IGNORED

Food Thread

mvmac

Shawarma Falafel just NE of Boston Common is good.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Speaking of pizza - there's a place near me that serves "Swedish style pizza".  Ok . .I had pizza in Sweden many years ago and I could not get over how horrible it was.  I had to see for myself if they were really making "Swedish style pizza".  Yep, they are. 

Let me see .. I'll have the "Chicago pizza" . .hold the fish, hold the eggs, hold the white sauce, sour cream and cucumbers. wait. . . what the hell? 

6 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Shawarma Falafel just NE of Boston Common is good.

When are we going to see Nevets Guide to Falafel! 3rd Edition on the bookshelves at Barnes & Noble? :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Home made Chirashi

IMG_1746[1].JPG

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I love cooking and using my smoker. 

The other night I did a reverse sear on a 2.5" thick tomahawk rib eye from Sam's Club.

ribeye.jpg

cooked.jpg

Also had some crab stuffed smoked salmon last night.

crab.jpg

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

31 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

The other night I did a reverse sear on a 2.5" thick tomahawk rib eye from Sam's Club.

ribeye.jpg

cooked.jpg

crab.jpg

Finally, a reason to go to Arkansas!  Oh yeah, I know the GM at Chenal CC in Little Rock, that's another reason, but good food might even trump golf.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

14 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I'm starting to see that a lot, pizza on menus for non-Italian places. I think it has become a back up meal for picky eaters.

In my experience, places that have a breadth of offerings generally don't produce anything particularly spectacular and even the few things they claim to be good at aren't all that great compared to places that specialize.

I get my Italian from an Italian restaurant, my Chinese from several places depending on region, Thai from a Thai restaurant, Pho from one place and Banh Mi from another, etc. But then I'm a bit of a food snob :whistle:

13 hours ago, Abu3baid said:

Yeah, it's mainly a Lebanese store and according to my brother famous for their falafel :)

Famous doesn't necessarily mean good. McDonald's is famous for their hamburgers. Just sayin ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

ribeye.jpg

cooked.jpg

crab.jpg

Nice looking steak! How did the reverse sear work out? I've been thinking about trying it. Ever try direct on coals? I started doing that this spring and have had great success.

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

10 hours ago, billchao said:

In my experience, places that have a breadth of offerings generally don't produce anything particularly spectacular and even the few things they claim to be good at aren't all that great compared to places that specialize.

I get my Italian from an Italian restaurant, my Chinese from several places depending on region, Thai from a Thai restaurant, Pho from one place and Banh Mi from another, etc. But then I'm a bit of a food snob :whistle:

Agree. But there is this one place in my town, 3 Country Bistro, that does great Thai, Vietnamese and Sushi. So occasionally they can be good!

Scott

My Swing Thread

16 hours ago, boogielicious said:

When are we going to see Nevets Guide to Falafel! 3rd Edition on the bookshelves at Barnes & Noble? :-P

Lol. Don't get me started on ramen or sushi. 

image.jpeg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just now, nevets88 said:

Lol. Don't get me started on ramen or sushi. 

image.jpeg

I love sushi. 

Scott

My Swing Thread

Korean comfort food:

Steve

12 hours ago, chspeed said:

Nice looking steak! How did the reverse sear work out? I've been thinking about trying it. Ever try direct on coals? I started doing that this spring and have had great success.

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4281.jpg

I have gone caveman style with a steak before. It was pretty good. 

Reverse sear is the way to go from now on. It takes a lot less charcoal to get super hot, and cooking it in the oven before hand made it even all the way through. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

PGA Tour players try 3 types of moon cake and attempt to speak Chinese. Yeah, I'm not a fan of the egg yolk either.

Steve

On 9/13/2016 at 3:42 AM, boogielicious said:

Agree. But there is this one place in my town, 3 Country Bistro, that does great Thai, Vietnamese and Sushi. So occasionally they can be good!

I've actually eaten at this place when visiting HQ. Nice place!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

What's it like running a ramen restaurant in Japan.

Steve

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

What's it like running a ramen restaurant in Japan.

I always said I'd love to open up a small restaurant. It's absolutely a labor of love.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I always said I'd love to open up a small restaurant. It's absolutely a labor of love.

That was a really cool video. I've always said that if I somehow got rich enough where I didn't have to work, I'd open a diner. Nothing (for me) beats a really good diner. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7