IGNORED

Today is Festivus, Time to Air Your Grievances

dfreuter415
Note: This thread is 3430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My grievances:  golfers that don't repair ball marks on the greens (theirs and at least one other) and golfers that don't fill their divot holes. Nothing can ruin your golfing day faster than hitting the perfect drive and finding the ball in the middle of the fairway in an inch deep divot hole.

Butch

On the other hand, today, December 23rd, living in southwest Pennsylvania, I was able to go and play some golf. "It's a Festivus miracle."

I too experienced the Festivus miracle yesterday of golf in SE Michigan!  It truly is a miracle.

Also, my grievance is similar to your age-related issues.  Of course getting older beats the alternative.

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My only golf related grievances are mishits. 3+ putts come high on the list as well.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Here's a couple of my grievances. 1 - not fixing ball marks is bad. But people who take their putter and just tap down a ball mark make me angry. THat doesn't work and it's lazy. And people do it at my course quite a bit. Either don't care, or be courteous. Don't phone it in 2 - don't sand your divots when your divot is 6 inches from the hole you made! 3 - don't wave me thru on 17 after making me wait most of the round. That's a good definition of grievances. :)

—Adam

Here's a couple of my grievances. 1 - not fixing ball marks is bad. But people who take their putter and just tap down a ball mark make me angry. THat doesn't work and it's lazy. And people do it at my course quite a bit. Either don't care, or be courteous. Don't phone it in 2 - don't sand your divots when your divot is 6 inches from the hole you made! 3 - don't wave me thru on 17 after making me wait most of the round. That's a good definition of grievances. :)

One thing to note is that it actually is possible to fix a ball mark using only your putter. You have to push the edges in with the toe of your putter, firmly tapping around the edges of the mark, then you can press it back flat with the sole of your putter. I completely agree though if you mean the people who just touch it lightly as if they're pretending to fix it.

Grievances are sh@tty drivers that are Xmas shopping.

Are the drivers out Christmas shopping to get a present for the putters?  Do they annoy you because they're not pretty and shiny?

Save the applause, I'm here all week, folks! :smartass:

• Upvote 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

@RFKFREAK Boo

Can't hit a home run without stepping up to the plate and there will be times when you step up to the plate that you're going to strike out. ;-)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Can't hit a home run without stepping up to the plate and there will be times when you step up to the plate that you're going to strike out. ;-)

I liked it, because that was what I initially thought of in my head when I first read it.

• Upvote 1

Golfers who mark their 12-18 inch putts that came up short or were long. Pull it away or putt it out please.....

I've seen professionals miss tap-ins (in one memorable case, literally), so if it's tournament play, by all means mark it. If it's casual play, you can pull it away and, by handicap regulations, mark your most likely score -- strokes to get to 12" + 1.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I've seen professionals miss tap-ins (in one memorable case, literally), so if it's tournament play, by all means mark it. If it's casual play, you can pull it away and, by handicap regulations, mark your most likely score -- strokes to get to 12" + 1.

Even in tournaments ... Unless you're going to be standing in somebody else's line, just putt the dang thing out. And I'm a little confused by your last sentence ... Everybody on the planets "most likely" score is that they make the putt they picked up. Are you suggesting that if you pick up a 2 footer or 18 incher that you add TWO strokes to your total of the hole so far?

Even in tournaments ... Unless you're going to be standing in somebody else's line, just putt the dang thing out.

Er, yes. I agree. I guess I was thinking of whether they mark it versus pick it up, rather than mark it instead of putting out. [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/78783/today-is-festivus-time-to-air-your-grievances/18#post_1088966"] And I'm a little confused by your last sentence ... Everybody on the planets "most likely" score is that they make the putt they picked up. Are you suggesting that if you pick up a 2 footer or 18 incher that you add TWO strokes to your total of the hole so far?[/quote] No, just one. If you're making a par attempt and miss inside a foot, your most likely score is bogey, which (IIRC) is what you'd write for handicap purposes.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 3430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!