesan. Sweet, greasy heaven.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I usually order the hottest option. Woohoo, I'm a 2%ter! How hot can you go?

I would try the top level just to see how hot it is.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

But they don't recommend having the top level until...you've had the top level...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Most U.S. people seem to dislike spice.

The Thai place nearby has three levels of spice for their pad thai:

1. American Hot
  2. Mexican Hot
  3. Thai Hot

The Thai Hot is good, but VERY VERY spicy. Most people get American Hot, which is, as you would expect, basically not hot at all. :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

Most U.S. people seem to dislike spice.

The Thai place nearby has three levels of spice for their pad thai:

American Hot

Mexican Hot

Thai Hot

The Thai Hot is good, but VERY VERY spicy. Most people get American Hot, which is, as you would expect, basically not hot at all. :D

I'm a 2.5 I guess.  Thai hot can be unbearable.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I can eat the those chile red peppers, straight up, no problem, but I have friends and family who make me look like a wimp. The UK has the blandest Chinese food. Ever. Like eating paper. Sorry UK. Great Indian food though.

Steve

Last year my wife and I went on our honeymoon to the Maldive Islands. (bounty island idea in the middle of the Indian Ocean). We had some nice food there as well:

Whole Dorade

Fan fried pigeon's breast:

Fisherman's platter

We love to cook ourselves as well, will share some pictures from that later on.

~Jorrit

Quote:

Originally Posted by saevel25

But they don't recommend having the top level until...you've had the top level...

@Ernest Jones the only ones who realize...... you can NEVER have the top level......???

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

@Ernest Jones , are you and I the only ones who realize...... you can NEVER have the top level......???

lol. Yep, it appears so.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I once asked them to make it go to the emergency room hot. I got what I asked for, had to ride home in the back of the truck after demolishing the head at a gas station. I am always the nothing is too hot guy but they blew me out with my request emergency room hot larb and som tum. Went back to Thai hot at that place after that. The salad was damn near caustic, smelled like chemical stripper, brutal.

Just ate my usual wimpy lunch. One can Dong Won tuna in black bean paste over half a cucumber and some green onion.

Dave :-)

Most U.S. people seem to dislike spice. The Thai place nearby has three levels of spice for their pad thai: [LIST=1] [*] American Hot [*] Mexican Hot [*] Thai Hot [/LIST] The Thai Hot is good, but VERY VERY spicy. Most people get American Hot, which is, as you would expect, basically not hot at all. :D

I forget where it was I read this, but spices from different parts of the world also have different heat profiles. Asian peppers tend to be very spicy right away, right in the front of your mouth, but they diffuse relatively quickly. American (as in the whole continent) peppers tend to have a flatter profile. They don't peak as hot, but the heat lasts longer and you get the sensation all over. EDIT: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/rating-chili-peppers-on-a-scale-of-1-to-oh-dear-god-im-on-fire/

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I forget where it was I read this, but spices from different parts of the world also have different heat profiles. Asian peppers tend to be very spicy right away, right in the front of your mouth, but they diffuse relatively quickly. American (as in the whole continent) peppers tend to have a flatter profile. They don't peak as hot, but the heat lasts longer and you get the sensation all overlonger.

EDIT: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/rating-chili-peppers-on-a-scale-of-1-to-oh-dear-god-im-on-fire/

Yeah, eat a dumpling smothered in hot mustard, and then compare to a raw serrano pepper.  The mustard is immediately intense and all through the sinuses seemingly, and then it just as quickly disappears.

The pepper is a delayed reaction (just long enough for you to go "that's not bad at all" and take a second, bigger bite) that makes you feel the need to bury your tongue in milk for .... ever.  And that still barely helps until the pepper decides to wear off several minutes later.