IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My guess is Obama chose not to release it for good reason. Interesting as it may be things like that have a tendency to get people running for their pitch folks. DT could just as easily see it and make the same decision. He has no idea if it would be appropriate to release sensitive info he hasn't seen. I view remarks like that as unnecessary show blabbering.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, k-troop said:

What I don't like about Trump:  well, basically all of the arrogant racist BS that constantly spews forth from his pie-hole.

This is basically what everyone hates about Trump as well. However, I'm not so sure he's any more racist than most of the other politicians, he's just more open about everything he believes and doesn't look at being "politically correct". He doesn't need to watch everything he says because I believe that's the extent of his "bigotry".

He doesn't seem to discriminate about who he discriminates against. . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/donald-trump-is-a-bigot-and-a-racist/2015/12/01/a2a47b96-9872-11e5-8917-653b65c809eb_story.html

Trump in this campaign has gone after African Americans, immigrants, Latinos, Asians, women, Muslims and now the disabled.

If you look at his statements against let's say in regard to Asians. . .

http://gothamist.com/2015/08/27/trump_asians_deal.php

The context was that Jeb Bush wouldn't know how to handle that situation. He wasn't mocking Asians just to mock them, and I don't actually find what he said and how he said it personally offensive. My Chinese friends just laughed when I showed it to them.

My personal experience with racism? So, I've been in actual racist situations, and to be honest more than 3/4 of them were not with White conservatives. For instance, I have a couple co-workers who profess to be liberal leaning democrats and make Asian mocking sounds all the time. Only when I am around of course, and I don't really care that much. Just a memory stuck in my mind, so I can write about it in places like here. Well, one day they accidentally did this in the presence of one of the Asian PhD's. Of course, he's a lot younger than me and complained about this behavior to human resources. So, they are more careful about who's around when they do it, but they still do it whenever they can. They even taught a young intern/employee to do the same thing. Really strange. I guess they do it "because they can".

Racism was bothersome to me at first. Now, I just laugh at it. You really can't do anything about what other people think. Doesn't matter what race they are, I've experienced racist behavior from people of every race even my own. Racism is rampant within every group, and just needs to be addressed on an individual basis. If you see someone of your own race making racist comments, it's up to you to recommend that they stop it. It's something everyone should prevent on an individual basis. No law will keep people from thinking whatever they want.

I think it's great that so many people are concerned that Donald makes a lot of statements that are somewhat bigoted, but the bottom line is he seems to be what's good for this country. Rubio and Cruz are not really electable, because there is still an undercurrent of racism in the GOP. On top of this, I'm not that sure Cruz and Rubio are not racist themselves? No idea?

As far as Hillary? Not sure she would be any less racist than Trump, really.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/donald-trump-utilizes-racism-_b_8756816.html

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/hillary-clinton-calls-donald-trump-a-racist-and-trump-fires-back-in-an-epic-way/

http://conservativetribune.com/hillary-racist-comment/

http://www.racismreview.com/blog/2015/04/12/hillary-clinton-good-for-white-feminism/

Bernie Sanders is probably the least racist, but looks upon racism from a observer's point of view. He is too detached from it to understand it. http://www.salon.com/2015/07/07/the_truth_about_bernie_sanders_race_why_his_biggest_weakness_could_become_his_greatest_strength/

Plus, Bernie doesn't stand a chance against Hillary.

Better to just align with people who share all your other values, just support them. I just trust that even if Trump is a bit racist that he'll still do what's best for all American citizens.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

4 hours ago, Lihu said:

Better to just align with people who share all your other values, just support them. I just trust that even if Trump is a bit racist that he'll still do what's best for all American citizens.

Not only he is a racist, he also made fun of a handicapped person, made many sexist & demeaning remarks to women, made so many threats to sue (and sued) others for very frivolous reasons,  lied so blatantly so many times, ..., the list goes on and on and on.   If you like those in quality of the POTUS, then he is your man.   But to me, it is clear that he does what is best for his ego, not for American citizens.  I for one American citizen, e.g, do not want my tax money to be spent on building a wall between US and Mexico.  The Great Wall of China didn't keep the northern barbarians from invading China repeatedly  ;-).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

5 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

Not only he is a racist, he also made fun of a handicapped person, made many sexist & demeaning remarks to women, made so many threats to sue (and sued) others for very frivolous reasons,  lied so blatantly so many times, ..., the list goes on and on and on.   If you like those in quality of the POTUS, then he is your man.   But to me, it is clear that he does what is best for his ego, not for American citizens.  I for one American citizen, e.g, do not want my tax money to be spent on building a wall between US and Mexico.  The Great Wall of China didn't keep the northern barbarians from invading China repeatedly  ;-).

No, that's why we both likely have Mongolian blood running through our veins. :-D

My point was not in direct support for Trump, but that all the other candidates are likely the same racist/sexist/lier types as well. He's not using a filter on anything he says. They are, but they likely feel exactly the same as Trump or don't care about those issues as long as it doesn't affect their own families and friends. They are the "modern nobility" who don't give a crap about the rest of us.

Yes, many of his supporters are racist, but so are many of his detractors as well.

I'm certainly not going to use that as a reason not to vote for him over the other candidates.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I must say I am enjoying the little guys fighting back against the establishment.  First Apple tells the FBI to f off and Trump just continues to stick it to the GOP establishment.  Like him or not, Trump is running his campaign his way and not even Pope Francis could derail him from victory in the evangelical based South Carolina primary.  

The highlight of the night is Jeb suspending his campaign, all that money he wasted on his campaign and he couldn't even outlast Carson.  Fox better get on board the Trump bandwagon or they might find themselves without an audience come November.  

Joe Paradiso

On 2/20/2016 at 7:31 AM, Lihu said:

No, that's why we both likely have Mongolian blood running through our veins. :-D

My point was not in direct support for Trump, but that all the other candidates are likely the same racist/sexist/lier types as well. He's not using a filter on anything he says. They are, but they likely feel exactly the same as Trump or don't care about those issues as long as it doesn't affect their own families and friends. They are the "modern nobility" who don't give a crap about the rest of us.

Yes, many of his supporters are racist, but so are many of his detractors as well.

I'm certainly not going to use that as a reason not to vote for him over the other candidates.

Trump tells the truth in simple terms, who would have thought this appeals to a lot of people? Amazing. 

We are all biologically inclined to be partial to our own "kind". It is evolutionary. To be honest, I don't really trust someone who says they don't see the color of another man's skin, it's a lie.

We all look and think "there's that asian guy, there's that white guy, etc." and all preconceived stereotypes from our biology or upbringing pop into our heads, it's natural, and doesn't mean we dislike that person or that we are bad people ourselves.  

Trump appears trustworthy because he speaks what others are thinking. 

8 hours ago, newtogolf said:

I must say I am enjoying the little guys fighting back against the establishment.  First Apple tells the FBI to f off and Trump just continues to stick it to the GOP establishment.  Like him or not, Trump is running his campaign his way and not even Pope Francis could derail him from victory in the evangelical based South Carolina primary.  

The highlight of the night is Jeb suspending his campaign, all that money he wasted on his campaign and he couldn't even outlast Carson.  Fox better get on board the Trump bandwagon or they might find themselves without an audience come November.  

Trump has become the people's candidate now and if the establishment tries to steal that away they will make a lot of Americans very angry, discourse will reach an all time high.

We have an opportunity to unite around a candidate for the first time in a very long time. The tide is turning and people are jumping on the Trump train now that they see it is for real. 

- Mark

10 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Trump is running his campaign his way and not even Pope Francis could derail him from victory in the evangelical based South Carolina primary.  

Fox better get on board the Trump bandwagon or they might find themselves without an audience come November.  

Because most people understood the Pope's walls and bridges comment wasn't really an attack on his faith. Even Trump backed off that one. 

Fox, Limbaugh et al. are the establishment douche bag boot lickers Trump is telling us need to be ousted. If they suddenly become pro Trump it will be phony. 

Rubio is starting to scare me as his numbers rise. Still not sure if I like Trump but would prefer having to make a choice between him and what will likely be Clinton. It's time for Carson and Kasich to stop wasting our time so we can get better numbers on Trump, Cruz and Rubio. 

Sorry if this is a dumb question but ... What happens when somebody who has earned delegates in a primary drops out of the race?  Do those delegates still vote for that guy at the convention or do they get to vote for whoever they want?

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

Trump tells the truth in simple terms, who would have thought this appeals to a lot of people? Amazing. 

We are all biologically inclined to be partial to our own "kind". It is evolutionary. To be honest, I don't really trust someone who says they don't see the color of another man's skin, it's a lie.

We all look and think "there's that asian guy, there's that white guy, etc." and all preconceived stereotypes from our biology or upbringing pop into our heads, it's natural, and doesn't mean we dislike that person or that we are bad people ourselves.  

Trump appears trustworthy because he speaks what others are thinking. 

Trump has become the people's candidate now and if the establishment tries to steal that away they will make a lot of Americans very angry, discourse will reach an all time high.

We have an opportunity to unite around a candidate for the first time in a very long time. The tide is turning and people are jumping on the Trump train now that they see it is for real. 

Sorry to be slightly OT, but we are, if anything, biologically favorable towards our family.  Our "kind" includes all humans.  Sure, everyone recognizes skin color and some stereotypes may pop in, but saying/acting on those stereotypes out loud without getting to know the people is racist.  I mean come on, everyone had that one kid growing up that couldn't keep his mouth shut, just kept yapping away with whatever popped into his head whether true or not.  No one went up to him and said, "Hey way to go, let's support you."  No, he got told to shut up and go sit in the corner, whatever. This is Trump.  I'll give it to the man, he created a great business empire, but he's stuck in the old days socially.  It'd be nice if we had a candidate who was a mesh of Sanders and Trump.

I don't think "trustworthy" is exactly the right word in that sentence, even to those who support him.  He appears favorable/realistic because he may speak what some small portion of Americans might want to say.

Who exactly is uniting around this candidate?  I mean his rating across ALL voters isn't very good. 

I am fine with an anti-establishment candidate, but having Trump be that candidate isn't exactly what I had in mind.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

17 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question but ... What happens when somebody who has earned delegates in a primary drops out of the race?  Do those delegates still vote for that guy at the convention or do they get to vote for whoever they want?

I'm pretty sure if a candidate suspends their campaign their delegates can be assigned to the person the dropped out candidate endorses if the delegates agree, it varies state to state.  This is the best chance Rubio has of winning as I doubt Jeb will endorse Trump or Cruz

4 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Sorry to be slightly OT, but we are, if anything, biologically favorable towards our family.  Our "kind" includes all humans.  Sure, everyone recognizes skin color and some stereotypes may pop in, but saying/acting on those stereotypes out loud without getting to know the people is racist.  I mean come on, everyone had that one kid growing up that couldn't keep his mouth shut, just kept yapping away with whatever popped into his head whether true or not.  No one went up to him and said, "Hey way to go, let's support you."  No, he got told to shut up and go sit in the corner, whatever. This is Trump.  I'll give it to the man, he created a great business empire, but he's stuck in the old days socially.  It'd be nice if we had a candidate who was a mesh of Sanders and Trump.

I don't think "trustworthy" is exactly the right word in that sentence, even to those who support him.  He appears favorable/realistic because he may speak what some small portion of Americans might want to say.

Who exactly is uniting around this candidate?  I mean his rating across ALL voters isn't very good. 

I am fine with an anti-establishment candidate, but having Trump be that candidate isn't exactly what I had in mind.

Most conservatives I know agree with many of Trumps views they just don't trust he's sincere (and truly conservative) which is likely why he doesn't have great ratings.  If it comes down to Trump versus Clinton or Sanders, I and most of the conservatives I know will vote Trump.  

