IGNORED

Would you shakes hands with ... ?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgxDdsiXf8U[/VIDEO]
  • Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Urine is pretty sterile so I wouldn't worry.

Now if the guy is dropping deuces in the sand trap and wiping with his hand, I'm just leaving the course.

"Witty golf quote."

Urine is pretty sterile so I wouldn't worry.

Now if the guy is dropping deuces in the sand trap and wiping with his hand, I'm just leaving the course.

I think vomiting would be first

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Wouldn't bother me.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

(Let's keep this light and funny ...)

In a recent round, my playing partners had a bit of drink, and frequently relieved themselves in trees, bushes, etc..  They did a good job saving water, fertilizing the golf course.   Big question to you all ... would you shake their hands at the end of the round?    I carry both gloves.   I will keep my right glove on when I shake their hands, will take off my hat though.

funny...Haha...or funny like a Clown?

A golfer worried about the handshake is the same guy that'd take in in the ass without question.................nothing funny about THAT.  So I am being serious....and funny. Haha

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

In a recent round, my playing partners had a bit of drink, and frequently relieved themselves in trees, bushes, etc..  They did a good job saving water, fertilizing the golf course.   Big question to you all ... would you shake their hands at the end of the round?    I carry both gloves.   I will keep my right glove on when I shake their hands, will take off my hat though.

funny...Haha...or funny like a Clown?

A golfer worried about the handshake is the same guy that'd take in in the ass without question.................nothing funny about THAT.  So I am being serious....and funny. Haha

Your comment is inappropriate.  Please tone it down.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Your comment is inappropriate.  Please tone it down.

Thanks, Scott. He's been placed in the Penalty Box for two days and restricted from this thread.

And, to others who are wondering why his post remains, it's simply our policy. Removing it alters history and is similar to lying, or covering up someone's past behavior, good or bad. I'll let you decide which this is.

And… back on topic, please.

BTW, I'd shake his hand. The chemicals on the golf ball are likely worse, and I've been touching them all day, and the first thing I do after finishing up is wash my hands.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've worked in manufacturing facilities for 35+ years. I've had more nasty stuff on my hands than I care to think about. It is not uncommon to ignore your Mama's command of "wash your hands before you eat" when you're in the middle of a breakdown and grab some food. I really don't get hung up on stuff like this.

Besides, like the old joke goes:

A Sailor and a Marine were standing side by side at the urinals. They both finish up, and the Sailor goes to the sink and washes his hands. The Marine starts to walk out the door. The Sailor calls "Hey, in the Navy they teach us to wash our hands after we pee." The Marine replied "In the Marines, they teach us not to pee on our hands."

How many times have you seen (or done yourself) someone spit on the ball and rub it to clean off the green fertilizer/insecticide from the ball on the putting green. Would you shake their hand after that?

Not shaking wouldn't even cross my mind.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

If i actually remembered what they did, I would be hesitant, but chances are, i would have drank more than them, even though i would have paced myself enough to use the restrooms on the course instead of the nearest tree/shrub/whatever.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I have never figured out what horrible germs collect on my penis and why just on my penis ... with that said, I think we all know washing hands does reduced spreading germs etc ... but in my mind, washing hands after going to the restroom is a good reminder and practice to wash up ... and I probably got more germs on my hands from other surfaces than from my penis ... in fact, maybe I should wash that as well afterwards ... to answer the question, no I probably would not have given it a second thought. I assume since they handled many other objects ... clubs, golf balls, steering wheel on the cart, knob of the ball washer, and the list goes on ... I am all for not spreading germs, and to be a bit selfish here, I am more concerned about my health than yours ... but I think the penis gets the bad rap and blame for some many bad things ... I am more concerned about the guy that coughs, sneezes, or wipes his nose, than I am bout the guy that takes a leak.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I'm not weird about this kind of stuff, but I play with a chef buddy who is a germophobe (probably a good thing) and we just fist bump at the end, don't shake hands.

I've tried that with other folks just to see how they respond, haven't met anyone yet who acts weird when a fist is offered for a bump, rather than a hand shake.

Steve

I would.

even If I didn't scratch my balls during the round I probably used my cell phone with is way more full of of germs than their anus is if they took a load in the rough without toilet paper.

hey even our kitchen spunge is more nasty than our house toilet bowl cleaned and miroir perfect (I have read on science magazines).

how about the peanuts at the bar do you eat those ? probably twice as easy as your kitchen spunge.

who cares ? health is not in super clean (allergy is though). It's in super boiled food such as pasteurized (from nicolas "pasteur" a french man who discovered germs and their weakness to heat). even though pasturisend is still more of an industrial argument because of the shelf life extension of stock. Actually pasteur found really that cleaning dishes in hot water was great at killing gems (here we are again with the spunge). 20 years of life expentacie was gained just by dishing with hot water. (scientific volgarisiation wise).

still that sponge is a mess.

buy organic sponges from greece (the original spunge is a living seawater being, reallly, it cleans better too)

I have never figured out what horrible germs collect on my penis and why just on my penis ... with that said, I think we all know washing hands does reduced spreading germs etc ... but in my mind, washing hands after going to the restroom is a good reminder and practice to wash up ... and I probably got more germs on my hands from other surfaces than from my penis ... in fact, maybe I should wash that as well afterwards ...

to answer the question, no I probably would not have given it a second thought. I assume since they handled many other objects ... clubs, golf balls, steering wheel on the cart, knob of the ball washer, and the list goes on ...

I am all for not spreading germs, and to be a bit selfish here, I am more concerned about my health than yours ... but I think the penis gets the bad rap and blame for some many bad things ... I am more concerned about the guy that coughs, sneezes, or wipes his nose, than I am bout the guy that takes a leak.

I've always said pretty much the same thing....I know exactly where IT has been all day - safely tucked in my pants.  My hands, in the meantime, have touched all kinds of dirty, germy things - so truthfully, it would probably be a better thing to wash my hands before I use the restroom!

So yeah...I'd shake his hand and not even think twice about it.  After both of us spending the entire round handling golf balls that have been rolling around in fertilizer, pesticide, goose crap and whatever else, the fact that he may have gotten a drop of pee on his hand is probably the least of my worries. :-)

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I would. even If I didn't scratch my balls during the round I probably used my cell phone with is way more full of of germs than their anus is if they took a load in the rough without toilet paper. hey even our kitchen spunge is more nasty than our house toilet bowl cleaned and miroir perfect (I have read on science magazines). how about the peanuts at the bar do you eat those ? probably twice as easy as your kitchen spunge. who cares ? health is not in super clean (allergy is though). It's in super boiled food such as pasteurized (from nicolas "pasteur" a french man who discovered germs and their weakness to heat). even though pasturisend is still more of an industrial argument because of the shelf life extension of stock. Actually pasteur found really that cleaning dishes in hot water was great at killing gems (here we are again with the spunge). 20 years of life expentacie was gained just by dishing with hot water. (scientific volgarisiation wise). still that sponge is a mess. buy organic sponges from greece (the original spunge is a living seawater being, reallly, it cleans better too)

What the hell have you been doing with your cell phone?????

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Even as somewhat of a germaphobe, this wouldn't bother me. Refusing to shake someone's hand after a round of golf would be rude and awkward.

Jon

I've always believed that more people get sick because of the worry-induced stress these things cause than from the thing they are worrying about.

I agree.  Plus, we have to remember that we build resistance by being exposed to the germs, not isolating ourselves from them.

Note: This thread is 3289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!