IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Brampton Park Golf Course, Cambridgeshire

5970 yards (Yellow Tees)

Par 71 (36/35 but today the back nine was 18 as we ran out of daylight and only got 5 holes in)

Front Nine - 42 (+6)

Back Five - 22 (+4)

Par - 54

Score - 64, 10 over par...a new record low score for me!

Birdies - 1 (only the 4th birdie in my LIFE!) This was ALMOST the first Eagle of my life!

Pars - 6

Bogeys - 3

Double Bogeys - 4

Lost Balls Front Nine - 1 (I have NEVER lost this few balls on the front nine holes at Brampton!!!!)

Lost Balls Back Nine - 3 (and Ive NEVER lost this few on the back nine!!!)

The big difference today is I left the driver in the bag and teed off with the 3 wood! Actually, the one time I pulled the driver out resulted in the first lost ball of the day! So back in the bag it went and out came the 3 wood and low and behold the ball ends up about 260 yards down the middle of the fairway!!!!

All in all, a bloody good days golf!

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played in my first "stroke" play tournament this weekend since I was a teenager. 36 holes total over 2 days. I was NOT happy with my game, or lack of it. I shot a 93 on Saturday and a 97 today. The course was in horrible shape. It was like hitting off concrete covered with that fake grass stuff. Ball striking was extremely challenging. I talked with several others, and they said the same thing. One guy I know shot a 71 in a tournament at a different, better maintained course, a month ago; he didn't break 90 at this tournament. I did win $42 for a birdie. Only had 1 birdie for both days, mostly bogeys, doubles, triples, and even a quad. On a good note, I only had 2 penalty strokes and lost only 1 ball.

I don't want it to sound like I'm making excuses, or placing blame for bad play, but the condition of the course WAS HORRIBLE. I really do feel that had quite a bit to do with my crappy score.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Played the front 9 from the back tees on Friday and shot a 39, bogeys on 1, 8, and 9.  I didn't hit many great shots, just played solid.  Played the back nine on Sunday morning and shot a 42.  So that gives me a combined 81,  4 or  strokes better than my previous best from those tees and 3 strokes better than my best from the middle tees.

89 on Saturday.

Sunday afternoon played in an inter-club tournament that was four ball on the front nine, and singles match play on the back.  I contributed nothing to the four ball and my team lost, but won my match with three birdies on the back 9.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

84 with 4 doubles on an otherwise good day. I blame myself for losing my cool trying to get around a very slow group. There's something about waiting and watching four people searching for errant balls on every hole that fries my mind.

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

88. With a 13 on the last hole ( par 5 ) - yes, a 13

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Went out yesterday to the local executive course with my youngest son, it was painfully slow....at least 2 groups of newbie golfers in front of us, and no real gaps to jump ahead.

We ended up only playing 6 holes - #1-5 and then we skipped about 4 slow groups and played #9. I was playing 2 balls on every hole - there was nobody behind us (we should have jumped backwards, but I never really looked at doing that)

ANYWAY - my son plays from the forward tees and on the 4th hole he made his first birdie ever. The hole plays about 115 from his tees and he put his 3-wood about 15 feet from the hole and then drained a little right to left breaker. I don't think I have been that excited for a shot in my 40+ years of playing. I kept the scorecard and the ball and will be getting them mounted - I'm just not sure if I'm going to give them to him or keep them for me.

Days like that are what make golf the great game that it is!

Players play, tough players win!

83 today on World Woods, Pine Barrens... 75.3/133 but it was not playing all the way back... the black and gold tees were playing together on all but a couple holes so tecnically i played the golds... 1 birdie and one double... everything else was bogies and pars... strugled with my aproatch shots, just could not get it close. lipped out a 30 footer on the first hole, then lipped out the 3 footer after the lip out 30... had the ball missed the hole completely I would have only had about 18" for par... a couple of the greens were way faster then the rest, and the bunckers were seriously washed out... but 83 first time out I am very happy with. The 83 gits my HC back down to 11, it was up to 12.2 ater my trip to Hilton Head... I guess I could have not recorder the scores, but I feel like I really know what im capable of shooting right now.

49 (+13, 69.1/129). First trip back to my home course after 3 outings in Myrtle Beach last week during vacation. Played like crap. My fade off the tee has turned more into a slice. I was trying to readjust to these greens after playing the others last week. I've developed an ugly draw/hook with my hybrid all of a sudden. Just bad.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

82 , Par 70, 72.2/129, 6622yds

Played a really challenging scottish links style course yesterday.  Really windy so I didn't hit many greens, also had putting issues (didn't drain anything over 8ft).

Brad

After my soul searching performance a couple weeks ago, complete with threats to walk away from the game, I went back out this morning and shot a very respectable 93. It's even more respectable because it included two OBs and a ball in a hazard, so it could very easily have been down in the 80s. Thanks to those penalties, I was 11 over on the par 5s, and only 10 over on the other 14 holes. Ugh.

Overall all aspects of my game were solid. Only two flubbed shots, and I really kept myself from getting bogged down by bad shots or bad breaks. I also had a couple of opportunities to play through other groups and I managed to hit magnificent shots every time I had an audience---a 270 yard drive down the middle when playing through on the 3rd hole, a 170ish yard 4I into the wind to the front fringe on a par 3, and a 235 yard drive down the center when another player was waiting near my tee box to look for his errant drive. It's really a nice feeling to look like you know what you're doing with an audience.

Putting was pretty solid, very good distance control, and didn't miss anything from within about 6 feet. Unfortunately, I didn't make anything from outside there, but left I-don't-know-how-many balls within a foot of the cup, and a few within about 8 inches. Would have been nice if some of those had dropped, but I'll take machine-gun two-putt bogies all day.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I shot a 91 on nine holes!  My highest score ever!  That is what happens when you accidentally hit the 5 and the 6 for a 56 on the ninth hole when it should have been a 5.  Didn't catch it in time.  :)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Played 9 holes today just got home about 10 minutes ago.  Started off the day with a bogey on hole 1 which is a par 3 and hole 2 a short easy par 4.   Followed by that I birdied 3,4,5.  Got par on 6 and bogied 7.  I then shot par on holes 8 and 9 for a total round of 35 even par.  Not too bad today I hit nearly all fairways.  Even on hole 2 I hit the fairway but was on a severe downhill lie and didn't hit my shot hard enough and landed right in the ditch in front of the hole.  Took my drop and next shot was within 2 feet of the hole and a putt in for bogey.

r/s - 71.5/124

5/14 FIR

9/18 GIR

27- putts

4 birdies, lipped out 3 other chances.

one more round and a loose my lowest differential :(

78 par 72 rate 71.8 slope 126 First time at this course,shot 41 front 37 back,2 birdies,2 doubles, The nicest part was this round was just over 3 hours long so just got to walk up and hit every shot without waiting around.

Went out yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks (due to a lower back injury). Driving was a bit poor, but my short game was solid. 6 one putts, 1 two putt, 1 three putt, and 1 chip-in. Hitting the woods is where I struggled. Still managed a 46 (+8) though, so overall not too bad.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

I forgot to post this the other day... Here was my round played on my Bday.  37 putts reminded me why I'm going to the Aimpoint clinic this Saturday.

I honestly can't remember a round where I missed as many putts as this one.  Make able putts!