IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Disagree.  It's bad enough that I have to putt over the guys ball mark ... now you're telling me I'm going to have to chip over his body?!?!?!

BTW, is there a single member of this thread that is a golfer anymore??  I would put good money on that answer being no.

I still am. The ball retriever almost voided my status, but I haven't bought it yet. Love finding me some high quality golf balls in the bushes/woods

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

List of Reasons why I'm not a golfer:

"if you talk about *anything* other than what's happening right now . .you're not a golfer" (So during a 5 hour round waiting on people, am I supposed to talk about my last iron shot for 7 minutes? :-P )

" You have to count all your shots after you've putted out" (On bad holes, I may need a calculator...)

" if you putt with your glove on.  ugh.  looks doofish." (I do this occasionally if I'm putting like crap anyway)

" I'm not sure you can be a golfer if you don't have at least one superstition that a non-golfer would find nuts." (No superstitions here)

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was looking a Jones Sports bags.  They're bringing back the old-style, traditional carry bags.  But the product video shows a guy walking down the fairway carrying his back with the club heads going backwards.  So maybe it's not so wrong?

Wasn't even sure what that meant.  sticking the clubs in the bag head first with the handles sticking out?

but I found the video - so....seriously...... people get annoyed if another golfer carries the bag with the heads behind the opposite shoulder instead of forward under their armpit?

maybe if they clanked and were noisy - that would keep you from putting your hand on the heads to quiet the rattling.....

am I supposed to talk about my last iron shot for 7 minutes?

I might even be guilty of that......really should work on that OCD.....

Bill - 

I am not saying I am a "true golfer" or anything, but quitting a round because of light rain? What is that about?

See my umbrella post.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

I am calling you out as a non-golfer if the 15th club in your bag is one of these..............

No real golfer carries one of these...LOL

Bunk!!!  I've carried one since the early 80's, and it's the only one I've ever owned.  (I don't "fish", just recover my own ball when possible)

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

That doesn't make it right!

If you catch up on your golf buddy's family life during the round, you're not a golfer....

ha - yeah, if you talk about *anything* other than what's happening right now . .you're not a golfer

Double bunk!!!  Golf is a social game.  I'd rather talk family etc., on the course than hang my laundry out on Facebook or Twitter.

Here's my contribution:  You aren't a real golfer if you can't correctly take relief from a water hazard, obstruction, GUR, or unplayable lie.  I don't care how many retrievers you own - that's irrelevant to playing the game.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

You arent a real golfer if your "real" bag isnt a little worn or dirty.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

You arent a real golfer if your "real" bag isnt a little worn or dirty.

And of course, let's not even get started on the use of iron covers! :bugout:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If your wife even ASKS what you want to do on Fathers Day weekend!

Not fair.  I think it should be more like 'if she asks you that question and you have to answer her with anything more than a Tony Almeida stare."

not so serious - if you putt with your glove on.  ugh.  looks doofish.

Jack Nicklaus keeps his glove on.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I was looking a Jones Sports bags.  They're bringing back the old-style, traditional carry bags.  But the product video shows a guy walking down the fairway carrying his back with the club heads going backwards.  So maybe it's not so wrong?

Good point.  And the guy has a decent enough swing in the video that he can't be just another male model pretending to be a golfer.

Having carried a single strap bag for decades before switching to a double strap, it was always standard to swing the butt end of the bag around behind you (just like one does with a double strap).  Can't do that with the butt end leading.  Also, when caddying, you can pull the right club without swinging the bag around when the clubs face forward.  I will stand by my label of an inexperienced golfer when I see the clubs facing back (or at least someone who does not carry a bag often).

Brian Kuehn

..if you play anything other than a ProV1s.

Haha, Well this rules me out as a golfer. I'm not a ball snob.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Jack Nicklaus keeps his glove on.

He gets a pass, he's old.  Poor circulation.

Still looks like a doof though. :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If you play in sandals (flip-flops) ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Haha, Well this rules me out as a golfer. I'm not a ball snob.

It rules out a considerable portion of the golfing world.  That's why I contend that if everybody is honest, we have all likely violated at least one of the "rules" already listed.

I talk about stuff other than golf during the round.  How can you not?

I've had to count all of my strokes in my head (and even using my finger to point :bugout: ) occasionally.

I sometimes carry a big umbrella.

I sometimes dress snazzy - even with a purple sweater.

I frequently don't use ProV1's

I used to putt with my glove on.

And there are a few more I think I've violated as well, so at this point, it seems it's fair to say that I am, at best, maybe 63.4% of a real golfer. :-P

I am, at best, maybe 63.4% of a real golfer.

I'd say I'm 23.2% of a real golfer.  Just the shell - I play golf, but I'm empty inside.

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3087 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!