Jump to content
iacas

TST Explores GAME Golf

1,236 posts / 110075 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

I was thinking of buying either GG Live or a range finder. Sounds like I should hold off on GG for now? Or is it just the Pro version that is having all the issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DaHolla said:

I was thinking of buying either GG Live or a range finder. Sounds like I should hold off on GG for now? Or is it just the Pro version that is having all the issues?

I used GG Live for about a year without a problem. Last time I used it (about 2 months ago), it was unable to find my home course and didn't record any stats.  I've since switched to Arccos and haven't looked back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I was wondering if anyone else can tell me if the Gamegolf support pages are not working for them?

https://www.gamegolfsupport.com/

Basically, I got a new computer so had to download the transfer app again, but its not downloading.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/7/2020 at 3:27 PM, iacas said:

Yeah that's the download that's no longer working when I try to run the install. Theres nothing special about the new comp, just running the most recent versions of software. Their contact support page had broken links when you try to select what device you need support for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Yeah that's the download that's no longer working when I try to run the install. Theres nothing special about the new comp, just running the most recent versions of software. Their contact support page had broken links when you try to select what device you need support for.

It downloaded the Mac installer for me. I can't know if it works for Windows or whatever.

Their support page is broken because desk.com is down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How do you guys deal with your stroke and distance penalties? When I hit a drive off the planet, I tag again and hit my second shot. When I edit my round, I have 2 tee shots. One is set to zero distance with a +1 penalty attached to it, and the other is my second drive. Pretty sure that zero distance shot is messing up my stats. Wondering if I should just have my second drive only with a +2 penalty attached to it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, KoHo said:

How do you guys deal with your stroke and distance penalties? When I hit a drive off the planet, I tag again and hit my second shot. When I edit my round, I have 2 tee shots. One is set to zero distance with a +1 penalty attached to it, and the other is my second drive. Pretty sure that zero distance shot is messing up my stats. Wondering if I should just have my second drive only with a +2 penalty attached to it...

When you upload the round to your computer, there is an option to add a penalty (+1 or +2). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

21 minutes ago, KoHo said:

Wondering if I should just have my second drive only with a +2 penalty attached to it...

I do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, KoHo said:

How do you guys deal with your stroke and distance penalties? When I hit a drive off the planet, I tag again and hit my second shot. When I edit my round, I have 2 tee shots. One is set to zero distance with a +1 penalty attached to it, and the other is my second drive. Pretty sure that zero distance shot is messing up my stats. Wondering if I should just have my second drive only with a +2 penalty attached to it...

I do the same thing as you with a zero distance or distance from the shot to the drop for my first shot.  But, Game Golf does have an algorithm that throws out outliers when calculating the "typical" distance for each club.

Another idea i've considered, probably because i read it here somewhere, is to create a "penalty" club.  So after the round, just switch the club to this penalty club, and all the bad distances and penalties will be assigned to that club.  I'm curious if anyone actually does that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

54 minutes ago, bweiss711 said:

Another idea i've considered, probably because i read it here somewhere, is to create a "penalty" club.  So after the round, just switch the club to this penalty club, and all the bad distances and penalties will be assigned to that club.  I'm curious if anyone actually does that.

That is something I've not heard.   A different way of thinking.   👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I temporarily edited my last round. I deleted all of the zero distance shots (there were a lot ha...) and added a +2 penalty to the only tee shot. The club performance stats didn't change. It did change some stats though. The "Off the Tee" insight was showing an increase in percentage of fairways hit, but the average distance was now correct. Before, the average distance was accounting for the zero distance shots. Also, strokes gained moved some points from the off the tee category to the approach category. Not sure what happened there. I think I'm going to stick with the zero distance shot and the +1 penalty for the stroke and distance penalties. Thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...