IGNORED

2015 WGC Cadillac Match Play Inside the Ropes Pics and Videos

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bradley regretted it and stated so.  But MAJ instigated it and I thought handled it poorly to start. He came off as arrogant.  I saw it live.  I think he was doing a bit of gamesmanship and it got out of hand.

Not sure I agree. Certainly MAJ came over there first but I don't think confirming that he took a correct drop qualifies as instigating. I would consider the standoffish response from Keegan and caddy to be what instigated the whole thing. Then, of course, the "shut up" made it even worse, and Keegan (and especially caddy) response on green when MAJ appeared to be trying to put it to bed the worst of all. 100% speculation on my part, but I'd bet both regret the entire exchange right now and wish it never happened.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's natural to act defensive when another person tells you or your caddy to shutup. Miguel was in the wrong for saying that, Keegan shouldn't have got in his face and his caddy should've stayed out of the entire thing. Of course MAJ is allowed to challenge his opponents drop or have input but you just don't see it very often. All in all it made for some excitement and Todd Lewis from GC looked like he was a kid at a candy shop talking about it. Kinda wish Todd Lewis would've been punched out if it were going to blows...

I don't think Miguel was in the wrong in what he said to the caddy. I would have punched the caddy. Sounded to me like the caddy was mocking him. David Duval just said the same thing. Duval said he would have said worse things than 'shutup.' I think Keegan's caddy and Keegan himself were very immature yesterday. Lost respect for him. He came across a bit bullyish and that rubs me the wrong way.

Yeah, Pepsi was mocking his accent. Here's a better video with sound. https://www.facebook.com/krustcrow/posts/10206549013385640?_rdr

Pepsi is a dick for doing that. I have lost all respect for him and Keegan Bradley.

I think the new putter is messing with Keegan's head.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yeah, Pepsi was mocking his accent. Here's a better video with sound. [URL=https://www.facebook.com/krustcrow/posts/10206549013385640?_rdr]https://www.facebook.com/krustcrow/posts/10206549013385640?_rdr[/URL] Pepsi is a dick for doing that. I have lost all respect for him and Keegan Bradley.

What a sad, childish, pathetic little men.... both Keegan with his 'I am stronger and taller than you old man' attitude and his caddy. Big facepalm.

~Jorrit

Yeah, Pepsi was mocking his accent. Here's a better video with sound. https://www.facebook.com/krustcrow/posts/10206549013385640?_rdr

Pepsi is a dick for doing that. I have lost all respect for him and Keegan Bradley.

I think that is speculation.  I spend a lot of time around family members who have accents and it is very common for someone to respond unknowingly that way.  It is a natural response especially when someone is uncomfortable.

I think the new putter is messing with Keegan's head.

I don't have a problem with the way he responded or the way MAJ questioned the drop.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Yeah, Pepsi was mocking his accent. Here's a better video with sound. [URL=https://www.facebook.com/krustcrow/posts/10206549013385640?_rdr]https://www.facebook.com/krustcrow/posts/10206549013385640?_rdr[/URL] Pepsi is a dick for doing that. I have lost all respect for him and Keegan Bradley.

[quote name="Silent" url="/t/81559/2015-wgc-cadillac-match-play-inside-the-ropes-pics-and-videos/120#post_1136752"] What a sad, childish, pathetic little men.... both Keegan with his 'I am stronger and taller than you old man' attitude and his caddy. Big facepalm.[/quote]Holy shit. That is what it sounded like from that video - and in fact it was the sentence immediately preceding the "shut up." If that's true, then I know pretty much all I need to know about Keegan's caddy at this point. Just ...wow.

Bradley just lost my respect. They both could have handled things better but Keegan really crossed the line when he took the threatening, in your face stance. Big baby and a poor loser. Miguel should have popped him in the chops.

Well he is a Boston sport fan....they in general are a bunch of whiny, excuse making babies with huge egos.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Not sure I agree. Certainly MAJ came over there first but I don't think confirming that he took a correct drop qualifies as instigating. I would consider the standoffish response from Keegan and caddy to be what instigated the whole thing. Then, of course, the "shut up" made it even worse, and Keegan (and especially caddy) response on green when MAJ appeared to be trying to put it to bed the worst of all.

I wonder if the standoffish response had something to do the ruling on 13 earlier in the round.

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/05/02/keegan-bradley-and-miguel-angel-jimenez-nose-to-nose-at-cadillac.html#ooid=t0NGJ1dDrJoBWtOV8akhBwc5ur0hSbo4

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm not really hearing Bradley's caddy talking in an accent. Sounds more like his comment just came out a little weird.  This whole situation was a little classless on both sides but to be honest i enjoyed watching the players getting so competitive.  Usually players seem to be in their own little world when playing but match play seems to get the tensions flying a little--even in a match where both players are already eliminated.

Also, from the cell phone video it sounds like this had been building throughout the round.  The comment for which MAJ told Pepsi to shut up was "you want to delay us some more?" and Keegan had already said that he didnt want a repeat of an earlier dispute (hole 13 i think).  MAJ has every right to question the drop but its rude to tell another adult to "shut up" and there is no reason for Keegan to get in his face to defend his caddy (though i do like that he stood up for his caddy immediately).  The whole thing was just stupid...entertaining and fun to watch...but just stupid

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent

What a sad, childish, pathetic little men.... both Keegan with his 'I am stronger and taller than you old man' attitude and his caddy. Big facepalm.

Holy shit. That is what it sounded like from that video - and in fact it was the sentence immediately preceding the "shut up." If that's true, then I know pretty much all I need to know about Keegan's caddy at this point. Just ...wow.

I've listened to it 10 times. I don't hear a mocking accent.  We need to hear the whole exchange before passing judgement. Keegan should not have lost his cool or got into MAJ's face.  MAJ should not have told the caddie to shut up. I do see MAJ belaboring the point a bit too long considering a rules official was there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Bradley just lost my respect. They both could have handled things better but Keegan really crossed the line when he took the threatening, in your face stance. Big baby and a poor loser. Miguel should have popped him in the chops.

Well he is a Boston sport fan....they in general are a bunch of whiny, excuse making babies with huge egos.

Very mature of you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm not really hearing Bradley's caddy talking in an accent.

I've listened to it 10 times. I don't hear a mocking accent.

I'm having a hard time hearing it as well.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Holy shit. That is what it sounded like from that video - and in fact it was the sentence immediately preceding the "shut up." If that's true, then I know pretty much all I need to know about Keegan's caddy at this point. Just ...wow.

OK, I take this back.  Not because I think he wasn't mocking him or anything - still no idea there - but rather just because it's a bit harsh of me to form a definitive opinion of the guy off of one "heat of the moment" decision.

Lord knows, I've said some things without thinking and then quickly regretted them.  One decision doesn't a personality define. :8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

OK, I take this back.  Not because I think he wasn't mocking him or anything - still no idea there - but rather just because it's a bit harsh of me to form a definitive opinion of the guy off of one "heat of the moment" decision.

Lord knows, I've said some things without thinking and then quickly regretted them.  One decision doesn't a personality define.

Good point. I like and respect both players. I'm certain is was a misunderstanding and got heated because of the situation.  They will put it behind them and so should we.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'm sorry, but this tournament is Dudsville. Seriously, either John Senden, Danny Willett, Timmy Fleetwood or Gary Woodland is going to be in the final? Going to be some thrilling golf tonight. I can't wait (sarcasm off). Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll at least get a Rory-Rickie semifinal tomorrow morning. If Rory weren't still alive, their ratings would be worse than the I Love Lucy re-runs on TV Land.

Note: This thread is 3288 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!