IGNORED

Are you a picker or a digger

disco111
Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a picker or a digger?

• Picker
    • Digger
    • Neither/Both/Other

Digger when playing well, picker when playing like crap.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm a digger...   Once in a while I just feel lost on the course like nothing wants to cooperate-  I fall back on hitting down on the ball and I'm able to get a little feel back somehow.  I take divots with everything from 3 wood to wedges.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I'm a digger...   Once in a while I just feel lost on the course like nothing wants to cooperate-  I fall back on hitting down on the ball and I'm able to get a little feel back somehow.  I take divots with everything from 3 wood to wedges.

3 wood and divots just don't work out for me.

My best shots with irons take a medium divot, about dollar bill size with wedge, less with 3-7 iron. Fairways and hybrids just scuff the turf.

My miss is often thin, but when I really miss bad its fat! :doh:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

I don't dig trenches with the 3 wood, but I definitely hit down on the ball.

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I'm a digger. With my wedges especially, I will unleash some pelts. I do tend to get divots will all of my irons, but bigger ones with shorter clubs.

Myself aswell

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Patrick

I don't dig trenches with the 3 wood, but I definitely hit down on the ball.

same here - when I sweep across a 3 wood - I hit hooks every time - hitting down straightens my ball flight.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Say ClubRat, how does the turf type, (bent, poa, zoyzia, etc,) affect the divot you take?  Mostly where i play i see lots of bermuda grass in various forms and could say that the thick turf keeps the ball up off the soil, and the divot is, in fact, only a bunch of grass blades.  I never see the 'beaver pelts' here.  Seldom, for me, on bermuda, is the divot deep into the root structure and soil.  Same with zoyzia?

It depends on the day. I always try to take a medium size divot, but sometimes I pick the ball and sometimes I go a little too deep.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I am more of a picker than a digger, but occasionally take a divot. I am more likely to do so from the 8 iron down.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Probably somewhere in between.  I used to be exclusively a picker.  But as I have taken more lessons the last few years my swing has changed and I hit more down on the ball. I don't generally take a big divot, more like I mow the grass down to the dirt.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

I'm a digger. Was told as a kid to hit down on the ball. I think I took that advice too literally. My divots are similar to Sergio Garcia's.

Picked both/neither.  With my wedges I'm a digger as I'm trying to hit down on the ball a lot more, but with most of my irons I pick it clean off the ground.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

I'm a serial digger and I am actively working on it.. If there are really wet conditions I'm in trouble as that means fat shot city! Im working on it though, so I need to be proud of who I am until then ;)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

definitely a picker but I'm having difficulty getting my weight forward at impact consistently and feel like once I get that straightened out, I'll be getting some decent divots.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Note: This thread is 2452 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!