IGNORED

Caitlyn Jenner on Cover of Vanity Fair

Mr. Desmond
Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Foxy ....

• Nooooooooooooo
    • Hot
    • Nooooooooooooooooooooooo,
    • It his/her business and I'd rather not talk about it or see it
    • A little masculine but not bad

I didn't vote because none of the options reflected my opinion.

I knew that I should have consulted you! :doh:

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that I should have consulted you!  :doh:

Next time. ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have to admit that I was taken aback a bit when I saw the photo.  My wife watches the Kardashian garbage so I've been peripherally aware of Bruce/Caitlyn's impending transition - even sat down and watched the Barbara Walters interview just out of curiosity - but all along the biggest thought in my head was "Man, he's going to make a ghastly looking woman!".  Sure, there's a lot of Photoshop touch-up work done to that image, but in all honesty, 'Caitlyn' is a lot more attractive than I thought 'she' would be.  I don't know that "Hot" would exactly convey my thoughts, but it was about the closest thing, so that was my vote.

I used to have very strong negative opinions about things like this (gender/sexuality issues, that is).  As I've aged and mellowed, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't affect my life in any way, but it may have a profound effect upon their happiness and their very existence, so live and let live.  Life's a lot more enjoyable when you're not walking around looking for things to be pissed off at / offended by.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I have to admit that I was taken aback a bit when I saw the photo.  My wife watches the Kardashian garbage so I've been peripherally aware of Bruce/Caitlyn's impending transition - even sat down and watched the Barbara Walters interview just out of curiosity - but all along the biggest thought in my head was "Man, he's going to make a ghastly looking woman!".  Sure, there's a lot of Photoshop touch-up work done to that image, but in all honesty, 'Caitlyn' is a lot more attractive than I thought 'she' would be.  I don't know that "Hot" would exactly convey my thoughts, but it was about the closest thing, so that was my vote. I used to have very strong negative opinions about things like this (gender/sexuality issues, that is).  As I've aged and mellowed, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't affect my life in any way, but it may have a profound effect upon their happiness and their very existence, so live and let live.  Life's a lot more enjoyable when you're not walking around looking for things to be pissed off at / offended by.

Yep. My checklist is simple: 1. Doesn't hurt me or interfere with my ability to find happiness. Check. 2. Doesn't hurt anyone else but greatly improved someone else's ability to find happiness. Check. Must be a good thing!

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

People who care about someone's decisions like this don't matter and people that matter in the persons life don't care.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I have to admit that I was taken aback a bit when I saw the photo.  My wife watches the Kardashian garbage so I've been peripherally aware of Bruce/Caitlyn's impending transition - even sat down and watched the Barbara Walters interview just out of curiosity - but all along the biggest thought in my head was "Man, he's going to make a ghastly looking woman!".  Sure, there's a lot of Photoshop touch-up work done to that image, but in all honesty, 'Caitlyn' is a lot more attractive than I thought 'she' would be.  I don't know that "Hot" would exactly convey my thoughts, but it was about the closest thing, so that was my vote.

I used to have very strong negative opinions about things like this (gender/sexuality issues, that is).  As I've aged and mellowed, I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't affect my life in any way, but it may have a profound effect upon their happiness and their very existence, so live and let live.  Life's a lot more enjoyable when you're not walking around looking for things to be pissed off at / offended by.

What a great post!

Vishal S.

Good post. I also can't stand the Kardashian bs and would rather hit a bucket full of shanks than watch an episode of their show but the Bruce/Caitlyn stuff is a different thing. Some people think it's a publicity stunt which I disagree with, I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make but it gives you an insight to how "trapped" he felt in his body. Like @Ernest Jones 's said, if it helps her find happiness then that's a good thing.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I honestly don't believe for even a second that it's a publicity stunt.  Firstly, it would take a pretty sick person to do something that permanent and life-altering just for an extra 15 minutes of fame.  There would be a lot of other ways to keep yourself in the spotlight (if that was all you truly wanted) that are far less irreversible and controversial.  Secondly, after watching the interview with Diane Sawyer (I mistakenly said Barbara Walters in the previous post) , it was obvious that this is something he had been fighting his entire life and had caused him a lot of pain.  Even the decision itself was painful, as he knew he would face public ridicule and maybe even rejection by his own family.  I can't even pretend to understand what it would be like to have to make such a decision.  I'm sure it's very bittersweet, but in the interview he also expressed enormous relief that he was finally getting the weight off his shoulders and becoming what he had felt was his true self all along.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Bruce Jenners transformation from man to woman should give inspiration to every 30 handicaper who wants to transform towards scratch or better. What seems impossible can be done with medications and makeover. Maybe all I need is some testosterone hormones to help me with my drives and beta blockers for my putting and some good instruction

