IGNORED

GolfDigest Editor Goes Undercover as a Cart Girl

billchao
Note: This thread is 3321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In my experience, every cart girl is different ... most are cute (part of the job) ... some are quiet and others are much more outgoing and enjoy the attention.      The bartender comparison is perfect ... but if they dress scantily to play the part, they should expect some attention (no excuse for the $100 to take your shirt off stuff though - that's over the line  - some guys treat them as strippers apparently)  ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Men will be men, girls will be girls, gentlemen will be gentlemen whether they are dealing with ladies or teases.

I agree with this. Even the flirty girls will pick up real quick that you're not interested if you don't reciprocate. A cart girl (or anyone in general) being flirty and dressing provocatively does not give men the right to be abusive.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by CR McDivot

Men will be men, girls will be girls, gentlemen will be gentlemen whether they are dealing with ladies or teases.

I agree with this. Even the flirty girls will pick up real quick that you're not interested if you don't reciprocate.

A cart girl (or anyone in general) being flirty and dressing provocatively does not give men the right to be abusive.

Let me reiterate that this is not the norm where I play golf.  In fact, I have not witness one and I must have played closed to 800 rounds and counting.   One or two folks in this thread have seen this in a few courses but I am a bit skeptical of their claim.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Quote:

Originally Posted by billchao

Quote:

I agree with this. Even the flirty girls will pick up real quick that you're not interested if you don't reciprocate.

A cart girl (or anyone in general) being flirty and dressing provocatively does not give men the right to be abusive.

Let me reiterate that this is not the norm where I play golf.  In fact, I have not witness one and I must have played closed to 800 rounds and counting.   One or two folks in this thread have seen this in a few courses but I am a bit skeptical of their claim.

This, in and of itself is very impressive!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I concur.  The girl in the pic for the story is a parody of anything I've ever seen.  I've never seen anything less modest than I'd see on a waitress at a casual restaurant or Michelle Wie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

I concur.  The girl in the pic for the story is a parody of anything I've ever seen.  I've never seen anything less modest than I'd see on a waitress at a casual restaurant or Michelle Wie.

Possibly not just a parody in Vegas? :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Quote:

Originally Posted by billchao

Quote:

This, in and of itself is very impressive!

2 - 3 times a week x 52 weeks * 5.5 years = 800 rounds give or take 50 rounds.   That's a lot of encounters with cart girls ... :-)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

but if they dress scantily to play the part, they should expect some attention

Good grief. Did I really read this?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Most of the courses I play regularly don't have cart girls but there really isn't much going on from what I have seen. Granted, I usually am paired with strangers so they may just be behaving better in strange company, but 80% of the time everyone waives her along without so much as a word. Just a few bad apples out there making us look bad.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I've played 1000s of rounds and paired-up with plenty of strangers.............and this article reads like a typical public television feminist BS article.  I've seen some flirty guys, but nothing over the top sexual.  If anything, those comments are saved until after the girls leave and I see them treated with respect in person.

I don't know....I suppose if the course she worked was on the Vegas strip frequented by the bachelor party types on a weekend bender.............maybe this happens.   At the regular clubs I play, the girls are treated with respect.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

At the regular clubs I play, the girls are treated with respect.

Is that your sister, girl friend or wife in the avatar photo?

• Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn

Is that your sister, girl friend or wife in the avatar photo?

Look at the filename z-huge-tits-it-was-tough-playing-golf-with-her-jpg

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I am surprised that people think this is isolated thing only on golf courses.

See:

In the neighborhood I grew up in (a rather rough neighborhood), you see guys hitting on girls walking down the street with all kinds of crap.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I am surprised that people think this is isolated thing only on golf courses.

See:

In the neighborhood I grew up in (a rather rough neighborhood), you see guys hitting on girls walking down the street with all kinds of crap.

So you've completely missed the point, have you?

This is a golf forum so people are talking about what happens on golf courses, strangely.

Please direct us to the quotes where people say it "only happens on golf courses".

The fact that it happens doesn't make it OK.

And one would assume that a person on a golf course would behave better towards women than a bunch of scumbags on the street. Unless they are scumbags on a golf course, obviously.

I love the way that slimy men think that making inappropriate and uncalled for sexual comments is "flirting".

It's not "hitting on girls", it's closer to sexual harassment than anything else a lot of the time.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I am embarrassed by guys who act this way... I am always respectful no matter where I am at. Talking like this is a form of bullying.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I think that the article goes a bit out of the way to make men look awful, in general, like we are all a bunch of pigs. It is a insult to me. I think it is in bad taste, to be honest.

I'm sure there are plenty of men flirting and the like. But, first of all, that goes with the territory of a waitress, which is what they are doing in a largely men's only "bar atmosphere", and 2nd, they are going out of their way, at least in this articles portrayal, to flirt it up with their attire/outfits and provoke flirtation and sexuality. They want men to be all respectful, each and every one of them, then wear non provocative outfits and hire all grandmothers. The employer and employees are taking advantage of men and their obvious weakness for pretty women with, well all that sexuality running a muck, period

Truth be told, grandma would bring in 1/4 the profits.

Bottom line, this article makes men look bad as a whole.

For the record, I've been playing golf for 45 years, and I've never seen any men doing any of this awfulness. Just saying.

I think that the article goes a bit out of the way to make men look awful, in general, like we are all a bunch of pigs. It is a insult to me. I think it is in bad taste, to be honest.

I'm sure there are plenty of men flirting and the like. But, first of all, that goes with the territory of a waitress, which is what they are doing in a largely men's only "bar atmosphere", and 2nd, they are going out of their way, at least in this articles portrayal, to flirt it up with their attire/outfits and provoke flirtation and sexuality. They want men to be all respectful, each and every one of them, then wear non provocative outfits and hire all grandmothers. The employer and employees are taking advantage of men and their obvious weakness for pretty women with, well all that sexuality running a muck, period

For the record, I've been playing golf for 45 years, and I've never seen any men doing any of this awfulness. Just saying.

Actually, a nice motherly conversation might be just the thing to sooth the pain of a bad round. Maybe better profits to Grandma? :roll:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

The fact that you characterize golf and golf courses as a men's only bar atmosphere and use that as an explanation of the men's actions is very close to the crux of the issue here. And kindly understand that choice of outfit on the girls' part is not justification for boorishness or worse by men. How a person dresses doesn't necessarily reflect their sexual motivations. Sometimes, women dress in ways you'd label as provocative because it's hot and it helps them be outside working all day or they just like it.

As for, even taking your claims as literally true, characterizing women dressing provocatively and being flirty as "taking advantage of men and their obvious weakness for pretty women," that's the real insult to men that I come away with.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 3321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!