IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That WSJ poll from yesterday was an outlier. FoxNews even admits it. Latest shows Trump up big. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Braivo
Added second image

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, Braivo said:

That WSJ poll from yesterday was an outlier. FoxNews even admits it. Latest shows Trump up big. 

So quick question, is Trumps cap at 41%?

If Trump gets all of Carson he is at 41%. Yet if the other candidate gets the rest they are at 59%. Oh how quickly this can turn on Trump the longer the candidates stay in. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

15 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

So quick question, is Trumps cap at 41%?

If Trump gets all of Carson he is at 41%. Yet if the other candidate gets the rest they are at 59%. Oh how quickly this can turn on Trump the longer the candidates stay in

People once thought his cap was 20%.

Actually, the longer they stay in the better it is for Trump. The establishment's best move right now would be to consolidate on one candidate to take him on. The longer it stays a 5-6 man race the more it benefits Trump. He is playing divide and conquer and it is working. 

Cruz has a cap of about 20% due to his evangelical base. Bush is weak, finished. Kasich is a good guy but will never get enough traction. Carson too. 

Trump will get Carson's support and some from Cruz, Rubio will get the rest, but the problem is it will be too late. Cruz will hang in there far too long sapping support from Rubio. Cruz will do well in the SEC primaries, keeping him around for quite a while. 

- Mark

9 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

Win lose whatever he is influencing 2016. 

Does it have a bit of a Ross Perot feel to it all?  Even though he's technically a republican, he feels more like an independent 3rd party type guy, no?

4 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Does it have a bit of a Ross Perot feel to it all?  Even though he's technically a republican, he feels more like an independent 3rd party type guy, no?

Definitely maybe. Though he is kind of like the republicans of old before Christianity poisoned the party. 

Dave :-)

I feel like if Trump and Sanders win the primaries, Bloomberg has a good shot as an independent if he decides to run. He would get my vote if I was American. 

16 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

One thing that stuck out in Perot's campaign to me, was his "you people" moment. I guess that's one thing they have in common.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

16 hours ago, Fourputt said:

And that is likely to be her downfall.  From all of the reportage on this campaign, the voters are sick and tired of the "experienced" politician.  They are sick of the status quo, and a vote for her is a vote for 4 more years of the same old same old.  Unless the trend changes drastically, a maverick is going to sit in the oval Office next year, not a business as usual DC politician.

To para-phrase a Vietnam vet I know,
"everyone longs for a virgin until they get one. Then they go back to the pro"!

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

11 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

One thing that stuck out in Perot's campaign to me, was his "you people" moment. I guess that's one thing they have in common.

Can you point to a moment where Trump has said anything or appeared to be "above" the average American? I can't. 

- Mark

1 minute ago, Braivo said:

Can you point to a moment where Trump has said anything or appeared to be "above" the average American? I can't. 

Trump doesn't have to say it. He lives it. He owns hotels & Golf courses that most of us cannot afford.
I will say this for Trump, where most of the candidates dress down in flannel and eat greasy burgers trying to "one of us", Trump has not put forth that charade!

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

4 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Trump doesn't have to say it. He lives it. He owns hotels & Golf courses that most of us cannot afford.
I will say this for Trump, where most of the candidates dress down in flannel and eat greasy burgers trying to "one of us", Trump has not put forth that charade!

Hotels and golf courses that employ thousands of hard working Americans. Your argument is poor. 

Meanwhile our sitting President belittles and offends the millions of Americans that support Trump by saying this:

"I continue to believe that Mr. Trump will not be president."

"And the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people."

Who do you think has the "you people" attitude? Look closely, it's not Trump. 

- Mark

48 minutes ago, Braivo said:
48 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Hotels and golf courses that employ thousands of hard working Americans. Your argument is poor. 

Meanwhile our sitting President belittles and offends the millions of Americans that support Trump by saying this:

Who do you think has the "you people" attitude? Look closely, it's not Trump. 

"I continue to believe that Mr. Trump will not be president."

"And the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people."

If my argument is poor, your is based on an assumption. 
Where in the text you quoted is POTUS belittling anyone? (Belittle- make (someone or something) seem unimportant.)
Further you assume that POTUS has offended "millions". Is this based on a poll?
Did you call millions of people to ask if the blurb from Potus "offended"?
Or do you simply assume based on the typical propaganda that anything POTUS says is aimed at offending you?
I thought it was "liberals" who were supposed to be overly sensitive and offended at everything?

