IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Shot 75 at La Mirada GC in La Mirada.  That course is easy though so I'm not super excited about it.  But I guess shooting in the 70s for me is good anytime.  Got a tee time at Costa Mesa GC on Friday, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully Los Lagos is good to me!  BTW, saw a deal at likeacoupon for 50% off tee times on course 2, Mon-Thurs.  Goodnight, time to dream about making birdies...

• Upvote 1

la mirada is a love hate course for me. it is a fun course. a little easier than compared to others. the thing is that it is slowwwwwwwwww. 5 hour round, some times 6 hours.

jtad, what course you playing at costa mesa?

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Not a great day -- 102.

On the other hand, it was a new course to me (Lindsey: "The Links at Norman").  All the problems were entirely my fault, of course, but the wind was blowing pretty hard, and there are several holes where you can't see the flag from where you tee off - not a problem if you know what's coming, but being my first time....  ahh, doesn't matter ---- I just suck!

...oh, and I always like to walk, but the course layout has several holes that are real hikes from green to tee box.  Annoying.

A 9-over 44.  Absolutely mushy conditions and tons of wind.  Never got any roll on full shots and it was really hard to get the ball to release and roll on chips around the green.  I liked my full swing shots for the most part, but it was tough to do any damage around the greens due to ground saturation/standing water.

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

I played my first round of 2011 today while on vacation in Florida. Shot 100. Despite the relatively poor score there were some positives for me. Driving was good, I hit 5 FIRs and the misses weren't bad at all. I only hit 2 GIRs but I am hitting new irons for the first time and distances were off plus accuracy was just ok. The biggest letdown was the short game. Living in the north I haven't been able to practice the short game and it really showed. I left at least 10 shots out there due to flubbed chips and pitches or poor putts. I also got really fatigued by the 15th hole and was kind of going through the motions on the last few holes. All in all, a great start to a new year!

I fired a 78 today in fair to poor conditions. A ton of wind coming in before a storm. Did play well, just did not score well. Hit it to less than 10' on 7 holes and didn't make any of them. In fact, the only putt I made was on 18. It was a 6' for par. Overall a good day out and reinforces wat I knew. Need to work on the short game.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

First round out was a +6, 42

3 pars, 6 bogies

Not bad for the first round of the year.  Inconsistent with the driver though

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

A 10-something. I forgot my score card on the cart and I didn't add it up because I was going to do it in the truck.

They were all bogeys, doubles and a couple triples. I did have a couple 1-putts though.

My driver was burning me all day because I'm working on getting rid of the slice and it's not going so well. I'm still swinging out to in and can't seem to break the habit.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

I played Thursday and had a 50 for 9 holes. This is the first time I played out of the 40s in a while. I had been at the driving range earlier in the week and a pretty bad high slice had found it's way back into my swing. I guess I convinced myself to get rid of it, because for the first time in my life, I was hooking the ball on nearly every shot. I went from a high slice, to a low penetrating hook. Especially with my driver.

I'm usually pretty inconsistent with my longer clubs, but I bail myself out with my wedges/low irons. Not Thursday. For the first 6 holes, I was playing the worst round of golf I had played in a long time. My score would have been much worse, but I saved it a bit by finally finding a groove over 7, 8, and 9, when I played those three holes at +1.

The club selection of a true hacker:

Driver: Nike Dymo2 SQ
3 and 5 Wood: Nike Dymo2 SQ
Irons: Adams Idea Tech OS Hybrid Irons (5-PW)
Wedges: Maxfli 56* and 60*
Putter: Odyssey White Ice #1 in Copper

Fired an 82 with new irons and driver.  Short game let me down and 3 greens were in horrible shape (more sand than grass).  Short game led to two doubles on the back, otherwise played pretty solid.  7 of 14 fairways, 10 of 18 greens, 5 bunker shots (a personal high), 29 putts, no penalties, but 2 holes where i chunked my chip/pitch.  Ugh.  1 birdie on a par 5 and lipped out two other birdie putts.

Was also my first round walking in 6 years.

80, 9 over, 6 over on the front, 3 over on the back

Played pretty decent, had two double bogies, few holes got away from me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

84....47 on the front, 37 on the back. Links course I had never played before and the wind was howling, temp was under 50. I was pretty frustrated on the front, but really turned it on on the back 9. 37 (1 over) ties my personal best for 9 holes. I'm on fire with the driver. I may have missed 1 fairway all day? Got the putter going on the back 9 as well. Can't wait for good weather...excited to start flying the ball proper distances!

Shot 76 of par 72 , 36 and 40 And almost a hole in one ! [IMG]http://184.72.239.143/mu/744d05b3-e64c-ab23.jpg[/IMG]
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

91, for a differential of about 21. I started with a birdie on the second hole and played almost fairly consistent bogey golf, with the exception of 4 doubles. I made a lot of mistakes, but breaking 90 came down to the wire and I blew it. On the last three holes I needed three pars to break 90. - The first hole (of the last three holes) I pitched on and gave myself a 5 foot putt for par. I read a slight break, but there was no break and I missed the putt. - The second hole I hit GIR and lag putted to 4 feet. I read no break, but there was a slight break and I missed the putt. - The third hole I left myself with an 8 foot putt and got par. The only putts inside 5 feet that I missed all day was at the very end when I needed them the most. I worked so hard off the tee and with my long clubs to set those putts up that I was really ticked off that it came down to misreading the putts. Not yipping them, just misreading them. (Evening shadows, IMO, make reading putts twice as hard.) Oh well. That makes the fourth consecutive game that I've carded a birdie, so that was fun.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

87, 42/45. Hitting the new R11 like crazy... not really one bad drive all day. Short game was the killer today. Just had no touch at all. Flubbed two chips into bunkers then either hit the bunker shot fat or bladed it across the green. Ugh.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

shot an 82 yesterday.  really disappointed with the last 10 holes - had three very, very good birdie opportunities (less than 10 feet on all of them) and every time, my ball hung up less than one roll away from the edge of the cup.  on 17 i hit an excellent drive and just had a simple little 50 yard shot into a wide open green and somehow stubbed and pulled my shot.  that should've been a total birdie op, too, but it wound up being a bogey instead.

These were what I won last Thursday in a small tournament at my club for longest drive . [IMG]http://184.72.239.143/mu/790f8f5d-a850-2aa9.jpg[/IMG] Too bad that I m a Titliest man.
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight