Sign in to follow this  
ChrisPietersen

Best balls on a tight budget?

Note: This thread is 1643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

82 posts / 11435 viewsLast Reply

Top Flite Gamer (2 dozen for $30) and Top Flite Gamer Tour (2 dozen for $35) both at Dicks. Great balls. They also have Pro V x outs in the low $30 range for 1 dozen.

^^^^^^^^^ This. The Top Flite Gamer is awesome. jack

I found the TaylorMade Noodle (Soft and long) to be a nice ball and you can pick them up petty cheap at Dicks or on line.

Top Flite Gamer (2 dozen for $30) and Top Flite Gamer Tour (2 dozen for $35) both at Dicks. Great balls. They also have Pro V x outs in the low $30 range for 1 dozen.

^^ Both great choices.  I've played both the Noodle ("Long and Soft" or "Easy Distance", depending on your swing speed) and Gamer.  Both are inexpensive balls which feel good off the club and perform reasonably well.  The Gamers are a bit more expensive than the Noodles, but I'd give them the nod as the better ball if the few extra bucks isn't a big deal.  People shy away from Top Flite because of their reputation over the years for rock-hard distance balls, but the Gamer is probably the best ball they've ever come out with.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dunlop DP1-V3. Stop sniggering at the back!!

Not too bad, 3 piece Urethane ball at less the £20 a dozen

Dunlop DP1-V3. Stop sniggering at the back!! Not too bad, 3 piece Urethane ball at less the £20 a dozen

Three pieces and urethane. What else do you need? Doesn't matter what it says on the outside of the ball.

Three pieces and urethane. What else do you need? Doesn't matter what it says on the outside of the ball.

What else do I need, to be able to find these in the US to try out! All I can find are uk stores.

What else do I need, to be able to find these in the US to try out! All I can find are uk stores.

Yep, forgot about you yanks, sorry. I have however seen them advertised new on canadian ebay if that helps?

I would also recommend the Gamer Soft (2 dozen for $30) which is a 3 piece ball like all of the Gamers and IMO the best of the non-urethane low compression balls.

Got my Project(a) balls today. They look great, can't tell why they're "practice". They seem to compare nicely to Pro V1s but less than 1/2 the cost. http://taylormadegolf.com/Project-%28a%29-Golf-Ball/DW-SY628.html#product-description-full

Got my Project(a) balls today. They look great, can't tell why they're "practice". They seem to compare nicely to Pro V1s but less than 1/2 the cost. http://taylormadegolf.com/Project-%28a%29-Golf-Ball/DW-SY628.html#product-description-full

I've been playing Project (a) most of the year and I can't tell the difference between them and ProV1 from a performance standpoint.  Great ball, but I only seem to be able to buy them online.  Golfsmith has a space on the shelf, but it's always been empty whenever I've looked.  Last time I ordered them I bought 3 dozen, still have 2½ dozen left to hold me until sometime next year.

Buy 3 dozen of the Snell Get Sum Balls for $15/each dozen

Agreed. I just got the Snell sample pack and played Get Sum and My Tour Ball for 9 holes each today. You will not find a better ball in the "cheaper ball" category for under $30...

Note: This thread is 1643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!