IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

104 on another "local" course.  Big takeaways for the day - 10 holes for bogey but sadly no pars or better.  The 8-iron was my best friend for chips and pitches as they were spot on, sadly they were also scrambles.  Some great rolls of the putter - only a total of 38 putts.  Paid the price for tees/approaches that were not in the fairway but from the rough as I had several shots that were clipping/rejected by tree limbs where I got the shot too high.  Combine that with some fat shots and I could have easily been 10 strokes lower.  Seeing the potential in nGIR shots, making smart course management decisions and focusing on the basics makes for rounds where your takeaway is that it was good day to smell the roses.    

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

80 on my home course—my best round ever. A little bummed I didn’t shoot 79, but I messed up on a couple of par 3 holes. I needed a par on the 18th hole; my tee shot told me that was going to be unlikely, and made me happy for a bogey. 966EAA0E-18F9-4F31-B0EC-05B0550BA8DE.thumb.jpeg.1a3cae7bbd0f04d06660ae4eb230a7a7.jpeg

Edited by Missouri Swede
  • Like 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Today’s round, given how close my tournament is, was depressing. Started well, +2 through four. But then I got quick with an approach on the fifth, yanked it into the water, and chunked a pitch. Chipped on and took not one, not two, not three, but four putts for a nine.

I hit a tree on the sixth and made double, made bogey on the seventh and tripled the eighth. I was +13. I told my dad that I might stop after nine holes like he was, but I was gonna play the last hole and decide after. Bogey and a 50. Horrendous. I ended up walking to the tenth tee, knowing that I could play better than I just did. But I was hot, tired, and frustrated. Three things that don’t go well together. I took a short break, teetering on the edge of a total meltdown, and then stepped up to the tee, driver in hand.

I’m not at all proud of what happened next. I badly sliced the drive OB, which pushed me right over the edge. I went to the bench near the tenth tee, sat down, and half cried, half screamed for the next several minutes. After that ordeal, I walked to my car and took off. If that tee shot was gonna be a theme of my back nine, I didn’t want any part of it. As I said, I’m not proud of that.

I’m probably going to the range tomorrow, but Tuesday I’m resting. I want to be ready come the tournament Wednesday.

• Like 1

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

DaGolfer... you are forgiven.   To err (and to be pissed off) is human.  To recognize your shortfalls is divine.  Golf is frustrating... there are times we all want to do what you did.  Move forward.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

75 (40-35) today on the home course. Thought it was just going to be one of those mediocre rounds playing Sunday golf with the wife. Started out with a birdie on the first hole, followed by 2 pars. Then, the wife had to say something, and I went bogey, double bogey, double bogey, for the next 3 holes. Finally settled down and made pars for the last 3 holes on the front 9. On the back, a little more magic. Par on 10, birdie on 11, bogey on 12, par 13, birdies on 14 and 15, pars on 16 and 17. As we were playing the 18th, the tropical storm started moving in fast. Yanked the drive left, hit a tree on my second shot, made a nice 3rd shot to about 10 feet from the pin, and as I was lining up the putt, the sky opened up. I just hit the putt, missed, tapped in for the bogey. I'm still happy with the score.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Trending in a solid direction...94 Wednesday, followed by a 103? today. 

It's all good...bump that handicap up a bit so I can put some money down lol

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

3 minutes ago, Slice of Life said:

Trending in a solid direction...94 Wednesday, followed by a 103? today. 

It's all good...bump that handicap up a bit so I can put some money down lol

My last 3 are 93, 110, 118.....Whispering Woods brought me to my knees today.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Shot 91 in a windy, rainy, wet day. Pretty happy with how I played given the harsh conditions. My first time playing in such high wind with strong gusts. 

Driver was a little wonky today as I left a few out to the right. That's something new and I hope it's short lived. Some of my good drives hung up in the wind and got knocked ridiculously short. I even tried to tee it lower and hit a stinger without much success. After the round, I thought I should have maybe teed off with a 4i or 5i on some holes to keep the ball lower. Glad I was on my drive home when I thought of that.......

