IGNORED

Best balls on a tight budget?

Note: This thread is 3124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Top Flite Gamer (2 dozen for $30) and Top Flite Gamer Tour (2 dozen for $35) both at Dicks. Great balls. They also have Pro V x outs in the low $30 range for 1 dozen.

^^^^^^^^^ This. The Top Flite Gamer is awesome. jack

Jack

I found the TaylorMade Noodle (Soft and long) to be a nice ball and you can pick them up petty cheap at Dicks or on line.

Top Flite Gamer (2 dozen for $30) and Top Flite Gamer Tour (2 dozen for $35) both at Dicks. Great balls. They also have Pro V x outs in the low $30 range for 1 dozen.

^^ Both great choices.  I've played both the Noodle ("Long and Soft" or "Easy Distance", depending on your swing speed) and Gamer.  Both are inexpensive balls which feel good off the club and perform reasonably well.  The Gamers are a bit more expensive than the Noodles, but I'd give them the nod as the better ball if the few extra bucks isn't a big deal.  People shy away from Top Flite because of their reputation over the years for rock-hard distance balls, but the Gamer is probably the best ball they've ever come out with.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dunlop DP1-V3. Stop sniggering at the back!!

Not too bad, 3 piece Urethane ball at less the £20 a dozen

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Dunlop DP1-V3. Stop sniggering at the back!! Not too bad, 3 piece Urethane ball at less the £20 a dozen

Three pieces and urethane. What else do you need? Doesn't matter what it says on the outside of the ball.

Colin P.

Three pieces and urethane. What else do you need? Doesn't matter what it says on the outside of the ball.

What else do I need, to be able to find these in the US to try out! All I can find are uk stores.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

What else do I need, to be able to find these in the US to try out! All I can find are uk stores.

Yep, forgot about you yanks, sorry. I have however seen them advertised new on canadian ebay if that helps?

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Srixon Soft Feel $20/dz at Dick's... I'm the king of non-white golf balls, and they come in yellow, so I'm cool with them... (I just wish they came in orange)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I would also recommend the Gamer Soft (2 dozen for $30) which is a 3 piece ball like all of the Gamers and IMO the best of the non-urethane low compression balls.

Got my Project(a) balls today. They look great, can't tell why they're "practice". They seem to compare nicely to Pro V1s but less than 1/2 the cost. http://taylormadegolf.com/Project-%28a%29-Golf-Ball/DW-SY628.html#product-description-full

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

http://golf.about.com/cs/rulesofgolf/a/faq_xout.htm

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

Got my Project(a) balls today. They look great, can't tell why they're "practice". They seem to compare nicely to Pro V1s but less than 1/2 the cost. http://taylormadegolf.com/Project-%28a%29-Golf-Ball/DW-SY628.html#product-description-full

I've been playing Project (a) most of the year and I can't tell the difference between them and ProV1 from a performance standpoint.  Great ball, but I only seem to be able to buy them online.  Golfsmith has a space on the shelf, but it's always been empty whenever I've looked.  Last time I ordered them I bought 3 dozen, still have 2½ dozen left to hold me until sometime next year.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Buy 3 dozen of the Snell Get Sum Balls for $15/each dozen

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Buy 3 dozen of the Snell Get Sum Balls for $15/each dozen

Agreed. I just got the Snell sample pack and played Get Sum and My Tour Ball for 9 holes each today. You will not find a better ball in the "cheaper ball" category for under $30...

Note: This thread is 3124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!