IGNORED

Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn Break Up

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/vonn-announces-she-and-woods-have-split/ [QUOTE]Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn are no longer a couple. Both Woods and Vonn released separate statements Sunday saying that they have mutually decided to split up after nearly three years of dating. “I have great admiration, respect and love for Lindsey and I’ll always cherish our time together," Woods wrote in a statement on his website. "She has been amazing with Sam and Charlie and my entire family. “Unfortunately, we lead very hectic lives and are both competing in demanding sports. It’s difficult to spend time together.” [/QUOTE] They were doing this: [CONTENTEMBED=/t/65592/tiger-and-lindsey-vonn-are-dating layout=block][/CONTENTEMBED] They were apparently never doing this: [CONTENTEMBED=/t/80062/tiger-woods-and-lindsey-vonn-getting-married layout=block][/CONTENTEMBED]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2015/05/03/122070144/a-personal-message-from-tiger/ Damn I messed up Lindsey's name in the title. And I'm late. Sorry! :-( Continue discussion here. http://thesandtrap.com/t/81774/tiger-woods-and-lindsey-vonn-break-up

Reminds me a lot of Rory-Wozniaki. I think Wozniaki took away some of Rory's playing and practice time away just like Vonn took away some of Tiger's practice time. It's no coincidence that over the last two months Tiger's done nothing but practice his tail off and now the two are breaking up. Sometimes when you're a star and you're dating another "star", it's hard to commit to one thing.

I actually think this is a good thing for "Tiger the golfer". Look for him to now pay more attention to golf and I expect very good results going forward. Tiger will now be a much more focused player much like Rory was after his breakup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post

Reminds me a lot of Rory-Wozniaki. I think Wozniaki took away some of Rory's playing and practice time away just like Vonn took away some of Tiger's practice time. It's no coincidence that over the last two months Tiger's done nothing but practice his tail off and now the two are breaking up. Sometimes when you're a star and you're dating another "star", it's hard to commit to one thing.

I actually think this is a good thing for "Tiger the golfer". Look for him to now pay more attention to golf and I expect very good results going forward. Tiger will now be a much more focused player much like Rory was after his breakup.

If I remember Rory dumped Wozniaki over the phone,

Quote:
The paper said McIlroy “called off his engagement with Caroline Wozniacki by telephone.” It also reported the call came “less than a day after telling her how much he loved her, it was three-minute conversation she thought was a joke.”

To me this sounds like a mutual separation and doesn't seem anything like the Rory and Wozniaki break.

I do agree it does seem a bit auspicious that Tiger wants to ramp up his summer schedule and he might think it best, or heck maybe it is Vonn who wanted more and Tiger would not bend his schedule to compromise.

Either way it might be a good sign for Tiger's golf game.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It's got to be tough to be such a public figure that you have to release a statement to update everyone about ending a relationship. Best of luck to both of them.

Merged a few threads together.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I hear Amanda Dufner is available....

Buehler? Buehler?  er, Tiger..

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I hear Amanda Dufner is available....

Buehler? Buehler?  er, Tiger..

If I were Tiger, I'd be finding her. Oh can you imagine the Golf Drama that would cause.

Y'all are totally off. Woods is pissed about what she said about golf on Fallon. :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Lindsey found one too many Perkins receipts in Tiger's pockets?

Decision was mutual. Seeing as how her hubby cheated on her I do not think she would agree to say it was mutual if he was cheating on her. Give me a break pal.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Decision was mutual. Seeing as how her hubby cheated on her I do not think she would agree to say it was mutual if he was cheating on her. Give me a break pal.

dude, you know too much information 'bout Tiger and his chick.

dude, you know too much information 'bout Tiger and his chick.

And all you ever post about is Tiger practically. That stuff is common knowledge. What do I know? Vonn had her first husband cheat on her and was vocal about Tiger negatively back in 2009.

• Upvote 1

If I were Tiger, I'd be finding her. Oh can you imagine the Golf Drama that would cause.

Amanda needs to go blonde for that to happen.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Time demands for athletes of their caliber has to be immense so it's not a surprise that it didn't work out.  I think they'd both like to have someone supportive around them all time while they are in training and that's not possible unless one of them gives up their career.  I wish them both the best.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3215 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!