The actual quote has truth to it:

" I continue to believe that Mr. Trump will not be president. And the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people. And I think they recognize that being president is a serious job. It's not hosting a talk show or a reality show. It's not promotion. It's not marketing. It's hard. And a lot of people count on us getting it right. And it's not a matter of pandering and doing whatever will get you in the news on a given day. And sometimes it requires you making hard decisions, even when people don't like it. And doing things that are unpopular. And standing up for people who are vulnerable, but don't have some powerful political constituency. And it requires being able to work with leaders around the world in a way that reflects the importance of the office. And it gives people confidence that you know the facts. And you know their names. And you know where they are on a map. And you know something about their history. And you're not just going to play for the crowd back home, because they have their own crowds back home. And you're trying to solve problems. And so during primaries people vent and they express themselves and if it seems like entertainment, and oftentimes it's reported, just like entertainment but as you get closer, the reality has a way of intruding. And these are the folks I have faith in. "

and  Trump responded  “For him to say that actually is a great compliment if you want to know the truth,”  “He has done such a lousy job as president. You look at our budgets. You look at our spending. We can’t beat ISIS. Obamacare is terrible. We’re going to terminate it.” .

So once again we see that Trump is above us. He is better than everyone. He only lost in Iowa because Cruz cheated.
He is unwilling to accept anything but being fantastic and the best!
Trump shows off his elitism by putting everyone else down.

Edited by Elmer

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Further you assume that POTUS has offended "millions". Is this based on a poll?

Basic math would tell you that Trump has substantial support in the polls, assuming that support is in the millions is not a stretch. 

" I continue to believe that Mr. Trump will not be president. And the reason is because I have a lot of faith in the American people. And I think they recognize that being president is a serious job. It's not hosting a talk show or a reality show. It's not promotion. It's not marketing. It's hard. And a lot of people count on us getting it right. And it's not a matter of pandering and doing whatever will get you in the news on a given day. And sometimes it requires you making hard decisions, even when people don't like it. And doing things that are unpopular. And standing up for people who are vulnerable, but don't have some powerful political constituency. And it requires being able to work with leaders around the world in a way that reflects the importance of the office. And it gives people confidence that you know the facts. And you know their names. And you know where they are on a map. And you know something about their history. And you're not just going to play for the crowd back home, because they have their own crowds back home. And you're trying to solve problems. And so during primaries people vent and they express themselves and if it seems like entertainment, and oftentimes it's reported, just like entertainment but as you get closer, the reality has a way of intruding. And these are the folks I have faith in. "

A successful businessman is every bit as capable of this as a "community organizer". This quote reeks of mediocrity and pandering to foreign powers.

Obama uses too many words, it loses most people very quickly. Trump gets right to the point. The word "lousy" will stick in people's minds. 

So once again we see that Trump is above us. He is better than everyone. He only lost in Iowa because Cruz cheated.

Cruz did lie in Iowa, he never denied it. Carson, the nicest man in the race, agrees that Cruz is a liar. CNN called him out as well. Trump showed he is not willing to get walked all over like the other candidates, he will fight back when wronged. 

10 minutes ago, Elmer said:

He is unwilling to accept anything but being fantastic and the best!

Isn't this what we want in a President? Do you want one that accepts a mediocre nation? 

No! That's why he's winning, because he wants America to win! 

- Mark

1 minute ago, Braivo said:

Basic math would tell you that Trump has substantial support in the polls, assuming that support is in the millions is not a stretch. 

One caution about polls: Most of these only have ~100 to 400 participants for cost reasons. They do not necessarily reflect the populace as a whole and are only a tool used by media, candidates, etc. to gauge interest. The margin of error is also significant. The data must be viewed with interest, but not as an absolute.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Trump gets right to the point.

This is why I think he will make a good POTUS. He doesn't have an excess baggage and can get right to the point!

6 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

One caution about polls: Most of these only have ~100 to 400 participants for cost reasons. They do not necessarily reflect the populace as a whole and are only a tool used by media, candidates, etc. to gauge interest. The margin of error is also significant. The data must be viewed with interest, but not as an absolute.

If anything, I think the polls are reflecting a low ball figure for Trump. He's doing a lot better than the polls seem to reflect.

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Cruz did cheat in Iowa and someone in or around his campaign tried to cheat in South Carolina by creating a fake Facebook account for South Carolina congressman Trey Gowdy and posted that Gowdy was recanting his endorsement of Rubio and instead was endorsing Cruz.  

What do you expect? He's a career politician. All the career politicians are banding together to fight Trump.

Seriously, I can see a popular vote of 55%/45% for Trump and he could still lose the Election because career politicians are going to do everything they can to keep Trump out of office. They are all fighting for their easy lifestyles feeding off all Americans rich and poor.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Cruz did cheat in Iowa and someone in or around his campaign tried to cheat in South Carolina by creating a fake Facebook account for South Carolina congressman Trey Gowdy and posted that Gowdy was recanting his endorsement of Rubio and instead was endorsing Cruz.  

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

Trump's "you people" comments are reserved for illegal immigrants and foreigners. 

Not really.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!