meh ... whatever.     Seems a bit odd to me at his/her age ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

This is absolutely a publicity play. He didn't have to do the Sawyer interview or this cover. To be fair, I'm sure with his exposure on that reality show, he was getting hammered by media outlets to do stuff like this and he finally gave in. I don't believe his transformation was done solely for pub, but there is no question that he enjoys the spotlight. I do hope he finds some sort of peace in this; he was a big hero of mine as a kid. I've read that often these things don't turn out well. The mental issues that drive these sort of decisions are typically far deeper than this change can overcome.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

This is absolutely a publicity play. He didn't have to do the Sawyer interview or this cover. To be fair, I'm sure with his exposure on that reality show, he was getting hammered by media outlets to do stuff like this and he finally gave in. I don't believe his transformation was done solely for pub, but there is no question that he enjoys the spotlight. I do hope he finds some sort of peace in this; he was a big hero of mine as a kid. I've read that often these things don't turn out well. The mental issues that drive these sort of decisions are typically far deeper than this change can overcome.

I agree. He could easily avoid most of the publicity if he wanted to. He certainly doesn't need to be actively giving interviews or appearing on magazine covers.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I agree.

He could easily avoid most of the publicity if he wanted to. He certainly doesn't need to be actively giving interviews or appearing on magazine covers.

I think....

Once you are in the limelight, no matter how weird, and with the Kardashians, it's weird, and with his secrets even weirder, I'm sure the weird become your normal world, and publicity seems the natural, almost normal thing to do -- in his world.

To drop into a normal world would be ... abnormal for him/her ... as they do not live in what we would call a "normal" world.

I am waiting on the inevitable march on Washington by the LGBT community to demand their own restrooms.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I think....

Once you are in the limelight, no matter how weird, and with the Kardashians, it's weird, and with his secrets even weirder, I'm sure the weird become your normal world, and publicity seems the natural, almost normal thing to do -- in his world.

To drop into a normal world would be ... abnormal for him/her ... as they do not live in what we would call a "normal" world.

I am waiting on the inevitable march on Washington by the LGBT community to demand their own restrooms.

Now, wouldn't that be counter productive to their quest of integration?

Vishal S.

Wait for it .....

Wait....

Caitlyn Jenner is hotter than Jessica Lange?

(sorry, thedailybeast.com had this picture)

Let's compare apples to apples, errrr, Photoshopped to Photoshopped :-)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

It's absolutely a publicity play, but that doesn't mean it's a negative thing, guys.

Sometimes an actor or actress will do publicity to raise awareness for their charity. Is that a negative thing? So why can't this be a "publicity play" that's positive?

Eyed, man, I hope nobody you ever love or care about is ever addicted to anything, is homosexual, is conflicted about their gender identity, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Agreed. If you want to begin acceptance of LGBT, I think Jenner is doing this correctly and bravely. He is/was an American icon, and more readily accepted by the American public, We remember the Decathlon . He believes that he can help open the door wider for acceptance of LGBT, so it is "easier" for others -- good for Jenner. You've got to be who you are to find peace.

Jenner has known his authentic self, and now he gets to live it.

Agreed. If you want to begin acceptance of LGBT, I think Jenner is doing this correctly and bravely. He is/was an American icon, and more readily accepted by the American public, We remember the Decathlon . He believes that he can help open the door wider for acceptance of LGBT, so it is "easier" for others -- good for Jenner. You've got to be who you are to find peace. Jenner has known his authentic self, and now he gets to live it.

Good post. Too bad none of the poll options reflected this kind of thinking.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!