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

Got nine in today again. Thought we’d get more rain from the storm. Another +3 39 with a double bogey. Exact same round except different dB hole and different birdie. Coming along nicely though. 
Great par save when I flubbed my second shot into a fw bunker. From 164yds I smoked a clean 7i to 8’ and made the putt.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Good round yesterday in a club tournament. 74 (+3) from the back tees, handicap differential 2.9.

Short game was excellent, 25 putts, lots of up & downs 🙂

• Like 1

Golf game is starting to come back, finally.  

Springfield G&CC Blue Tees     38-38-76 

No Sixes Round

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

92,46/46. Shot 104 on this course the previous time I played it.  I had a no sevens round going until an 8 on a par 4. Total headcase, no reason for it, just plain stupid. Anyway, drives were good, but the 3 wood didn’t cooperate until the 16th hole and a par on the par 5.

My putting is terrible. Couldn’t get the first putt to within 3 feet and they were all short. So on the 15th hole, I thought, maybe I’m standing too close to the ball.  So I backed off a bit, extended my arms and it sermed like I could see the line better.  Putts were better after that.  

77 (37-40) today. Started out strong, birdie, par, birdie, and then reality set in with 4 straight bogeys. Birdied the 8th and par on the 9th for the 37. Back was ugly with no birdies, and 4 bogeys, 5 pars.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

7 hours ago, Rkrider99 said:

77 (37-40) today. Started out strong, birdie, par, birdie, and then reality set in with 4 straight bogeys. Birdied the 8th and par on the 9th for the 37. Back was ugly with no birdies, and 4 bogeys, 5 pars.

I know when I am going to have a decent round when I start strong.  Any idea why the back was different? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gjunkie57 said:

I know when I am going to have a decent round when I start strong.  Any idea why the back was different? 

I almost always think of it as the kiss of death when I make an easy birdie on the first hole.

I've had some really odd rounds in the last few weeks: 42-33, 41-34, 40-35, 38-44, and 37-40. I'm not sure why it's happening. It may be because of the heat and exhaustion near the end of the round, but then some of the rounds have been reversed where the big number is on the front 9.  I think for me, concentration is my biggest issue. It's hard to concentrate for 3-4 hours.

Well, today is my day off, time to work on the Harley. Tomorrow will be another day on the course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Today we made the almost-four-hour round-trip to Pinehurst No. 7 for my tournament, which I believe is one of @Sandy Lie’s home courses. We played the white tees (par 72, 6347 yards). 

I forgot how to play golf on the front nine, save for two holes, and posted a limp 59. I had packed eight balls in my bag, and by the seventh hole, all but two were gone. The back was a bit better. I was a stroke over bogey golf through 16, but on the 17th, I hit one OB from the bunker and posted a nine. On the par-5 18th, I had 120 to the pin for my third shot, skulled it into the pond behind the green, and posted an eight, a back-nine 51, total 110.

Putting was terrible. The greens were fast (an 11.5 at least), and I love fast greens, but I had a four-putt and nine three-putts. Two one-putts gave me a total 45 putts for the round. I don’t know if I finished ahead of anybody. 

But despite not playing well, I loved the golf course. For those who don’t know, No. 7 has a lot of elevated greens, so it’ll play longer than the scorecard’s yardage. It was definitely a tough one to walk, as I was exhausted at the end of the day. I’ve always wanted to play a Pinehurst course, and although it owned me today, I’d love to get back out there in the future and try to post a better score.

I’m gonna take tomorrow off before getting back to the range Friday.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

79 (40-39) yesterday. Just couldn't get it started. Made 1 birdie, and had a legitimate chance at about 3 more, but either came up short, or pushed or pulled the putts. It was like I just wasn't interested in playing golf. Well, today will be different, I hope.