IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

Yeah, pretty sure that's a new feature. I have a screenshot somewhere. It detects the motion of your hips or something.

In my most recent round, it "detected" three shots. Two were not, one was.

Yes, I have noticed it since this post. I had not seen it before. Must use a accelerometer or something to detect a shot.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

It's $119 on Amazon via a lightning deal right now! Almost 85% claimed. I'm so tempted, but I want to spend money on lessons instead.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

It's $119 on Amazon via a lightning deal right now! Almost 85% claimed. I'm so tempted, but I want to spend money on lessons instead.

$119 or $199? Never mind, it said 119 after clicking on it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

$119 or $199? Never mind, it said 119 after clicking on it.

119! I know, I did a double take too. Sadly the deal is now over, I think. They reached 100% claimed a while ago.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

119! I know, I did a double take too. Sadly the deal is now over, I think. They reached 100% claimed a while ago.

I got mine though...

I got mine though...

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

I'm bummed I missed that deal. I would have for be able to convince my wife it was worth 119 well maybe.

Don't get too bummed; keep an eye on it over the next few days. They had another sale on it earlier today where it was listed at $159 through Prime. The fact that it keeps returning to $199 makes me think they'll be discounting it again soon. Its price had dropped slowly over the past few months to about $165-$180 before suddenly jumping up to $199 right before Thanksgiving, which they followed with their steep sale. With Cyber Monday in particular, I wouldn't be surprised for the prices to approach that low Black Friday level at some point over the next few days. A good idea would be to click on the Amazon Lightning Deals each morning and scroll through the offers for that day to see if they'll have something for sure. That's how I saw they'd have something for it at 10a on Friday. I didn't expect so steep a discount though, for sure. Otherwise, the price fluctuates seemingly with every purchase made. I hope you get lucky!

I don't know why I keep following it so closely when I'm not going to buy it soon; I'm just masochistic I guess, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

For the owners of Game Golf what do you think about it? Has the novelty wore off at all? I'm thinking of getting one (I have a gift card and there's a online sale today) so I was wondering if you think it's something worth picking up.

• Administrator

For the owners of Game Golf what do you think about it? Has the novelty wore off at all? I'm thinking of getting one (I have a gift card and there's a online sale today) so I was wondering if you think it's something worth picking up.

I do. It helps too that everyone here can see your rounds and ask you about them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes, it's still awesome.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I've been reticent to buy based on the fact that I'm cheap and I assumed that course mapping would be far less extensive where I play.

Just checked out their library and they have tons of courses around me. They even have the executive 9 hole that I play all the time. Gonna have to keep an eye on it's price over the off-season.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Don't get too bummed; keep an eye on it over the next few days. They had another sale on it earlier today where it was listed at $159 through Prime. The fact that it keeps returning to $199 makes me think they'll be discounting it again soon. Its price had dropped slowly over the past few months to about $165-$180 before suddenly jumping up to $199 right before Thanksgiving, which they followed with their steep sale. With Cyber Monday in particular, I wouldn't be surprised for the prices to approach that low Black Friday level at some point over the next few days. A good idea would be to click on the Amazon Lightning Deals each morning and scroll through the offers for that day to see if they'll have something for sure. That's how I saw they'd have something for it at 10a on Friday. I didn't expect so steep a discount though, for sure. Otherwise, the price fluctuates seemingly with every purchase made. I hope you get lucky!

I don't know why I keep following it so closely when I'm not going to buy it soon; I'm just masochistic I guess, haha.

I would not be shocked to see it at $99 by spring. I am not going to complain about getting it at $119 though, except for the fact that I can't use it until spring possibly.

I would not be shocked to see it at $99 by spring. I am not going to complain about getting it at $119 though, except for the fact that I can't use it until spring possibly.

That would be nice. I keep waiting for range finders to hit $100 mark so I can treat myself. Doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

That would be nice. I keep waiting for range finders to hit $100 mark so I can treat myself. Doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

Yeah they don't budge on the prices much for those. They would rather put out a newer model and keep the price up.

Has anyone seen this other system, Arccos? Looks pretty similar, but twice the cost. http://m.golfgalaxy.com/arccos-golf-gps-stat-tracking-system/14arcurccsglfgtch/product

Has anyone seen this other system, Arccos? Looks pretty similar, but twice the cost.

http://m.golfgalaxy.com/arccos-golf-gps-stat-tracking-system/14arcurccsglfgtch/product

The price is the first biggest downside.  The other is that instead of linking with a little gadget on your hip, it links with your iphone.  That sounds annoying to me to have my phone in my pocket the whole time, and it also sounds like a battery waster.

[QUOTE name="dkolo" url="/t/76544/tst-investigates-game-golf/396#post_1080310"]   Don't get too bummed; keep an eye on it over the next few days. They had another sale on it earlier today where it was listed at $159 through Prime. The fact that it keeps returning to $199 makes me think they'll be discounting it again soon. Its price had dropped slowly over the past few months to about $165-$180 before suddenly jumping up to $199 right before Thanksgiving, which they followed with their steep sale. With Cyber Monday in particular, I wouldn't be surprised for the prices to approach that low Black Friday level at some point over the next few days. A good idea would be to click on the Amazon Lightning Deals each morning and scroll through the offers for that day to see if they'll have something for sure. That's how I saw they'd have something for it at 10a on Friday. I didn't expect so steep a discount though, for sure. Otherwise, the price fluctuates seemingly with every purchase made. I hope you get lucky! I don't know why I keep following it so closely when I'm not going to buy it soon; I'm just masochistic I guess, haha. [/QUOTE] I would not be shocked to see it at $99 by spring. I am not going to complain about getting it at $119 though, except for the fact that I can't use it until spring possibly.

I can't use one until spring anyways, so keeping my eyes open and hoping you're right.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter