IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note:Β This thread is 2979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

:doh:

Β 

Β 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Absolutely.

Driver - Nike Vapor Speed adjustableΒ 
Irons - Ping i3+ orange dot 2-PW
Hybrid - Nike Vrs Covert Tour adjustableΒ 
Woods - Titleist 910fd 3,Β 5 adjustableΒ 
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 50, 54, 56, 58Β 
Putter - Nike Method Concept

30 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Β 

Β 

Those Dutch better take control of their country!

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5Β° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15Β° wood, Callaway XR 19Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24Β 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47Β°/12Β°, Cleveland REG 588 52Β°/08Β°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56Β°/13Β°, 60Β°/10Β°,Β Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Β 

Β 

Sensationalism, exaggeration, what else is new?Β Β 

Β 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Β 

Β 

Hahaha... this man brings stupid to a whole new level. What a joke...

~Jorrit

Β 

Another sign of the coming politicalΒ Apocalypse:

I’m Jared Taylor with American Renaissance ( a white supremacist PAC),” he says on the Β (robocall for Trump)Β call, which was first flagged by Talking Points Memo. β€œI urge you to vote for Donald Trump because he is the one candidate who points out that we should support immigrants who are good for America. β€œWe don’t need Muslims. We need smart, well-educated white people who will assimilate to our culture. Vote Trump.”

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

On 1/11/2016 at 6:08 AM, Mr. Desmond said:

Β 

Another sign of the coming politicalΒ Apocalypse:

I’m Jared Taylor with American Renaissance ( a white supremacist PAC),” he says on the Β (robocall for Trump)Β call, which was first flagged by Talking Points Memo. β€œI urge you to vote for Donald Trump because he is the one candidate who points out that we should support immigrants who are good for America. β€œWe don’t need Muslims. We need smart, well-educated white people who will assimilate to our culture. Vote Trump.”

Apocalypse for the GOP unless they get rid of Trump.Β Β  I am still amazed that (now) 40% of GOP are supporting Trump.Β  GOP America is sicker than I imagined.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I am gonna laugh my ass off when he is elected and everyone here shits bricks

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

19 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

Apocalypse for the GOP unless they get rid of Trump.Β Β  I am still amazed that (now) 40% of GOP are supporting Trump.Β  GOP America is sicker than I imagined.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

35%. It's interesting to see as the others drop out who they support. Also you have to ask yourself who are they polling? It's just the GOP polling. Also, those Trump support are most vocal. I say that % is lower, maybe the high 20's at best if you consider the republicans who are smart.Β 

Besides that, how many republicans will just not vote if Trump gets nominated. I forsee a good chunk of the independent vote going away from Trump because they don't fit his demographic.Β 

Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Well, I can't say that I especially favor The Donald, but like most who do, I'm so disgusted with the status quo in Washington that he just might get my vote if he is nominated. Β It's clear that a lot of his popularity comes from those like me who are so disillusioned with the political machine that they will grasp almost any straw that just might shake up the establishment. Β Hillary is just going along with politics as usual, and I'm not sure that this year is going to work that way. Β 

I can't say anything for sure - Lord knows I'm about as apolitical as a person who votes regularly can be, but I can say that I have more interest in the procedure right now than I have had in many years.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Hate to say it folks, really do, but Trump is our next prez. Β Never been someone so immune to the leftist destruction machine. Β They can't touch him, which means the GOP establishment has NO shot to derail him either, although both will continue to try.

As I've said, Hillary is unelectable for many reasons. Β That same leftist machine is now realizing it and is helping hammer nails in her coffin of late so she won't even beat Bernie. Β On top of that I'm starting to believe DoJ will indict which gladdens me so, so much. Β Been a great start to 2016.

Bernie is a loon, he's got no shot in a general election.

Ergo, Trump is the guy. Β This doesn't please me as much as the Hillary indictment but I can live with it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

It's like picking the worst of the lot b/c you don't like what you had before.Β Β  That's an emotional choice, not based on whatΒ  makes sense.Β  In golf term, it's like teeing off with a putter b/c you can't hit with any other club longer than that.Β Β  ;-)Β Β 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Gotta say I'm with @GuntherΒ here. Strip away the actual platform and policy positions, but I am not seeing any of the Republican contenders being able to match Trump. Oddly, I think only Chris Christie could get the moxie, but he hasn't gained traction. That has surprised me, but he does have baggage.

For the ruthless image that Cruz has, he just appears small when compared to Trump. Trump wins that battle, I think. Rubio just comes off lightweight. Bush, a joke. Nobody else is credible.Β Again, not policies. Strictly force of personality and aura.

Then in the general election, Clinton might get obliterated. She might be the one candidate on the planet more despised than Trump. Β Trump is upbeat, optimistic, appeals to young people, and he has a Teflon quality (similar to what I saw in Reagan and Obama). Trump fans are big time Trump supporters.

Clinton is comparatively defensive, lacking in charisma, and will not generate much enthusiasm. If she wins, it would be strictly through the political machine carrying her over the finish line.

Trump is not my guy (but I do like that he would blow up the status quo. It's past time for that), but my honest assessment right now is that 2016Β is his to lose. No matter what the establishment politicians and media tryΒ to do. Β I could be monumentally wrong. He's a crash and burn kinda guy, so anything could happen.

