IGNORED

Will Ebola become a big problem in the United States?

MS256
Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will spreading of Ebola become a big problem in the United States?

• No.
    • Yes.

@Golfingdad would kiss anyone

True, he's such a lefty.

There is nobody in the country who has more understanding of Ebola than the WHO and CDC. Some mistakes have been made at the source in Dallas, but they are the ones who know the protocols and how to implement them going forward. That is why they got the nurses out of Dallas and into more secure environments. They didn't do it because Rush Limbaugh or John Boehner thinks it is a good idea, they did it because it was the right thing to do. Anybody who allows their politics to inform their opinions, or better yet their decisions, relating to things that have nothing to do with politics are being irrational.

The dallas situation has to be worse case scenario, right?  I mean, a guy shouldn't have made it past the screening but did.  Then the hospital turned him away.  Then the nurses messed up with the hazmats or weren't given the instruction or whatever, and one of them flew to cleveland and back.  I mean that's a failure at every step.  And it seems like 2 people got infected, both are doing okay as far as I know.

Well, I guess the lady puking on the tour bus after having gone who knows where else, could be worse if that turns out to be ebola.

I think the CDC should be praised for their response thus far.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

True, he's such a lefty.

The dallas situation has to be worse case scenario, right?  I mean, a guy shouldn't have made it past the screening but did.  Then the hospital turned him away.  Then the nurses messed up with the hazmats or weren't given the instruction or whatever, and one of them flew to cleveland and back.  I mean that's a failure at every step.  And it seems like 2 people got infected, both are doing okay as far as I know.

Well, I guess the lady puking on the tour bus after having gone who knows where else, could be worse if that turns out to be ebola.

I think the CDC should be praised for their response thus far.

Of course the news wont even praise anything. All they care about is the negative, it drives ratings.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

While you have the remarkable ability to discount anybody who may be assessed as an "expert" and prefer to listen to anybody opposed to what these "experts" may propose. Especially if they have anything to do with the evil Government. BTW, what was your position when the Bush Administration listened to the same "experts" and chose not to ban travel at the time surrounding what was an airborne virus? There is nobody in the country who has more understanding of Ebola than the WHO and CDC. Some mistakes have been made at the source in Dallas, but they are the ones who know the protocols and how to implement them going forward. That is why they got the nurses out of Dallas and into more secure environments. They didn't do it because Rush Limbaugh or John Boehner thinks it is a good idea, they did it because it was the right thing to do. Anybody who allows their politics to inform their opinions, or better yet their decisions, relating to things that have nothing to do with politics are being irrational.

As I mentioned earlier, it's all politics. It's no mistake that known lefties and righties on this site are on opposite sides of this or many other arguments.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I agree, this isn't a lefty, righty issue so let's apply some rational thought to this.

If a friend of yours had a stomach virus or the flu would you?

Not be concerned that you or your family would get sick and invite him/her and their family over to your home

Invite the family to your home but not the person that was currently exhibiting symptoms

Hold off on the invitation until you were certain they were no longer contagious.

If I already knew that a friend had the flu, it's obviously 3.  But this is a false equivalent.  Nobody is suggesting that people who actually HAVE ebola should be allowed to come here and go freely about their business and into your home.

@Golfingdad would kiss anyone

Yeah, that's probably true. ;-)

Of course the news wont even praise anything. All they care about is the negative, it drives ratings.

I'd agree the CDC deserves praise for getting it's act together after they dropped the ball.  If they were on top of things from the beginning, two nurses wouldn't be infected with Ebola.  While we can have an appreciation for what the CDC did, I'm not sure if you're the infected nurses or their family you're too impressed.

Joe Paradiso

I'd agree the CDC deserves praise for getting it's act together after they dropped the ball.  If they were on top of things from the beginning, two nurses wouldn't be infected with Ebola.  While we can have an appreciation for what the CDC did, I'm not sure if you're the infected nurses or their family you're too impressed.

The CDC can only do so much. It actually takes people with some common sense to realize that ACTUALLY following CDC guidelines is what should have been done. Don't blame the system when the people fail to implement it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

If I already knew that a friend had the flu, it's obviously 3.  But this is a false equivalent.  Nobody is suggesting that people who actually HAVE ebola should be allowed to come here and go freely about their business and into your home.

If you felt it was a false equivalent then you might have answered 2 since the family wasn't sick in the example.

If there was a proven, non-invasive test that could be performed then there'd be no need for flight restrictions.  The problem is, symptoms (fever) can be masked by medications and currently there's no sure way to know who's infected and who's not.  A nurse who knew she was exposed to Ebola and had a low grade fever got on a plane knowingly she could be contagious.