Joe Paradiso

7 minutes ago, phillyk said:

You might prefer Sanders.

The unfortunate truth is that you need to be pretty wealthy or connected to run for any office.   The well connected candidate is far scarier to me.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

4 minutes ago, Lihu said:

You might prefer Sanders.

The unfortunate truth is that you need to be pretty wealthy or connected to run for any office.   The well connected candidate is far scarier to me.

I agree, unfortunately.  That's why I always thought that making major political figures only have a max salary of 50k a year would be good.  It would get rid of those in it for the money type people and might get people who actually care and are informed to run more often.  But, good luck with that ever happening.

As to Sanders, I don't agree with everything he has to say.  Sure, he might be the best choice for me right now, but I really don't know who I want to vote for.  I'll just have to pick one when the time comes.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

6 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I agree, unfortunately.  That's why I always thought that making major political figures only have a max salary of 50k a year would be good.  It would get rid of those in it for the money type people and might get people who actually care and are informed to run more often.  But, good luck with that ever happening.

As to Sanders, I don't agree with everything he has to say.  Sure, he might be the best choice for me right now, but I really don't know who I want to vote for.  I'll just have to pick one when the time comes.

Their compensation from their office position is limited but that doesn't preclude them from making money doing public appearances, speeches, writing books, etc.  

Joe Paradiso

6 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Wouldn't it be the other way around? If you're only paying your, say, senators, $50k, you're basically telling them that to live they have to take money from somewhere else. Isn't that just encouraging them to take money from lobbyists and spend time doing book tours?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 minute ago, jamo said:

Wouldn't it be the other way around? If you're only paying your, say, senators, $50k, you're basically telling them that to live they have to take money from somewhere else. Isn't that just encouraging them to take money from lobbyists and spend time doing book tours?

Pretty much. Why is crime so high the closer you get to poverty? 

I think Trump winning this state is proving that he has a ceiling. I think Trump is maxed out at the low 40's. Republicans need it to get down to a 2 man race here. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yep and my guess is Rubio will surge. He probably gets most of the Bush people. When JK and BC suspend those are probably voters that will mostly split Rubio and Cruz.

Trump has to up his policy game Rubio is getting ready to go for the throat. If all he does at the next debate and leading up to it is call Cruz a liar it won't look good. Trump won SC but it feels like Rubio came away with the momentum. When he starts getting closer to 30 it will be game on. 

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I think Trump winning this state is proving that he has a ceiling. I think Trump is maxed out at the low 40's. Republicans need it to get down to a 2 man race here. 

By the time they do it will be too late. Unless Cruz or Rubio pulls away from the other on Super Tuesday they will both stay in the race until mid-March. It will be over by then. Rubio should be the choice to consolidate around, but Cruz will show strongly in the South on Super Tuesday, keeping him in the race. The odds don't look good, time they start rallying around Trump.

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

Trump has to up his policy game Rubio is getting ready to go for the throat. If all he does at the next debate and leading up to it is call Cruz a liar it won't look good. Trump won SC but it feels like Rubio came away with the momentum. When he starts getting closer to 30 it will be game on. 

Trump won every single delegate in an extremely conservative, evangelical state in the same week that he battled with the Pope and blamed 9/11 on GWB. 

It is laughable to think that anyone other than Trump came away with momentum. No candidate has every won both NH and SC and not gone on to win the nomination. 

- Mark

2 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Trump won every single delegate in an extremely conservative, evangelical state in the same week that he battled with the Pope and blamed 9/11 on GWB. 

It is laughable to think that anyone other than Trump came away with momentum. No candidate has every won both NH and SC and not gone on to win the nomination. 

only because 22% of the vote got split between rubio and Trump. I could even said if Carson, Bush, and Kasich were out that maybe Rubio or Cruz would come close to beating Trump. 

It's not over yet. We've had three states. I think even a 3 man race will make it a tight race for Trump in a lot of states. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!