IGNORED

2015 Tour Championship Discussion Thread

jsgolfer
Note: This thread is 3131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Funny end of the season for Spieth.

The Open: T4

WGC Bridgestone: T10

The PGA: 2

The Barclays: CUT

Deutsche Bank: CUT

BMW: T13

Tour Championship: 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Strange that Spieth didn't take his hat off when shaking hands with Stenson at the end, I haven't seen that before.

His parents weren't around to tell him the proper and polite way to do things??

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

And even before the Open, you had a 1st at the John Deere and US Open and a bunch of top-5s all around those. It really makes those two MCs stand out and makes you wonder if he was just burnt out or maybe just took his mind off of golf for a couple weeks. Whatever the reason, he put to rest any talk of a slump by coming back and playing pretty good last week and then winning this week. If you include the Australian Open and World Challenge, two tourneys that had strong fields (even though they weren't sanctioned PGA events), he has seven wins in a 10-month span along with 5 runners-up. Pretty incredible stuff.

Just watchin the tournament now. On 10, Stenson's ball got caught up in that drainage grate. He took a drop in front of the grate, rather than behind. It was closer to the hole. Did anyone notice that and/or understand what happened there?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Strange that Spieth didn't take his hat off when shaking hands with Stenson at the end, I haven't seen that before.

I thought that at first, too, but if you look at the replay Stenson was walking up to him rather quickly and Spieth was still acknowledging the crowd. I think it caught him off guard. Stenson looked like he couldn't wait to get out of there.

Great win for Spieth. Puts to rest all Player of the Year debate. He pulled ahead of a phenomenal field and capped off a brilliant season. Fun to watch.

- Mark

Professional golf events are the only t ime you do see this ridiculous "custom" that seems to have appeared in the last few years.

Do men take hats off in the street when they shake hands? Of course they don't.

Why would you?

It's a stupid "tradition" that has crept into the game for no reason and it's a case of "monkey see, monkey do."

It has nothing to do with respect.

• Upvote 2

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

His full swing needs some tweaking in the "off-season."

I don't think one can rely on mental toughness and great putting forever.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Makes me think of Woods' cut streak - 142 consecutive cuts made. That. Is quite a record.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Makes me think of Woods' cut streak - 142 consecutive cuts made. That. Is quite a record.

That record will never come close to being broken, much like Cal Ripken's consecutive games played record. 142 tourneys w/o an MC is more impressive to me than 18 majors.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

[QUOTE name="bogdan101" url="/t/84580/2015-tour-championship-discussion-thread/72#post_1205826"]   Strange that Spieth didn't take his hat off when shaking hands with Stenson at the end, I haven't seen that before. [/QUOTE] Professional golf events are the [U]only t[/U]ime you do see this ridiculous "custom" that seems to have appeared in the last few years. Do men take hats off in the street when they shake hands? Of course they don't. Why would you? It's a stupid "tradition" that has crept into the game for no reason and it's a case of "monkey see, monkey do." It has nothing to do with respect.

if i am wearing a hat of any kind, i remove it to shake hands, regardless of where i am (i also remove it when i go inside)... i did not learn to do this on the golf course... similar to always opening and closing the car door for my wife (or any other female, ftm), it is something that i was taught at a young age... i freely admit i am an old fart... that being said, i don't care if golfers do or don't do it... personal decision on their part, and not something i'd nitpick at...

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!