IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Springfield G&CC;

White Tees

68.7/124

Couples Championship

35-40-75

We came in second place gross for the Championship, missed first by a stroke.  Started on the 9th hole during a shotgun start.  Was 5 over after 6 holes (argh - two three putts and missed the green from 120 yards from center of fairway) and just didn't have anything going.  Mad a few pars and then the eagle erased a lot of warts from the scorecard.  Then I chipped in on the 6th hole for a birdie.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Saturday,

Homestead GC, Tipp City, OH, Whites, CR:68.3

46-48-94

I'm still battling a terrible hook on my driver and slowly getting it dealt with. On this round, a couple of big mishits really hurt me and I sacrificed distance on the others.  A hook OB on a bloody par-5 did the most damage. Putting was also generally poor as I blew no fewer than four short ones.

It was really the work between the tee box and the green that kept this round respectable (by my standards). I had very few outright mishits off the floor and gave myself plenty of par and bogey save chances. A bit gutted that I blew the couple of birdie putts I had.

40-41=81 @ River Forest CC , Freeport PA, senior tees.

Played a better ball match with 3 friends. I had to give up 9 strokes to two of the golfers and 10 to the other. We were never down in the match, but finished in a draw. The other golfers shot 93-94-95.

As for my game, I hit 8 of 14 fairways and 9 greens in regulation. My putting was the worst of the year. I had 36 putts, including two 3 putts, and left several putts just short of the cup.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

86 at Venetian Bay in New Smyrna. 68.4/119, 6032 yards. I've been on a nice little run lately, 89, 86, 89, 101 :-( and 86. I've managed to take 2 full strokes off my handicap bringing it to a 19.0
my get up and go musta got up and went..

102... Ugh. Too many penalties! I lost 8 strokes on the front 9. 11 strokes total for the round. I couldn't get things going. Trees. Water. Stroke and distance crap.

I dunked my drive on the 5th hole and the slope on that hazard sucks, and it crossed the hazard line at about 130. "Oh, you can hit from there!" Yeah, right. Pitch it out onto the fairway about 80 yds down and hit again. I reteed and put some chipotle sauce on it and put it in good shape about 240 yds out. I ended up with a 7 which is what I probably would have ended up with had I played out of the mess, but this was a more fun 7. Besides I have some vertigo issues and don't want to fall backwards into the water.

My best hole of the round was 18. After a disaster on 17, I put extra heat on it and hit a 250 yd drive that actually landed on the fairway. Then I hit a 6 iron from 179 yds out that landed on the green but rolled onto the left fringe. Par 5 hole. A lot of real estate to the hole. I parred. Duff McGee knows the hole.

My game golf insights are telling me to leave the 5 wood and the 3 hybrid at home. They tell me the best club in my bag is my driver. Even with my duffs I'm averaging 228 with it.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Tuesday,

Sugar Isle GC, New Carlisle, OH, Whites, CR: 67.8

56-43-99

For eight holes I didn't hit a damn thing. Generally, I'll have a hole or two like this per round. Here it was eight holes of complete crap. Finally, I knocked a 6I onto the island green on No. 9. After that it was the bogey-type golf that I'm capable of. Can't sort out why or what changed. Completely flummoxed.

Sure not going to do my HI any favors with this round. Sugar Isle isn't a difficult course, but I was really chagrined to see the course rating here. I seem to be riding a rocket into the mid-20s at the moment.

Well I'm resting my legs this week and going to spin this a little differently. Played 9 hole four man Shambles with the neighborhood guys this morning. Windy conditions. Not my favorite format but gets everyone of all caliber involved. We draw numbered balls from a bag to decide teams. We won - Shot -6, with 12 puts. Missed our Eagle putts on our toughest 5 par. And sloped putts missed on the others. I couldn't putt worth s*** today. Driver and wedges were on as we teamed up on the holes. Hitting from the senior tees was fun plus I stayed at a Holiday Inn!

37 today at Fox Hills in south Michigan... shot a few 37's there this year. Managed to eagle the last hole on the Lakes Nine... It felt so good after throwing away a few strokes I shouldn't have!

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

After two decades of purely recreational play, typically sporadic with a few periods of frequency, I have finally broken the third plateau - 80 (sort of).

It didn't take long to crack 100. I got under and then flirted for years with 90 until I could shoot lower on a regular basis. For the past few seasons its been mid to low 80's.

Defining the "sort of" note: I shot 39 over nine holes today before work; really a breaking of 40, I know. So in reality that plateau is still at the fingertips for my next round of 18. Still felt great though!

Doubled #2 and answered with a birdie on three. Two more bogeys and even on the rest. Because this is golf, the last bogey was on my last hole - two putt from 10ft, of course.

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.   

108 from the whites, which is my best so far, still too many blow up holes (chipping it over the green and then 4 putting back to the hole) just need to keep it out of the water and figure out why I can make 15ft bogey putts, but it takes 3 putts to make a 10ft birdie. And no OB today at all, which is also a first for me on a par 72 course, which is likely why my score is much better. My driver has been nice and straight for a solid week now, it's helping.

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  15* 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-Pw Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap Medium 
Ball: ProV1

102... Ugh. Too many penalties! I lost 8 strokes on the front 9. 11 strokes total for the round. I couldn't get things going. Trees. Water. Stroke and distance crap. I dunked my drive on the 5th hole and the slope on that hazard sucks, and it crossed the hazard line at about 130. "Oh, you can hit from there!" Yeah, right. Pitch it out onto the fairway about 80 yds down and hit again. I reteed and put some chipotle sauce on it and put it in good shape about 240 yds out. I ended up with a 7 which is what I probably would have ended up with had I played out of the mess, but this was a more fun 7. Besides I have some vertigo issues and don't want to fall backwards into the water. My best hole of the round was 18. After a disaster on 17, I put extra heat on it and hit a 250 yd drive that actually landed on the fairway. Then I hit a 6 iron from 179 yds out that landed on the green but rolled onto the left fringe. Par 5 hole. A lot of real estate to the hole. I parred. Duff McGee knows the hole. My game golf insights are telling me to leave the 5 wood and the 3 hybrid at home. They tell me the best club in my bag is my driver. Even with my duffs I'm averaging 228 with it.

Good job. 17 and 18 are pure evil. I honestly can't remember ever taking anything less than double bogey on 18. I have ruined over a handful of rounds this year by blowing that hole up. I always manage to hit that damn tree on the right side of the green over the water. Why? Why can't I stop hitting that stupid tree lol? And 17 is a nightmare. I've played it well once. Only once. And I had to hit a 300 yard drive down the middle and get past the tree on the left so I finally didn't have to try to chip under it. Water on the right and giant tree blocking any approach center to left on the fairway. Evil.

Played stroke play today at a course with guys on a course that is a little short but very challenging with 8 water hazards (67.4/120). We are planning to play league in after ours ends. Shot 73, 2 over. I took the heal lift out the last two days and feel I've have better contact. Hope the leg pain holds off. Nice thing was I hit 11 fairways, 11 GIR, 3/5 UD, 3 Birdies, 31 putts (3 whacked two holes coming in). Other stats showed I averaged 113 out on the 4 pars, even on the 3's, and 2 under on the 5's. Basically need work on the irons and putting to be more consistent. There is always tomorrow's practice a 0600.

39 on par 34. This was one of the wider holes. . . Turns out 2 holes were short par 5. Beautiful course. Loved hitting 170 yards over thick brush toward a little top of the flag.

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I only managed 11 holes. I started feeling sick on the back nine. Too bad, too, because it started turning around after settling for a birdie on 10 after missing an eagle putt, and a bogey on 11.

I shot a 50 on the front 9. I've learned over my past three outings that I need to spend 70% of my practice time on my short game. I'm killing my driver. I hit my longest drive on record today - 256 yds - it's recorded on Game Golf. But because I hit an overhanging limb on the 9th hole with my tee shot it dropped my "average" way down, which I'm not counting. I'm making solid contact with it and have the confidence to go out on the next hole and smack it 238 yds.on the fairway. Remember when I hated my driver?

I'm hitting my mid irons well. Inside 120 yds? Ugh. I don't know what's up. It must be the time off.

I hate my hybrid with a passion, as well as my fairway woods off the fairway, and I'm thinking of buying a 4 iron to replace them. Game golf says I should leave them at home and hit my 5 iron or even my 6 iron off the fairway because I hit it further and more consistently. I've always been a better iron player than a wood player.

The fairways at my regular goat track are horrid: baked and mostly hard pan. You're lucky to find anything green, but the greens are in half-way decent shape. Other courses in the area have better fairways, but they lost the greens in the heat.

• Upvote 1

Julia

Spoiler

I only managed 11 holes. I started feeling sick on the back nine. Too bad, too, because it started turning around after settling for a birdie on 10 after missing an eagle putt, and a bogey on 11. I shot a 50 on the front 9. I've learned over my past three outings that I need to spend 70% of my practice time on my short game. I'm killing my driver. I hit my longest drive on record today - 256 yds - it's recorded on Game Golf. But because I hit an overhanging limb on the 9th hole with my tee shot it dropped my "average" way down, which I'm not counting. I'm making solid contact with it and have the confidence to go out on the next hole and smack it 238 yds.on the fairway. Remember when I hated my driver? I'm hitting my mid irons well. Inside 120 yds? Ugh. I don't know what's up. It must be the time off. I hate my hybrid with a passion, as well as my fairway woods off the fairway, and I'm thinking of buying a 4 iron to replace them. Game golf says I should leave them at home and hit my 5 iron or even my 6 iron off the fairway because I hit it further and more consistently. I've always been a better iron player than a wood player. The fairways at my regular goat track are horrid: baked and mostly hard pan. You're lucky to find anything green, but the greens are in half-way decent shape. Other courses in the area have better fairways, but they lost the greens in the heat.

Nice birdie. Did you hit the Eagle tree on the 9th hole? I shot an 84 from the blue tees at the Home Course today. I was on pace for about an 80 or 81 but guess what? I hit into that damn little old house thing they have on the 9th hole where you can go left or right but down hit the house hill.... So I had my one bad drive and hit it against the old wooden fence. Then I tried hitting with my arms over the fence and missed the ball bc I had 2 inches to swing. Then took another 6 inch swing and hit it a foot, then I chipped back out into the fairway. Took a very disappointing 7. :( still a really good round though.

No. I played Spanaway. Hit my drive off the toe right and it was coming around but hit an overhanging branch and dropped, It might have made 190 if it didn't get stopped at 125. And I'm about to fire my putter again, but I think it's a matter of two things: it's been too long and I need to practice more, and the greens are in real bad shape.

Julia

Spoiler

Going out to my home track in the morning with high confidence and a game that is, in theory, coming together. I'm guessing a 41-37-78 (70.5/124) with two birdies, 5 bogies and one double (the double will be on one of the first three holes).

A follow up to my "What will you shoot tomorrow post": I ended up going 40-39-79 no birdies, seven bogies.

Shot of the day was a long bunker shot (20yds) that I put inside 3 feet for the par save. Putter was completely wonky the whole day so I couldn't make anything happen on the greens.