IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

From the little I saw of Tiger... the swing looks good... and no signs of chip tips... it looked like a no break kinda day for him... that being said he's a 66 away from being back in the tourney... and he has the stuff to do it...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

From the little I saw of Tiger... the swing looks good... and no signs of chip tips... it looked like a no break kinda day for him... that being said he's a 66 away from being back in the tourney... and he has the stuff to do it...

. That's what I said, he grinded a 73. Could not catch a break all day.

I would say the swing was ok , irons were terrible but he hit some nice drives. His short game actually saved him today, could have shot A LOT higher.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I would say the swing was ok, irons were terrible but he hit some nice drives. His short game actually saved him today, could have shot A LOT higher.

The talking heads keep discussing how far his head is lowering causing him to get stuck and throw his arms at the ball.

- Shane

The talking heads keep discussing how far his head is lowering causing him to get stuck and throw his arms at the ball.

His head is always lowering... at least during competition.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

He hit 11 fairways, which was pretty cool. His irons were pretty terrible.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Day 1 done and dusted, three of my selections to win in the top 15, Jordan out standing performance today, great to see Tom Watson have a solid round, we will see what Friday brings. Have nice day.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Interesting day for sure!  Tiger had a bad 9th where out of sync for some reason.  Glad he was able to hold it together.  Spieth was amazing. Hope he goes all the way. Rory too.   Good Luck to Ernie.  If there was anyone out there who would love to cap a fine career with a green jacket, it would be Ernie.

• Administrator
Something to remember here, Tiger fans.  According to something I heard somewhere, no-one has ever won the Masters after being more than 4 shots off the lead the first day.

You heard wrong.

Heck, Nick Faldo was six shots back after the first round (and the third) and won in 1996.

Tiger's driving, short game, and putting were all an A (a few A+ shots, a few Bs). His approach shots, well, I guess when you work on your short game quite a bit that's what happens to your irons…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I hope for some good golf to be played, and for it to be tight coming down the stretch on sunday to make for some compelling golf on t.v.  Unless tiger is at the lead or within two shots of the lead I hope that I don't have to watch too much or listen too much about him during the masters.  I fully understand that Tiger moves the needle like know one else.  But I want to watch the new cream of the crop on t.v.  I know that I am probably in the minority on this.....

If I was to write up a dream scenario I would like to see spieth, Reed, D.J., Bubba and rory all in serious contention coming down the stretch on Sunday...And add Rickie to that list.

A finish like last year's PGA would be great! If Tiger is in the hunt too it will be a great show.

No drone zone enforcement for the AGNC area. Makes sense. Wonder how it's enforced. Armed USAF drones? Remote control jammers?

http://golfweek.com/news/2015/mar/20/masters-2015-augusta-national-drones-banned/

I heard a couple of jets in the background during the broadcast.

Surprised more people not picking DJ. The way he's been playing and the fact he should be able to eat up those par-5s, I see a good week for him next week. The only question with him is the short game. He was destroying Augusta last year through 27 holes and then his short game became a disaster. However, so far this year, his short games seems so much more crisp.

I put 25 bucks apiece on DJ and Spieth and a small token on Louis Oosthuizen, so here's hoping for a good week from all three of those guys.

DJ has great long game, but Masters penalizes poor short game and putting touch.

They apparently have it at the Masters this year.  Track is available on masters.com and the iPad.  It is sweet and superior to the regular pgatour.com site.

It looks nice, but doubt it's superior. I expect the distances are approximate. And the hole where Spieth went over the green had the wrong ball locations and numbering.

I don't think I've read one serious post here from anyone saying he would win. Most were optimistic he could make the cut but win nah.

I think winning is a long shot. But now that he's tested his short game...and it helped him out...he may relax and get into a better groove with his irons. Would be great to see him on the leaderboard on Sunday. Given this confirmation of his work under pressure, I wouldn't rule out a top 10.

Yeah, irons were not good.

He might have let that part of his game develop some rust focusing on the short game issues and knowing how key it would be for Augusta.

Kevin

Not sure I'd agree that Tiger's short game is back.  A 3 putt on 1 is not great.  On 3, he chipped 7 yards past the hole on a straightforward chip.  On 4, with lots of green to work with, he blasted out across and off the green, about 20' from the hole (to his credit, he got up and down from there -- I guess that is an up and up and down).  After that, he did do well -- I was impressed with his up and down on 11 and hope he draws a lot of confidence from it.

His full swing looks rushed, especially when compared to his driving range tempo -- I suspect his driver will get a lot more wild if he doesn't get some tempo back.

I am the ultimate tiger nutsack hanger-from, but am not as encouraged as the press accounts.

Considering Tiger is the greatest ever, there were never be another one coming around

Seriously tigger19. Is that a Sandwich in your avatar that tiggs is eating? It looks like a skinless chicken breast, You could have found a better picture than that I would think? Being the greatest golfer to ever walk the planet and all.

Not sure I'd agree that Tiger's short game is back.  A 3 putt on 1 is not great.  On 3, he chipped 7 yards past the hole on a straightforward chip.  On 4, with lots of green to work with, he blasted out across and off the green, about 20' from the hole (to his credit, he got up and down from there -- I guess that is an up and up and down).  After that, he did do well -- I was impressed with his up and down on 11 and hope he draws a lot of confidence from it. His full swing looks rushed, especially when compared to his driving range tempo -- I suspect his driver will get a lot more wild if he doesn't get some tempo back. I am the ultimate tiger nutsack hanger-from, but am not as encouraged as the press accounts.

Don't forget 12.

Note: This thread is 3308 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!