I comfort myself that we still haveΒ the US Constitution. For those who think that's antiquated, I think you'll become familiar with it again.:beer:Β Come join me in limited federal powers, more state and local rights.

Β 

Β 

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

On 1/13/2016 at 5:54 PM, Gunther said:

Hate to say it folks, really do, but Trump is our next prez. Β Never been someone so immune to the leftist destruction machine. Β They can't touch him, which means the GOP establishment has NO shot to derail him either, although both will continue to try.

As I've said, Hillary is unelectable for many reasons. Β That same leftist machine is now realizing it and is helping hammer nails in her coffin of late so she won't even beat Bernie. Β On top of that I'm starting to believe DoJ will indict which gladdens me so, so much. Β Been a great start to 2016.

Bernie is a loon, he's got no shot in a general election.

Ergo, Trump is the guy. Β This doesn't please me as much as the Hillary indictment but I can live with it.

I think no -Β  Trump has no chance to be president.Β  Even though he is starting to build some hesitant support within the GOP, he is loathed by Independents and Democrats. Β  So, even if he got 60% of the Republican vote which, at this point, I think even that would would be stretch, he'd still lose because he'd only get around 10% of the votes from other parties. Β Β 

According to the latest pollings, his current approval ratings with Republicans is +27, with Independents, -27 and with Dems, -70.

It would be almost impossible to win an election unless things dramatically change for him in all the parties.Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Columns written by Republicans about two leading candidates.

Trump? No.

"Even more disqualifying is Mr. Trump’s temperament. He is erratic, inconsistent and unprincipled. He possesses a streak of crudity and cruelty that manifested itself in how he physically mocked a Times journalist with a disability, ridiculed Senator John McCain for being a P.O.W., made a reference to β€œblood” intended to degrade a female journalist and compared one of his opponents to a child molester.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/opinion/campaign-stops/why-i-will-never-vote-for-donald-trump.html?emc=edit_ty_20160114&nl=opinion&nlid=50937840

Cruz? No.

This should tell you all you need to know about Cruz:

"In 1997, Michael Wayne Haley was arrested after stealing a calculator from Walmart. This was a crime that merited a maximum two-year prison term. But prosecutors incorrectly applied a habitual offender law. Neither the judge nor the defense lawyer caught the error and Haley was sentenced to 16 years.

Eventually, the mistake came to light and Haley tried to fix it. Ted Cruz was solicitor general of Texas at the time. Instead of just letting Haley go for time served, Cruz took theΒ case to the Supreme CourtΒ to keep Haley in prison for the full 16 years.

Some justices were skeptical. β€œIs there some rule that you can’t confess error in your state?” JusticeΒ Anthony Kennedy asked. The court system did finally let Haley out of prison, after six years."

Ted Cruz is now running strongly among evangelical voters, especially in Iowa. But in his career and public presentation Cruz is a stranger to most of what would generally be considered the Christian virtues: humility, mercy, compassion and grace. Cruz’s behavior in the Haley case is almost the dictionary definition of pharisaism: an overzealous application of the letter of the law in a way that violates the spirit of the law, as well as fairness and mercy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/12/opinion/the-brutalism-of-ted-cruz.html?action=click&contentCollection=opinion&module=NextInCollection&region=Footer&pgtype=article&version=column&rref=collection%2Fcolumn%2Fdavid-brooks

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

I had thought that he might fade by now. Β  A lot of people would have. Β  He has a vocal, seemingly loyal, following. Β  He might get the nomination, especially with a large number of candidates to split the vote. Β  However to win a general election is a lot tougher. Β  I won't inject my own politics here, but it's safe to say that a large portion of people in the US don't agree with him. Β I've not seen a serious candidate be treated with such disdain in so many outlets. Β Β 

If he wins the nomination he faces taking that appeal to the general public of which you have Independents and disgruntled Democrats who might or might not vote for him. Β  Also the Republicans who do not like him have the option of not voting at all. Β 

Based on his poll numbers he is the largest minority of voters in the Republican party, but still a minority. Β  He's a polarizing figure which can both get certain segments to sit out an election, while encouraging others to participate. Β I don't think the numbers work for him in the general election unless Hilary stumbles.

β€”Adam

Β 

Ask Trump about what he will do and all he has is, "I will make great deals." Not a single concrete position regarding the issues has been put forth. So it's KISS (Keep it simple, stupid), which apparently sells in America these days. Nobody has challenged his spotty business record, his pathetic moral compass or anything else he has said during his misogynist, xenophobic, jingoistic campaign.

Obama has given usΒ seven years of considered nuance regarding policyΒ (not so much lately as he goes on hisΒ I-don't-give-a-****" tour),Β and it has become obvious that our government in general only responds to corporations and the moneyed class so I can almost understand how Trump resonates. But when he says, " I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters", you have to wonder what he will feel empowered to do as POTUS.

I always though that he considered this as a self-promoting lark and that he never really thought it possible. But now that it is actually in his sights, and he realizes that he can do or say no wrong with a lot of the electorate, I think he is becoming dangerous.

Β 

Edited by phan52

Bill M

Note:Β This thread is 2979 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!