IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Sure that is why the one kid said his parents liked Trump yet he didn't? ;-) Why try to stomp down on the view of kids man, your just cruel. They are people too. :-P

I think kids honestly told it how it was, to pull a phrase from those who support Trump ;)

They saw how Trump acted and pegged him accurately. That back and forth between Cruz and Trump. I could see that being an argument between 10 year olds on who gets to watch the TV next. 

I think the kids are a good judge of character. They see a mean bully and called him out on how he acted. 

To me it's just the election year version of Art Linkletter's "Kids Say the Darndest Things".  I guess they weren't shown any video of Cruz and Rubio ganging up on Trump.  I would imagine that the same sort of reactions could be had by cherry picking video footage from any of the debates with any of the candidates on either side.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haven't seen much if anything praising the Romney whatever you want to call it. Just as many headlines about his heckler as the content. Most of it pointing out the hypocritical and quirky 2012 parallels that led to his losing the GE. A vapid lecture from someone that mishandled the nomination suggesting how to right the ship is totally off course.

Dave :-)

I lost all respect for Romney, you could tell he was just a puppet for the RNC.  It completely discredits Rubio and demonstrates Rubio isn't tough enough to take on Trump without help.  I think most people will see this for the all out attack it was on Trump by the establishment and make Trump even more popular.  

I'd also say this breaks the pledge Trump took to endorse the RNC candidate and frees him to run on his own, which kills the republicans chances of winning.  

Joe Paradiso

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I'd also say this breaks the pledge Trump took to endorse the RNC candidate and frees him to run on his own, which kills the republicans chances of winning.  

I would have to agree.  It was something like he promises that if he loses the nomination he wouldn't run as an independent in the general and he'd endorse the Republican candidate, right?  A "non-compete" basically, with a little extra thrown in.  This thing with Romney reminds me of that old saying ... "you scratch my back, and I'll scra kick you in the nuts."

Also reminds me of something I read yesterday where Disney (and apparently lots of big corporations have done this) has been hiring cheap young labor and firing their older experienced employees but then making them train their replacements first.

1 minute ago, Golfingdad said:

I would have to agree.  It was something like he promises that if he loses the nomination he wouldn't run as an independent in the general and he'd endorse the Republican candidate, right?  A "non-compete" basically, with a little extra thrown in.  This thing with Romney reminds me of that old saying ... "you scratch my back, and I'll scra kick you in the nuts."

Also reminds me of something I read yesterday where Disney (and apparently lots of big corporations have done this) has been hiring cheap young labor and firing their older experienced employees but then making them train their replacements first.

Yeah, I think the RNC thought Trump would get bored and back out or his popularity would fizzle but it hasn't.  I never would have guessed he lasted this long.  The RNC is lost on how to deal with him and scared he will ruin their career politician club.

Unfortunately a lot of companies are doing what Disney is, my cousin was laid off from an financial firm and his severance package was tied to training his younger and lower cost replacement.   I know that some believe the economy is doing well but when you look at what businesses are doing to maintain their net profit  it would seem something is still very wrong with the economy. 

Joe Paradiso

8 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Unfortunately a lot of companies are doing what Disney is, my cousin was laid off from an financial firm and his severance package was tied to training his younger and lower cost replacement.   I know that some believe the economy is doing well but when you look at what businesses are doing to maintain their net profit  it would seem something is still very wrong with the economy. 

The problem isn't that the labor is young, it's that it's H1B, cheap labor.  I'm in the same boat.  This is why I cannot support Rubio, who advocated for tripling the # of H1Bs, while 94MM Americans are out of work.

The economy is in the ditch, it's the slowest recovery since the Great Depression.  Obviously, Obama has no clue how to fix it and never did, he's an idealogue, and that's all he is or has ever been.  

So, I actually can't blame him.  I blame the feckless Republicans in Congress, as do many millions of Republicans, which is why Trump is a factor in this race.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

10 minutes ago, Gunther said:

The problem isn't that the labor is young, it's that it's H1B, cheap labor.  I'm in the same boat.  This is why I cannot support Rubio, who advocated for tripling the # of H1Bs, while 94MM Americans are out of work.

Where does this number come from?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

16 minutes ago, Gunther said:

94MM Americans are out of work.

6 minutes ago, jamo said:

Where does this number come from?

I'm wondering as well.  Quick search yielded just over 300 million or so Americans alive.  80 million, roughly, 18 and under, and 25 million roughly 70 and over.

That leaves about 200 million people of "working age" which would mean that nearly ONE HALF of them are unemployed.  That doesn't quite smell right.

(Unless you're counting people like me who are actually AT work, but aren't currently DOING any work - then that number might be right. :-P)

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Gunther said:

while 94MM Americans are out of work.

How many of them are dead? Cuz that's the only way that number even starts to make sense.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Unless you're counting people like me who are actually AT work, but aren't currently DOING any work - then that number might be right. :-P)

Me too.  :beer:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

The amount (not seasonally adjusted) of Americans not in the labor force in April rose to 92,594,000, almost 1 million more than the previous month. In March, 91,630,000 Americans were not in the labor force, which includes an aging population that is continuing to head into retirement.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/02/report-more-than-92-million-americans-remain-out-of-labor-force/

Not sure how accurate is this figure.

Here's the official information:

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

6 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Thank you sir.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Thank you sir.

The article also has this:

The number of unemployed Americans decreased by 733,000 to 9.8 million last month.

"Out of work" means unemployed, which doesn't include a two-year-old. Nobody says a two-year-old, or a 92-year-old, are "out of work."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

The article also has this:

"Out of work" means unemployed, which doesn't include a two-year-old. Nobody says a two-year-old, or a 92-year-old, are "out of work."

It also sources this paper: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf, which starts with:

Both the number of unemployed persons, at 7.8 million, and the unemployment rate, at 4.9 percent, changed little in January

"Out of the labor force" is pretty meaningless statistic if its 80-90% made up of people who don't want to (or can't) be in the work force.

12 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

"Out of the labor force" is pretty meaningless statistic if its 80-90% made up of people who don't want to (or can't) be in the work force.

If you look at Table A. It's indented to be under "Civilian noninstitutional population". 

Not in the labor force (Current Population Survey)
Includes persons aged 16 years and older in the civilian noninstitutional population who are neither employed nor unemployed in accordance with the definitions contained in this glossary.

That is 93 million people are above the age of 16, not an inmate, not on active duty in the military, who are not in the labor force. 

NITWF.JPG

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The problem with the liberal media.  

The reason the number of unemployed has dropped is because people dropped off the unemployment payroll, i.e., their benefits have expired.  A few years ago, people were on unemployment for up to 99 weeks.  While they collected, they counted towards the unemployment rate.  Once they drop off they do not.  Those extensions were ceased by the Feds in 2013 so there's only 6 mos of benefits allowed now; hence, the lower rate.

Bottom line, labor participation rate is at the lowest levels since the 70s and has been for a few years now. This economy us in very bad shape and the Republicans in Congress haven't done a damn thing.

3 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Bottom line, labor participation rate is at the lowest levels since the 70s and has been for a few years now. This economy us in very bad shape and the Republicans in Congress haven't done a damn thing.

You can just take out the words, "the Republicans in" and it's more accurate :-P

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2977 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!