IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

just got home from playing 9 with my dad....  started out like a CHAMP!!!!!!    Par, Par, bogey, bogey ( 50 ft putt to save par hit the hole square and bounced out lol )     then the wheels fell off.... i have a good drive, then shank my next shot into a creek lol... make a 7 on a par 5.....   next hole i hit a nice drive right down the fairway... next shot ends up behind a tall pine tree... and i'm like i think i can get over this... and i hit right into the tree.. make a 7 on a par 4.....  next hole i duff my tee shot 100 yards out... my next shot i lose the ball in the same creek again lol.... and make an 8 on a short par 4....   next hole is a short dog leg left 341yds...  i pull my 3wood and crush the drive over a big tree for the short cut and am about 80 yards out and hit my 56* onto the green... ( thinking good thoughts to save the round )  and 3 putt....... last hole is a par 5, and i hit 3 wood again and hit a good drive.. hit my 3 wood again, and i end up behind a tree lol... punch out, sideways... then wedge onto the green and 3 putt lol........  durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 93. 

Played better than I scored, just couldn't get out of the sand on one hole (took three tries), and just sucked on most around the green shots in general. 

I broke 100 for the first time this morning with a 99!

Ate lunch and went back out and shot an 86!  Got my first birdie ever in that round.  Followed by two more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, millsan1 said:

Ate lunch and went back out and shot an 86!  Got my first birdie ever in that round.  Followed by two more.

You should post in this topic:

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, millsan1 said:

That’s a helluva day. Congrats!

• Thumbs Up 1

Played 9 holes today. It was a bit too warm to play more than that. Humidity is way up there.

Shot a 40, with 5 pars, and 4 bogies. 

I was able to use a green side shot I have been working on for quite a while. I'm going to use it when not close enough to chip. It's a no wrist hinge pitch shot. It's basically a Runyon putting stroke, using a longer back stroke. I just add a little more forward hip turn.  It's good for me up to about 20-25 yards. I holed one out today for a par. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Well, shot a 42-41=83 on a par 72 course from the Senior tees (I'm 65), but it felt a lot worse than that! When you have 2 birdies on the back, and can do no better than a 41, it gives you some idea of what an up and down round it was.

I kind of got my wedge figured out on short pitches, and I was able to deliver some effective "stingers" from bad places to get back into play, but overall an inconsistent round!

Played the back 9 at my home course. Shot a 39.  6 pars, and 3 bogies. Made a 20' putt on the last green for a par. 

I had played the front nine earlier this morning. Took a long break in between due to high humid conditions. 

The course was still pretty moist, but I did use a few more irons than I did earlier. My Ironwoods, with the wider soles, worked well for me. 

The course has a summer rate that is the same for 9, 18, or any number of holes played up to 18. Cart rental is extra. Since I had paid earlier in the day, the back nine, although played a few hours later, was still included in the original fee.. Only difference was I paid for cart for the back nine. The morning nine I walked. They treat us very well. 

In My Bag:

Played 9 holes. Shot a 42. I was walking, so with the heat, and humidity, I took my time. I didn't hold anyone up, so no worries there. 

Had 16 putts, 1 bird, 1 double, and the rest were either par, or bogey 1s. Didn't lose a ball either. In fact, now that I think about it, I have not lost a ball in my past 36 holes. 

I actually played 11 holes. After the first 9, I took a break, then played #11, and #18 which brought me back to the club house. Parred both of them. Lipped out a 15' putt on #18 that would have given me another bird. 

I will be back later this evening with my Granddaughter after she gets off work. She will be hitting 50-75 yard shots, as part of her learning process. 

In My Bag:

Played horrible this week. On tuesday, played 9 holes the course is very wet so it's shortened to mostly par 3's. Some par 3 are 260 but to a green that it's quite sloped so they turn quite difficult, plus some holes were played in heavy rain. Shot +5.

On wednesday I payed 9 again, but played the two par 5's as par 5's, shot +1.

Yesterday, again 9 holes, shortened, shot +5 with a triple bogey in number 3.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Got out for a rare weekday round and shot a typically crappy number, but played with a personable fellow that just graduated Troy High School. His grandpa gave a set of clubs and he is now learning to use them. 

Like many newbies, it was a battery of slices, fats and skulls for most of the 18, but he had some moments.

We were on the last hole, a long par 4, and he'd hit his second fairway of the day.  Waiting for the green to clear, he asked for the yardage and what club to use. I told him to not worry about the yardage so much and hit the club he had the most confidence in. So from 215, he hits a rocket with his 7W to the back fringe. 

I think we have a golfer.

Had a 43 (8 over) last night, easily lost 3-5 shots due to horrible putting, but in general pretty happy. My strikes with my wedges were really good, too good in fact, as they were flying a bit too far compared to what I'm used to. No complaints though, I'll take shots going further than expected due to better striking to shorter than expected due to poor striking.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Shot a 40 for 9 holes this afternoon. 4 bogies, 5 pars, and 17 putts. Had a long one putt for par. 

I hit a lot of 7W, and 5I punch shots. Seemed to be the best shots I had going for me today. Fairway dirt is still pretty wet from the rains, and irrigation. Played pretty  consistent today. Nothing real bad, and nothing really good. 

For my past 63 holes, I have been averaging 4.55 strokes per hole, which for me is pretty good. Switching back to my older set of Ironwoods, has been a pleasent surprise too. 

In My Bag:

Had the dog with me this evening, so played first 4 holes thrice, which surrounds a pond for her to cool down. 3 bogeys on the 2nd, 3 birdies on the 4th. Creatures of habit? 2 more bogeys and parring the rest left me greenside on the short par4 5th (my 13th and last) with an 20ft eagle chip at +2. Finished +3. 🙄 

@Patch Hi, is that funky putter double sided? Sound like good hitting today, few more putts dropped and that could have been tasty.

Edited by Darth_Fader

On Wednesday I shot a 48 in my league.  Player I played against had "best round in a year" and beat me.

Today I played a new course and shot a 98.  Player I played against "had the best round all year" and whooped me by 10 strokes.

So if you want to have a great round, come out and play with me, apparently.

Always remember, the same country that invented golf and called it a game, invented bag pipes and called it music.

49-52 101. Atsugi Golf Course, Atsugi NAF Japan. Back 9 is closed due to irrigation system maintenance, so played the front twice. 

Very happy with the round overall. I feel like I am finally putting it together a bit.

Disappointed that I left some shots out there though. One bad (wedge!) OB on hole 1, ended up making 8. Hit some really great tee shots, and only one real bad one. Also hit some neat pitches and chips. Also chunked a couple of each of those. Felt like I made no putts. 

Second best score ever (100), and best in over 5 years, so, definitely happy with that! 

Gutted that I didn’t hold it together to break the century mark for the first time, though. 

First two holes were 8,7,5, last three holes were 7,7,4. Decently smooth sailing besides that.

No 9’s, 10’s or worse. That’s a big day for me! Things are trending the right way. 

Edited by sofingaw