IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes this morning at home still focusing on bowing the wrist and laying down the shaft at the top of the downswing. Follow through of hips forward and head staying back is starting to feel more natural.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 minutes this morning at home still focusing on bowing the wrist and laying down the shaft at the top of the downswing. Follow through of hips forward and head staying back is starting to feel more natural.

Just done my 5 minutes of the above as well. How are you going about bowing the left wrist? It's something that I find really difficult to achieve and wondered what movements/feels you are trying?

Matt

Just done my 5 minutes of the above as well. How are you going about bowing the left wrist? It's something that I find really difficult to achieve and wondered what movements/feels you are trying?

What I do is start the backswing and then I get to the top stop. I then and bow my wrist and lay the shaft down and check the position in the mirror. I focus on the feel and start again and go to A4 and stop. Then when it starts feeling natural and looking good in the mirror, I add a bit of fluidity and go very slowly checking myself at the key points. When I think it looks good and I feel it's getting better, I'll do some video work and add a ball.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

What I do is start the backswing and then I get to the top stop. I then and bow my wrist and lay the shaft down and check the position in the mirror. I focus on the feel and start again and go to A4 and stop. Then when it starts feeling natural and looking good in the mirror, I add a bit of fluidity and go very slowly checking myself at the key points. When I think it looks good and I feel it's getting better, I'll do some video work and add a ball.

Do you think bowing the wrist at the top as opposed to bowing during the backswing is beginning to improve your A4 position?  Maybe this is where I'm going wrong?  During my slow backswing drills, I'm attempting to bow the wrist on the way up so that by the time I get to the top, the clubhead is less open.

Matt

5-10 Mins work in the nets, slow full swings. Still working on getting the left shoulder down and back with a steady head during the backswing.

Chris.:roll:

Keeping my elbows closer together through out my swing

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Worked on right elbow again. Still searching for a feel for the downswing.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

May 23 -

Warmed  up, chipping and putting. Hit a few balls. Played 18 holes. Afterware practiced driver alignment and shoulder rotation, also form work on 9 iron.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Putting on the board for 10 minutes.  Half swings indoors, hip bump and rotation and full, soft arms.  Then increased to fuller swings, easy tempo.  20 minutes.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

• Administrator
5 minutes in a mirror earlier today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Played 18 today. Didn't play very well -- I hit about 6 bunkers, and only 3 GIR + 3 near-GIR. I guess I did use up my good shots at the range earlier in the week ;-) By the end of the round, though, I was hitting my driver great, and finally played #18 the way I've always wanted to play it -- long drive, fairway wood based on lie, pitch to the green. Had a 5' for birdie that I missed. :-(

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Nearly an hour inside just trying to get the pace of my putts down. Need to look for some sort of drills because just trying to feel it wasn't working. Even without worrying about break I would leave about 1 out of 4 outside of gimme range cause I either didn't hit it or blew it past the hole.

Practiced pitching to driver before a round.

Reviewed Aimpoint lesson, practiced more pitching, hit smash bag, The Punisher drill.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Hit balls and got some good downswing work accomplished.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

3 hours on 5/22 at the range trying to hit balls with my improved stance/alignment. Very, very awkward, but I used a camera for the last hour and can see marked improvement in my setup. Starting to feel more natural. Also added distance.

Pitching swings, trying to keep shaft plane more upright after transition, right shoulder staying higher longer.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!