Joe Paradiso

I'd agree the CDC deserves praise for getting it's act together after they dropped the ball.  If they (CDC) were on top of things from the beginning, two nurses wouldn't be infected with Ebola.  While we can have an appreciation for what the CDC did, I'm not sure if you're the infected nurses or their family you're too impressed.

No, the nurses wouldn't be infected with Ebola if the hospital had their act together. They bungled it from the start, especially when they sent Duncan home with Tylenol and some antibiotics. But hey, that's what they do in Texas IR's with patients with no insurance. It was probably the worst place somebody in Duncan's circumstance could have ended up.

The CDC should have informed the hospital staff immediately upon the discovery of Ebola that they should be careful where they travel, as they were obviously exposed due to the fact that they were treating a highly infectious patient. I doubt anybody was infected by the nurse due to this oversight because of the way the virus is spread, but it was the one thing that they missed. The CDC is still the go-to org in containing this and anybody who thinks otherwise is irrational.

Bill M

No, the nurses wouldn't be infected with Ebola if the hospital had their act together. They bungled it from the start, especially when they sent Duncan home with Tylenol and some antibiotics. But hey, that's what they do in Texas IR's with patients with no insurance. It was probably the worst place somebody in Duncan's circumstance could have ended up.

The CDC should have informed the hospital staff immediately upon the discovery of Ebola that they should be careful where they travel, as they were obviously exposed due to the fact that they were treating a highly infectious patient. I doubt anybody was infected by the nurse due to this oversight because of the way the virus is spread, but it was the one thing that they missed. The CDC is still the go-to org in containing this and anybody who thinks otherwise is irrational.

Or not a lemming

Joe Paradiso

The person at the Pentagon was found vomiting at 9:10 am est.  There is still no word on whether it was ebola.  Yet it seemed like the JFK incident was tested in minutes and determined not to be ebola.  I wonder why the same quick test could not be administered at the Pentagon.

See below. Not sure how they'd come to such a conclusion at JFK simply based on someone vomiting. Must have been something else to lead them to conclude it wasn't ebola.

To my knowledge there is no quick test, I believe they tried to reduce panic while they got it all sorted out.

All you need is a little colloidal silver. I thought everyone knew that, even Palin.

Ha! Very good but sadly I think there are some who actually do believe this.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

. The CDC is still the go-to org in containing this and anybody who thinks otherwise is irrational.

Apparently the CDC is not the "go-to org..... http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/10/17/obama-ebola-czar-ron-klain/17429121/ But I agree, naming a pure political hack as the "Ebola Czar" is definitely irrational! Good grief..... :doh:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Apparently the CDC is not the "go-to org.....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/10/17/obama-ebola-czar-ron-klain/17429121/

But I agree, naming a pure political hack as the "Ebola Czar" is definitely irrational!

Good grief.....

I see that and raise you one! :doh::doh:

I see that and raise you one! :doh: :doh:

Czar? :loco:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Czar? :loco:

Buddy, this is America! You can spell it "tsar" if you like. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

There was an article in the post today that made a pretty good vase that the CDC director has done a really good job. This ebola czar is just a political figurehead who will take the heat. Also, apparently this lady at the Pentagon lied and had not been to west Africa.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

From surgeongeneral.com: About the Office of the Surgeon General As the Nation’s Doctor, the Surgeon General provides Americans with the best scientific information available on how to improve their health and reduce the risk of illness and injury. In 2010, the Affordable Care Act designated the Surgeon General as the Chair of the newly formed National Prevention Council, which provides coordination and leadership among 20 executive departments with respect to prevention, wellness, and health promotion activities. The Surgeon General oversees the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps (USPHS), an elite group of more than 6,800 uniformed officer public health professionals working throughout the Federal government whose mission is to protect, promote, and advance the health of our Nation. Additionally, the Office of the Surgeon General is the headquarters for the Civilian Volunteer Medical Reserve Corps, a national network of more than 200,000 volunteers committed to improving the public health, emergency response, and resiliency of their communities. The Surgeon General is nominated by the President of the United States with advice and consent of the United States Senate for a four-year term of office. The Office of the Surgeon General is part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Rear Admiral Boris D. Lushniak, MD, MPH serves as Acting Surgeon General, and Rear Admiral Scott F. Giberson, BSPharm, MPH serves as Acting Deputy Surgeon General.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Sorry that was from surgeongeneral.gov.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Note: This thread is 3400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!