IGNORED

Sketchers commercials with Matt Kuchar

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

the commercials are funny imho....and do exactly what their meant to do, generate laughs and get us talking about them, for that good job by Kuchar and from Sketchers.  Doesn't make me want to go out and buy a pair though.

They do make me want to buy a bottle of Grey Goose vodka though.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What bothers me a just a little about these TV commercials for Sketchers featuring Matt Kuchar is the timing. Here we are approaching the most cherished time of the golf season; the time when spring is in the air and we all look for some Augusta magic, and we’re getting flooded with TV commercials for Sketchers. I love watching the Masters, but I feel this year, like a previously mentioned year , could turn out to be a great disappointment for me. Knowing that Kuchar’s dad, although not even making as much as a cameo in these TV commercials for Sketchers, will be walking the hallowed grounds of The Augusta National wearing free Sketchers is most displeasing to me. Moreover, t o think his dad will be wearing Sketchers not for their “advertised” comfort, value and style, but because they are FREE is very upsetting.

Disclosure:

To my knowledge, the Sketchers brand is not one of the sponsors.

Ferg

What bothers me a just a little about these TV commercials for Sketchers featuring Matt Kuchar is the timing.   Here we are approaching the most cherished time of the golf season; the time when spring is in the air and we all look for some Augusta magic, and we’re getting flooded with TV commercials for Sketchers.  I love watching the Masters, but I feel this year, like a previously mentioned year, could turn out to be a great disappointment for me.  Knowing that Kuchar’s dad, although not even making as much as a cameo in these TV commercials for Sketchers, will be walking the hallowed grounds of The Augusta National wearing free Sketchers is most displeasing to me.  Moreover, to think his dad will be wearing Sketchers not for their “advertised” comfort, value and style, but because they are FREE is very upsetting.

Disclosure:

Ferg

Don't take life so seriously. You'll never get out alive.

I, personally, love these commercials. I like Kuchar, and the understated humor. My only issue is that Sketchers apparently doesn't understand how to get these commercials on the internet. I've only seen the driver one, but apparently there are others? And they're not on youtube? Someone from Sketcher's marketing messed up!

• Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Sketchers knows exactly what they are doing with these TV commercials.

There are subliminal messages being sent in these TV commercials. The shoes and the use of camera angles make Matt Kuchar appear less tall and more robust. In real life he’s very gangly. Methinks the PGA’s top brass is lining the pockets of Sketcher’s management in an attempt to portray these shoes as a catalyst to fans,

“HEY YOU FANS, IF YOU WEAR THESE SKETCHERS – YOU CAN PLAY LIKE MATT.”

What bothers me a just a little about these TV commercials for Sketchers featuring Matt Kuchar is the timing.   Here we are approaching the most cherished time of the golf season; the time when spring is in the air and we all look for some Augusta magic, and we’re getting flooded with TV commercials for Sketchers.  I love watching the Masters, but I feel this year, like a previously mentioned year, could turn out to be a great disappointment for me.  Knowing that Kuchar’s dad, although not even making as much as a cameo in these TV commercials for Sketchers, will be walking the hallowed grounds of The Augusta National wearing free Sketchers is most displeasing to me.  Moreover, to think his dad will be wearing Sketchers not for their “advertised” comfort, value and style, but because they are FREE is very upsetting.

Disclosure:

Ferg

Next time I'm playing at the hallowed grounds of Sunken Meadow State Park Golf Course, I'll be wearing Adidas Adipower Boost golf shoes not for their advertised comfort, value and style, but because I was lucky enough to win them (read: FREE) from The Sand Trap and I'm reviewing them. I don't know why on earth that would bother anyone.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Don't take life so seriously. You'll never get out alive.

I, personally, love these commercials. I like Kuchar, and the understated humor. My only issue is that Sketchers apparently doesn't understand how to get these commercials on the internet. I've only seen the driver one, but apparently there are others? And they're not on youtube? Someone from Sketcher's marketing messed up!

I found this one.

But, yeah, you are right...they are not easy to find.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7agw/skechers-go-golf-golf-tips-putting-featuring-matt-kuchar

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Mark

Currently in the bag

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR S 10* --- Fairway: Cobra BioCell 3 and 5 Metal --- Hybrid: Nike VR 3 Hybrid
Irons: Ping i20 (4-5) , S56 (6-PW) --- Wedges: Ping Tour Gorge 52* & 56* SS --- Putter: Nike Method 004 --- Ball: Nike 20 Xi

• Administrator

Holy cow man. Get over yourself.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ferguson-  Your entitled to your opinion, I won't fault you for that, but To be honest how can anyone fault another for advertising a brand that pays them, or is a sponsor of them and gives them free items to wear, use etc...?  I personally know if I was blessed enough to be a pro golfer, athlete etc.. I would wear or use any brands product, do commercials for them, only way I wouldn't is unless it was something that I don't agree with or something like that...I wouldn't wear skulls and bones lol..honestly I can't see why your hate for Matt's Dad causes you to hate Sketchers as well, they didn't do anything for your hatred imho

I'm not a fan of any type of commercials, although, I know the TV guys have to make money. I like Matt, and have done work for 2 of Sketcher execs..I like their shoes, just not liking, or disliking the commercial..it is what it is...wait, who said that..? :-D

Oh yeah, Ferguson...you need to seriously lighten up, life is to short to get over worked about such things..not good for your health.

I'm not a fan of any type of commercials, although, I know the TV guys have to make money. I like Matt, and have done work for 2 of Sketcher execs..I like their shoes, just not liking, or disliking the commercial..it is what it is...wait, who said that..?  :-D   Oh yeah, Ferguson...you need to seriously lighten up, life is to short to get over worked about such things..not good for your health.

Beta blocker

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Ferguson-  Your entitled to your opinion, I won't fault you for that, but To be honest how can anyone fault another for advertising a brand that pays them, or is a sponsor of them and gives them free items to wear, use etc...?  I personally know if I was blessed enough to be a pro golfer, athlete etc.. I would wear or use any brands product, do commercials for them, only way I wouldn't is unless it was something that I don't agree with or something like that...I wouldn't wear skulls and bones lol..honestly I can't see why your hate for Matt's Dad causes you to hate Sketchers as well, they didn't do anything for your hatred imho

I don't hate them, they just make me angry. Plain and simple - I like to think there should be truth in advertising. Matt is a HIGHLY skilled player and the shoes being marketed in the Sketcher’s TV commercials are probably of decent quality. Companies like to pick people that best represent their products. But, I think Sketchers made an error in judgment this time. Look at what happened to The Tiger and Paula Deen – both dumped after “the truth” came out.

As we all know the traits of parents are passed down to their kids. His dad’s out of place behavior on the course at the Augusta Masters tells me this sort of thing is “probably” in the Kuchar DNA. In watching the Masters since 1976, won by Ray Floyd, I never witnessed such a rash display of insolence by a player or caddie. I guess what bothered me the most was that Kuchar’s dad didn’t care, as if he was entitled to ignore golf etiquette. The fact that he gets FREE shoes because his son appears in TV Commercials featuring Sketchers (that some find amusing, while others find annoying) just doesn’t sit well with me.

Ferg

[QUOTE name="Undr Par" url="/t/80518/sketchers-commercials-with-matt-kuchar/36#post_1112218"]   Ferguson-  Your entitled to your opinion, I won't fault you for that, but To be honest how can anyone fault another for advertising a brand that pays them, or is a sponsor of them and gives them free items to wear, use etc...?  I personally know if I was blessed enough to be a pro golfer, athlete etc.. I would wear or use any brands product, do commercials for them, only way I wouldn't is unless it was something that I don't agree with or something like that...I wouldn't wear skulls and bones lol..honestly I can't see why your hate for Matt's Dad causes you to hate Sketchers as well, they didn't do anything for your hatred imho [/QUOTE]

[COLOR=000000] I don't hate them, they just make me angry.  [COLOR=000000]Plain and simple -[/COLOR] I like to think there should be truth in advertising.[COLOR=000000]  [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]Matt is a HIGHLY skilled player and the shoes being marketed in the Sketcher’s TV commercials are probably of decent quality.[/COLOR][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][COLOR=000000]Companies like to pick people that best represent their products.[/COLOR][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]But, I think Sketchers made an error in judgment this time.[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][COLOR=000000]Look at what happened to The Tiger and Paula Deen – both dumped after “the truth” came out.[/COLOR][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]As we all know the traits of parents are passed down to their kids.[COLOR=000000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]His dad’s out of place behavior on the course at the Augusta Masters tells me this sort of thing is “probably” in the Kuchar DNA.[/COLOR][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][COLOR=000000]In watching the Masters since 1976, won by Ray Floyd, I never witnessed such a rash display of insolence by a player or caddie.[/COLOR][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]I guess what bothered me the most was that Kuchar’s dad didn’t care, as if he was entitled to ignore golf etiquette.[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][COLOR=000000]The fact that he gets FREE shoes because his son appears in TV Commercials featuring Sketchers (that some find amusing, while others find annoying) just doesn’t sit well with me.[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000] [/COLOR][/COLOR]

I feel the same way about the colour yellow. Really pisses me off.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

As we all know the traits of parents are passed down to their kids.  His dad’s out of place behavior on the course at the Augusta Masters tells me this sort of thing is “probably” in the Kuchar DNA.

Nearly complete and utter bullshit, @Ferguson .

Or are we to believe that your father and mother were petty and ignorant and held bizarre grudges for decades?

Enough.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wow. Just wow. They're commercials. They're funny, they're corny, and they're a little cheesy at times, but they serve to bring awareness to the product so that (hopefully) people will buy them. I mean really, who in the world believes just putting on a pair of Sketchers will make you hit the ball 300 yards? I've never seen so much outrage over nothing before. Makes me angry just thinking about it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

[S]Nearly[/S] complete and utter bullshit,

Fixed it for you.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Nearly complete and utter bullshit, @Ferguson.

Or are we to believe that your father and mother were petty and ignorant and held bizarre grudges for decades?

Enough.

100% agree. Complete bullshit.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!