IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Put a ball 10 feet away from the hole, stand 1/3 between the ball and hole, feel the slope, ... .

Did 5 minutes of mirror work today at company gym.

Did you get yourself a level and try and match the feel with the slope or did you do it without a level?

As for me, this morning before work I changed it up a bit and decided to do practice with an 8I.  Same drill, stopping at A4, bowing the wrist, laying the shaft down, going to A6 stopping, checking form, and then going to A9.

I feel a little too dependent upon this. My putting without one has actually gotten worse! I suppose it just takes a lot more time to "learn" the slope. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Took it slow this morning. my allergies are getting to me.

I worked on putting on my mat. Posture, stroke and take away!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I feel a little too dependent upon this. My putting without one has actually gotten worse! I suppose it just takes a lot more time to "learn" the slope. . .

Really?

I'm surprised that it didn't help you discern the feel of the slope.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Quote:

Put a ball 10 feet away from the hole, stand 1/3 between the ball and hole, feel the slope, ... .

Did you get yourself a level and try and match the feel with the slope or did you do it without a level?

Not yet but I used my smart phone"level" app to "match the feel with the slope" and have general idea what 1%, 2%, 3%, 4% ... slopes feel like.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

Quote:

Not yet but I used my smart phone"level" app to "match the feel with the slope" and have general idea what 1%, 2%, 3%, 4% ... slopes feel like.

:offtopic: @rkim291968 , I responded to this in the Aimpoint thread.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/45791/aimpoint-green-reading/700_10

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Since I just joined TST, I obviously can't complete the 5 minute challenge.  But my 5 minute practice today was with emphasis on 3 points of my swing without hitting a ball.  Left knee bend, slow backswing tempo and full wrist hinge.  My biggest problem on the course seems to be weak weight transfer to my left side and these 3 points have the most impact on accomplishing that for me.  The knee bend helps to prepare to 'load' my left side, the slower tempo helps keep me from swinging with my arms, getting ahead of the weight transfer, and feeling the wrist hinge causes a slight delay at the top that helps with starting the downswing with my weight shift first.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Really?

I'm surprised that it didn't help you discern the feel of the slope.

Kind of like rangefinders. If I use one I end up having to use one. I'm going through a 1980's golfing phase and trying to use old stuff and score on an actual scorecard, then enter the junk into my phone app for tracking my statistics.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Went to the range and worked on the cupped wrist and OTT. Got the Driver out and let rip with a few which was quite carthartic. Managed to get good distance but losing valuable extra yards with my poor swing path.

Matt

I made a quick trip to the range early this morning. Working on the hip turn with some full swings. I think my form is getting sloppy and contact was worse than I was hoping. I'll probably spend the next few days doing mirror work to encourage good form.

Worked on aim point reads and putts today.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

20 Mins today in the nets again. Started off poorly, then forced myself to really slow down the swing and concentrate on the priority piece with the driver. This helped a lot.

Chris.:roll:

Spent 10 mins practicing putting in the living room. I've been setting 2 balls a little wider than my putter head and making sure I don't hit either one while making a putting stroke. Today I did this one handed with each hand. The last time I played I was doing a very good job starting my putts online. So I think this is helping.

5 minutes in the yard working on right elbow feels.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Spent an hour at the range working with 3 wood and driver, trying to get rid of my slice. Good news is that when it's straight is pretty far. Bad news is that it's not straight very often.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Went to the range and practiced transition in the downswing, still feels really awkward and I think this one is going to take me a long time to get.

Went to the range today. Worked on my backswing piece, focusing on staying in my spine tilt and straightening the left leg sooner. Also worked on distance wedges, specifically hip turn.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3260 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!