IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I'm playing much better lately.  Swing changes (which is more of a discovery of my older, better days than an actual swing change) is still resulting in some inconsistency, but improving.  Also, my putting is in a definite slump.

I shot 79-79 this weekend.  The Sunday 79 included an OB ball and FIVE goddamn three putts.  On the plus side, 11 GIR.  I've had this happen before when I suddenly start hitting more GIR.  That means more lag putts, which I haven't been having to make a lot when I hit 6 GIR, and more three putts.  I need to put some time in on the putting green from 40+ feet.

"Witty golf quote."

80 (38/40) from "The Tips" today. 133/74.1 and 7200 yards. Second time playing from back there and my mistakes were not due to length or even from having to hit different shots into the greens than I am used to... just a REALLY bad double and two more of those 3-putts that keep me awake at night. Decided last week to give the Tips a shot. My handicap had recently dropped to a 7.3 and I was really just looking to get different views of the courses that I play in a pretty regular rotation. I will say this - the tee boxes are MUCH nicer back there. I think it will be my new home at least until the weather turns cold again.

My daughter and I tied playing alternate shots against teams consisting of: my son and older nephew; my younger nephew and their first tee coach. The third hole was tenuous, and we were one down. We finally won the last hole giving us a three way tie.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

-1 35 last night, two birdies and one silly three putt bogey on a par 5. Good thing it was not only under par but under the rating for that side. Made every up and down, only hit 4 GIR. Combined with my previous 40, that should have been 37/38, I trended down nearly a point.
  • Upvote 1

Dave :-)

• Administrator

I shot even par yesterday at Green Meadows. Birdied the second hole. Bogeyed the 9th (which is now apparently a 478-yard par four with a 260-yard carry over water on your tee shot…?).

Parred every other hole.

Kiddo tagged along. Needs to snap out of things or quit golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

47 in league tonight. Only 1 par. Combination of everything going wrong at different times. Finally started striking the ball solidly on the last three holes.

- Shane

Shot the worst 79 of my life at Hansen Dam golf course on Saturday.  I was 1 over after 11 thinking I had a chance to shoot under par with a few easy holes coming up and then proceed to shoot 6 over for the last 7 holes.  I only missed one fairway but missed quite a few greens that I should have hit and my putting was so so.  Two birdies including a chip in.

Nice round today, 82 on 117/68.1 - 5967 yds

Double bogeyed the last hole.. was quite the let down....

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Shot an 87 at Spring Lake in Long Island (43/44) on Sunday 7/13/14 with 34 putts

Shot an 88 at the Yellow Course at Beth Page (43/45) on Wednesday 7/16/14 with 35 putts.

Shot a 92 on the Chiau Sih Golf Club in Taiwan with rental clubs that were not well suited to my game. Beautiful views.

18 holes of night golf last night. Shot a 49-41= 90

Lost 3 balls on the front 9 (that's the price you pay when you're playing night golf...) so it could have been better.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Monday morning at Centennial 68.4/129 I shot a shocking 107. Went out again in the afternoon at Mohansic 70.8/128 and shot an 88, my second best score ever! Including a. 45 yard pitch in for birdie.

82 with 3 triples, 1 bogey and 14 pars last night, two in ponds and one OB. Took me 9 holes to feel like I could swing freely, for some reason I was really stiff and tense. But I made 14 pars so not like I played bad.

Dave :-)

90 this morning. unfortunately this is the best round of the year so far... but i'll take it

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

45 front 42 back 87 best round ever. Wasn't putting good at all very happy with my irons today and only missed two fairways 5 pars 11 bogeys 2 double bogeys

36 +1 Two birdies One bogey One double Five Pars Putts: 16

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: