IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fox US Open promotional commercial

Surprised they didn't include a blurp about Bengazi and how Hillary Clinton set it all up. And wooo a minute to showing Easy Rider - Didn't those guys partake in a marijuana joint during the movie ? Not very Conservative in my opinion and not FOX worthy... Besides, how do they even have time for a commercial with all the Clinton Bashing. They are wasting money on her when she has no chance to win. Easy peasy another Bush is going to win it. All depends on who he puts in seat #2. They have more than enough money to buy this election.

Anyone catch the comments on CB... Going to be setup anti Rory now after his comments... Mike Davis will have it tough as possible. Looks more like an British Open vs a US Open... I will take a T to green guy...

Surprised they didn't include a blurp about Bengazi and how Hillary Clinton set it all up. And wooo a minute to showing Easy Rider - Didn't those guys partake in a marijuana joint during the movie ? Not very Conservative in my opinion and not FOX worthy... Besides, how do they even have time for a commercial with all the Clinton Bashing. They are wasting money on her when she has no chance to win. Easy peasy another Bush is going to win it. All depends on who he puts in seat #2. They have more than enough money to buy this election. Anyone catch the comments on CB... Going to be setup anti Rory now after his comments... Mike Davis will have it tough as possible. Looks more like an British Open vs a US Open... I will take a T to green guy...

One of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

Surprised they didn't include a blurp about Bengazi and how Hillary Clinton set it all up. And wooo a minute to showing Easy Rider - Didn't those guys partake in a marijuana joint during the movie ? Not very Conservative in my opinion and not FOX worthy... Besides, how do they even have time for a commercial with all the Clinton Bashing. They are wasting money on her when she has no chance to win. Easy peasy another Bush is going to win it. All depends on who he puts in seat #2. They have more than enough money to buy this election.

WTF is wrong with you???

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadhole

Anyone catch the comments on CB... Going to be setup anti Rory now after his comments... Mike Davis will have it tough as possible. Looks more like an British Open vs a US Open... I will take a T to green guy...

One of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

I didn't much care for the ad - too disjointed, too many hurried clips - plus... What does Easy Rider have to do with the US Open?  A not so subtle dig at legalized marijuana in Washington?  Totally inappropriate!

I also agree that the above post is mostly very weak political rhetoric with no value for this discussion.  When you have nothing pertinent to say, it's best to say nothing. :naughty:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hahahahaha, poor Quadhole. I took his post as slightly tongue in cheek. I didn't think it was anything to get up in arms about.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Hahahahaha, poor Quadhole. I took his post as slightly tongue in cheek. I didn't think it was anything to get up in arms about.

It goes way beyond just tongue in cheek.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Quote:

When you have nothing pertinent to say, it's best to say nothing. :naughty:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

+1.

It goes way beyond just tongue in cheek.

How did you make that determination? :hmm:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Besides, why are you guys talking about politics... This thread is about the US Open..... :dance: I actually hope they set it up for the winner at or near par. That way we can hear the complaints... I will take Justin Rose for a top 5

Several recent posts about politics have been removed. @Quadhole , if you'd like to post about politics, take it to the Grill Room. Any further political posts in this thread will be deleted and the poster will be restricted from the thread.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

So anyway… ;-)

I'm still excited for the tournament. Though I think we could see a pretty fluky winner, unfortunately, just because so many will be unfamiliar with the requirements.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Been a long time since we had a "fluke" champion in a major. Probably Lucas Glover in 2009. I would say Louis Oosthuizen was the last "surprise" champion but I wouldn't classify him a fluke given he's stayed in the top-25 or 30 in the world for some time now. But the champions and the leaderboards over the last 5 years in the majors have been pretty nice.

That being said, I agree you could see some surprise names up there, kinda like 2012 when you had Michael Thompson and John Petersen threatening to win the Championship. I do think if Rory is playing well going in and his driver is on, with his length he is no doubt going to be tough to beat. Only question mark with him will be the putter, but if he's putting for birdies and not for pars, he can get past that a little bit.

Was quite surprised to see the size of the gallery following Tommy Aiken at today's International qualifier. Until I realized that his wife was on the bag and she was wearing yoga pants.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Was quite surprised to see the size of the gallery following Tommy Aiken at today's International qualifier. Until I realized that his wife was on the bag and she was wearing yoga pants.

Wowsers!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Obviously worked for him as he made it in to the US Open in the play-off!

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2015/tournamentid=2015041/leaderboard/index.html

Was quite surprised to see the size of the gallery following Tommy Aiken at today's International qualifier. Until I realized that his wife was on the bag and she was wearing yoga pants.  [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/122443/] [/URL]

That's great hustle!

Riley

Note: This thread is 3225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!